THE BROWNS BOARD

You Guys Make Me Nervous...

ZeppenFocker

Hey all...Bills fan here.

Not a Cleveland native, but grew up in Mentor and Eastlake...grew up watching Brian Sipe and Bernie.

Anyway, been a Bills fan for nearly 30 years and, like you guys, we're trying to finally pick ourselves up and get back to playing competitive football after a long hiatus. I have to admit, I am a bit perplexed as to what has transpired with your team recently. How do you lose your starting QB and starting RB to injury and trade, respectively, and come out of that playing not only better, but significantly better? Is this a classic case of addition by subtraction?

How do you guys figure the game will go on Thursday?

Oh, and regarding our game against the Ravens yesterday....you're welcome.

I don't know much about the Bills but looks like Manuel was a great pick. Ravens beat us, you beat the Ravens. We're a different team now but it should be a good one!

I'm thinking the Browns D will be too much for the Rookie. Browns 21 Bill 6

Good luck the rest of the season (after our game of course)

to be completely honest, i feel the browns are going to roll the bills thursday. its in cleveland and the browns have picked up huge momentum. with gordon back on offense and a legit quarterback who makes good quick decisions, has poise, and is a good game manager, our offense is finally good enough to make us a playoff team. our defense is top 5 in the league and i dont see bills moving the ball well against us as no team has so far. other than some lucky ass plays by the vikings to go along with the damn QB runs. im not going to put anything into stone though. i personally love the bills, they've always been my second favorite team. anything can happen thursday. and damn cj spiller better pick his shit up, my damn first round pick in both my fantasy leagues. my one league is a points league not head to head, so he's killin me right now. my prediction is 27-6 browns though.

Not a Cleveland native, but grew up in Mentor and Eastlake...grew up watching Brian Sipe and Bernie.

Anyway, been a Bills fan for nearly 30 years and, like you guys, we're trying to finally pick ourselves up and get back to playing competitive football after a long hiatus. I have to admit, I am a bit perplexed as to what has transpired with your team recently. How do you lose your starting QB and starting RB to injury and trade, respectively, and come out of that playing not only better, but significantly better? Is this a classic case of addition by subtraction?

Yes, thanks for tarring the birds! They are not forecasting snow for this one either. It should be a typical low scoring affair with the home team winning. Our D has been lights out good and the offense does enough.

I don't know much about the Bills but looks like Manuel was a great pick. Ravens beat us, you beat the Ravens. We're a different team now but it should be a good one!

I'm thinking the Browns D will be too much for the Rookie. Browns 21 Bill 6

Good luck the rest of the season (after our game of course)

Thanks man...yeah, EJ was clearly the right pick for us, especially since Geno Smith seems to find new ways to suck each and every week (except the one week where he plays us...go figure). Not only that, but he's a good kid...very easy to root for. One thing in his favor is that he's played four teams known for having stout D's so far....Pats, Panthers, Jets, and the Ravens yesterday. Seeing some of the footage of your D, though, and especially after watching what Haden did to AJ Green yesterday, your D may be the most dangerous of the group. Win or lose, it'll be a good learning experience for EJ...just please don't kill the guy!

Never had a bad thought about Buff. I like their fans, and l like the team, but I hope we crush you guys on Thursday.

Indeed, addition by subtraction. Actually multiplication by subtraction.

How's Manuel been looking?

lol@multiplication by subtraction...truly, that's how it looks from a distance, too. Richardson was dominant at Bama...you guys think he was a beneficiary of the Oline he had there at the time?

Manuel has limited mistakes and had some moments...many Bills fans seem to think he should be Warren Moon out of the gate, but clearly that's not realistic. He's shown a willingness to really learn from the mistakes he makes and the coaches are doing a good job of putting him position to be successful. I think by year 3 he'll be a very solid NFL QB...really happy with this pick.

Yes, thanks for tarring the birds! They are not forecasting snow for this one either. It should be a typical low scoring affair with the home team winning. Our D has been lights out good and the offense does enough.

