THE BROWNS BOARD

what about Matt Flynn

bigbaddawgjr

Really take weeden over him?

Yes ... Really!

Dude was just CUT by the Raiders.

We have two active, healthy quarterbacks better than him ... Hoyer can come back next year and we will draft a QB.

What the fuck do we need Matt Flynn for?

Zombo

Really take weeden over him?

weeden has won more games than Flynn, outside of that ridiculous game against Detroit when they had already packed it in for the season, Flynn has done nothing with multiple teams.

Flynn might be OK to pick up.....as our 3rd string guy....and at basic minumum veteran salary. He is a veteran with some experience. Probably better than Marquise Grey.

By the way, besides Pryor, who is the other QB on the Raiders roster with Flynn gone?

Flynn's awful and we save a roster spot by not signing a third QB.

Let's go with the two healthy, experienced veterans and an extra roster spot.

I really don't think there's a need to sort through garbage right now.

Zombo

Zombo

What? You mean leave the roster spot empty?

I note that it appears that the Browns have all 53 roster spots filled. I think they may have moved Whittaker off the practice squad and resigned Josh Cooper.

eeerrrrrpps, nope that's not right: Brian Hoyer is STILL on the official roster. They have not yet put him on the IR.

I personally suspect they have not done so because they will move him to IR only when they sign a new guy.

What? You mean leave the roster spot empty?

I note that it appears that the Browns have all 53 roster spots filled. I think they may have moved Whittaker off the practice squad and resigned Josh Cooper.

eeerrrrrpps, nope that's not right: Brian Hoyer is STILL on the official roster. They have not yet put him on the IR.

I personally suspect they have not done so because they will move him to IR only when they sign a new guy.

No, I mean use that roster spot for another player at a position of need. Depth. Promote Cooper back on to the roster or bring in another body that is going to play on Sundays on special teams as opposed to a third string clipboard holder.

Zombo

No, I mean use that roster spot for another player at a position of need. Depth. Promote Cooper back on to the roster or bring in another body that is going to play on Sundays on special teams as opposed to a third string clipboard holder.

Zombo

I agree with you Z, how many teams carry 3 QB's ? I only wish we knew why Campbell is in the doghouse.

Zombo

How about a practice squad QB then? Like you say, bring the Coop back up. At least get a guy that they can use in practice.

I mean, Marquise Gray? Why don't we just sign Dorian Gray. At least he would never get hurt...unless he is stabbed in the heart.)

(Oh, OK for those who don't know who Dorian Gray is:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Picture_of_Dorian_Gray

I do have to say I wish we had taken a run at signing Josh Freeman. I am guessing he was had pretty cheap making it a low risk signing with high upside. He had it going on and then tanked. It appears as though personal / off field issues contributed. He has a chip on his shoulder so if those are resolved he has high upside.

How about a practice squad QB then? Like you say, bring the Coop back up. At least get a guy that they can use in practice.

I mean, Marquise Gray? Why don't we just sign Dorian Gray. At least he would never get hurt...unless he is stabbed in the heart.)

(Oh, OK for those who don't know who Dorian Gray is:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Picture_of_Dorian_Gray

One of my favorite books. Oscar Wilde might've been gayer then AIDS but he sure as hell could write. I absolutely hated the movie though.

Oh yeah Matt Flynn sucks. Don't sign him.

Zombo

Just asking......Do we have a guy that can go in at QB if we happen to lose both in a game? Used to be Cribbs, but I don't know if

there are any guys on this roster that can fill that need.

Just asking......Do we have a guy that can go in at QB if we happen to lose both in a game? Used to be Cribbs, but I don't know if

there are any guys on this roster that can fill that need.

Third string tight end, MarQueis Grey ... was a Big Ten starting QB at Minnesota.

Zombo

I do have to say I wish we had taken a run at signing Josh Freeman. I am guessing he was had pretty cheap making it a low risk signing with high upside. He had it going on and then tanked. It appears as though personal / off field issues contributed. He has a chip on his shoulder so if those are resolved he has high upside.

Issues as far as the Browns were concerned- Freeman wants to be a potential starter, he wouldn't be starting here anytime soon unless Weeden gets hurt. Plus, he's in the substance abuse program- one more strike and he's done for a year.

two words that describe matt flynn:

FUCK NO.

what are we on alert for every player that gets cut nowadays?

last i watched the browns they looked pretty decent. just won three in a row.

are we just going to keep bringing in people and working them out while threatening our best players with trades?

what kind of god fucking awful logic is this shit?

Issues as far as the Browns were concerned- Freeman wants to be a potential starter, he wouldn't be starting here anytime soon unless Weeden gets hurt.

Yup... seems clear that was the case.

two words that describe matt flynn: ... NO.

what are we on alert for every player that gets cut nowadays?

I agree on Flynn, an over hyped, one hit wonder if there ever was one.

As for your question...

If we're not we sure should be.

If Gray is the new Josh Cribbs (converted college QB to WR/RB/FB/ST), then lets see if he can be a kickoff returner.

I don't know about kick returner , he's a big target at 6'4 240.

But he is an intriguing guy, ran a 4.73, played QB and WR in college and has played halfback and tight end in the pros.

I bet Norv starts to have some fun with him.

Zombo

Hoyer was cut from the Steelers and cardinals.

Hoyer wasn't really the designated starter though. He was never going to beat out Big Ben, and didn't get much of a shot in AZ. Flynn was basically named starter by both the Seahawks and Raiders, and lost his job to a guy with 0/1 starts. You've got to think, given the situation in at least Oakland, he could have stayed on the roster if he was decent.

Archived