THE BROWNS BOARD

what about Matt Flynn

bigbaddawgjr

Hoyer wasn't really the designated starter though. He was never going to beat out Big Ben, and didn't get much of a shot in AZ. Flynn was basically named starter by both the Seahawks and Raiders, and lost his job to a guy with 0/1 starts. You've got to think, given the situation in at least Oakland, he could have stayed on the roster if he was decent.

If we picked him up it would be as a third qb.

Weeden lost his starting job to a guy with one start that had been cut from multiple teams.

Bernie Kosar was cut by the browns and cowboys

John Unitas was cut by the Steelers

Len Dawson was cut by the Browns

George Blanda was cut by the Bears

Jim Plunkett was cut by the Pats and 49ers

Tobin Rote was cut by the Giants

Norm Van Brocklin was cut by the Rams

Bobby Layne was cut by the Bears

YA Tittle was cut by the 49ers

Kurt Warner was cut by the Giants

A lot of guys in the past have been cut and went on to lead a team to a title...or near title

A lot of guys in the past have been cut and went on to lead a team to a title...or near title

Fancy doing a list of all of the guys that have been cut and *not* lead their teams to titles? Or even started a game? I'll see you next year when you're done!

I don't know about Flynn, but I'm surprised the Browns haven't picked up someone.

The way Weeden takes sacks, I have serious doubts he makes it through the season without some type of injury.

Hell, he hurt his hand bouncing it off someones helmet, the guy gets 1 of every 3 passes batted down, at that rate he is bound to take another hand shot on an already messed up thumb.

A lot of guys in the past have been c ut and went on to lead a team to a title...or near title

That was kind of my point gipper, yes.

Fancy doing a list of all of the guys that have been cut and *not* lead their teams to titles? Or even started a game? I'll see you next year when you're done!

No. This is like the Army. YOU have an idea, YOU are put in charge of implementing it. WE will see YOU next year when YOU are done.

No. This is like the Army. YOU have an idea, YOU are put in charge of implementing it. WE will see YOU next year when YOU are done.

I wasn't actually asking you to do that - the point was that it's basically an endless list of, over the last 50 years, thousands(?) of quaterbacks who have been cut and not gone on to win anything. There are outliers in everything, you can't make your judgement on them.

can't we all just stay on topic and say matt flynn blows.

man we're 3 and 2 for the first time in 5 games since i can't remember and everyone is flipping out in desperation because hoyer got hurt. i don't get these fucking threads. i really don't.

hey we cut thadeus lewis and he's starting for the bills this sunday. what if he wins and looks good? does that mean ALL OF A FUCKING SUDDEN that our FO sucks now cuz we shoulda never cut him blah blah blah.

just shut the fuck up already and enjoy the ride.

getback to me when weeden loses 5 in a row.

hey why don't we bring in TO and chad johnson or ladainlian thomlinson and jamal lewis since we are soooooo desperate to sign a washed-up scrub?

hey we cut thadeus lewis and he's starting for the bills this sunday. what if he wins and looks good? does that mean ALL OF A FUCKING SUDDEN that our FO sucks now cuz we shoulda never cut him blah blah blah.

Hey, never thought of that!

The Browns cut somebody and he is actually STARTING for another team!

If that doesn't scream improvment, I don't know what does. Haha.

can't we all just stay on topic and say matt flynn blows.

man we're 3 and 2 for the first time in 5 games since i can't remember and everyone is flipping out in desperation because hoyer got hurt. i don't get these fucking threads. i really don't.

By all accounts, Flynn couldn't even run the Raiders offense in that one start they had. He couldn't make the zip throws. No arm, no mobility. The Raiders were smart enough to admit their mistake and cut bait.

But the Junior GMs on this board want to sign him and trade our 6'3 stud of receiver who has propelled us into first place, and has a 2nd round rookie contract, for an injured player of equal value who gives us nothing this year, despite the fact they we are 3-2 and we would trade the stud to a team that is 1-4 and four games out of first in their own division already.

Let's stop the insanity and beat the Lions.

We've got a QB with a cannon who just "may" now get it after seeing Hoyer run the offense, and we have the best young breakout receiver in the league. And we are tied for first. So ... obviously we should blow it up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-14SQSkRvkE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AF-v2_6lqRE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJnQPuzg5Ys

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBy_OwfOEwk

We've got a QB with a cannon who just "may" now get it after seeing Hoyer run the offense, and we have the best young breakout receiver in the league. And we are tied for first. So ... obviously we should blow it up.

You may be on to something with that statement. Maybe, just maybe Weeden figured out that if you get rid of the ball in 3 seconds or less you can actually put up more than 95 yards passing.

Archived