THE BROWNS BOARD

Confidence, an old word for swagger

NaplesBrowns420

I haven't seen it with the Browns for a very very long time. Last week was beyond refreshing. It was the first time in a while where it appeared that our players were actually having fun. I hope one of their coaches pointed that out to them.

It is beyond easy to lose faith in yourself and your abilities. If you don't believe so, you are foolish. When you aren't winning or even being successful, it is a fight to keep your chin up, and many if not most people are unable to do so. Our boys have been on the losing side for a long while, and it has showed many times over many years. How many games have we been unable to close? How many times were we within reach but came up shy? Hopefully, with the past couple of weeks, a spark has ignited, and these boys will play with an ease of mind. That ease of mind makes EVERYTHING easier. It becomes second nature, it becomes the game that each and everyone of them fell in love with. I really hope that they have taken notice to that. If so, the sky is the limit. If not, one loss could send them reeling back into what we have come to know as commonplace for the Browns.

At the level these guys play at, confidence is supremely important. Don't underestimate that component. That is why I have ZERO trust in Weeden. He had no confidence in himself as a pitcher, and he has no confidence in himself as a football player. He's shown no confidence in himself and that is exactly why he is not a leader by anyone's stretch of the imagination. I'm happy with the way Hoyer has played, hopefully he keeps it up, because the whole mentality of the team has seemed to change drastically with him under center. He may not be Joe Montana, but his demeanor may have been a very big missing piece.

So, having aired out my thought, I will leave at this: I hope we kick the fucking shit out of Buffalo tonight! I like Buff, but fuck them. Seriously, carve those motherfuckers up like Thanksgiving turkey. Sorry if I rambled.

Archived