That's kind of how I see it, too. Our defense is a notch below yours, and on top of that we're missing 3/4 of our starting secondary, but I think it will be a hard fought low scoring game, as well. Hopefully both teams will have a few big plays to keep it fun to watch, though, too.

lol@multiplication by subtraction...truly, that's how it looks from a distance, too. Richardson was dominant at Bama...you guys think he was a beneficiary of the Oline he had there at the time?

Manuel has limited mistakes and had some moments...many Bills fans seem to think he should be Warren Moon out of the gate, but clearly that's not realistic. He's shown a willingness to really learn from the mistakes he makes and the coaches are doing a good job of putting him position to be successful. I think by year 3 he'll be a very solid NFL QB...really happy with this pick.

Richardson got pulled down from behind alot at Bama..wasnt all that thrilled when we selected him..I wanted Tannehill...but what do I know..

OOf! That would sting a bit.

trust me im not one to be that guy. if the bills win 27-6 i will not be surprised at all. just making my prediction based on our momentum and the fact its primetime at home. its going to be rocking thursda night especially if the tribe wins wednesday. yesterday when we went up by 2 scores in the 4th the whole upper deck was bouncing up and down. first time that has happened since our last thursday night game against the giants five years ago and eric wright had the 100 yard pick 6 to put us by 3 td's (i get season tickets in the upper deck of the dog pound). and by following all the browns' twitters you can just tell by their tweets its a completely different mood right now on that team.

Richardson got pulled down from behind alot at Bama..wasnt all that thrilled when we selected him..I wanted Tannehill...but what do I know..

I was reading through the Richardson trade thread you guys have...it's funny seeing all sorts of "WTF!!!!"s in the beginning, and then later on most of the posts are like, "hell yeah, we fleeced the Colts on that trade!" lol The Colts are one of the franchises I don't have any feelings about one way or the other, so I hope you guys turn that pick into a solid player next year.

Probably one area that we can all agree on is that football was meant to be played in the elements! I've never been a fan of football in domes...that beautiful field you guys have is going to look amazing under the lights on thursday.

our stadium is shit. we are well aware of that. no need to try play that game. unless you actually think we have a "beautiful" stadium, i think you need a brain scan in that case

trust me im not one to be that guy. if the bills win 27-6 i will not be surprised at all. just making my prediction based on our momentum and the fact its primetime at home. its going to be rocking thursda night especially if the tribe wins wednesday. yesterday when we went up by 2 scores in the 4th the whole upper deck was bouncing up and down. first time that has happened since our last thursday night game against the giants five years ago and eric wright had the 100 yard pick 6 to put us by 3 td's (i get season tickets in the upper deck of the dog pound). and by following all the browns' twitters you can just tell by their tweets its a completely different mood right now on that team.

If you guys do take us out, I just hope you build off that and make a run. Your division is there for the taking, and you already have the early tiebreaker over the Bungles...if you go up 3-2, there's a lot there to build off of. EJ will benefit from having to face your defense regardless of the score at the end, so as much as I'd love a win, if we can at least come out of there with a QB who is better after the game than before, it's a positive.

If you guys do take us out, I just hope you build off that and make a run. Your division is there for the taking, and you already have the early tiebreaker over the Bungles...if you go up 3-2, there's a lot there to build off of. EJ will benefit from having to face your defense regardless of the score at the end, so as much as I'd love a win, if we can at least come out of there with a QB who is better after the game than before, it's a positive.

Manuel seems like a great kid..I hope he works out for you guys except on thursday...peace...

I like Buffalo, and because of what someone else mentioned about their owner sticking up for the fans I will always have a special place in my heart for them.

This board is absolutely RUTHLESS to newcomers from different teams, EXCEPT when Bills fans come over. We get along pretty well with you guys, almost identical cities.

Good luck this Thursday, but not too much.

My prediction: Browns 20 Bills 13.

Oline, absolutely. Look at Mark Ingram, and Lacy, I don't think any Bama back has done much in the NFL lately.

The only bits I have seen of Manuel were during the Jets game, and I think he was getting frustrated. That's a very small sample size, so my judgement is unwarranted. I have heard he looks pretty good though.

Oline, absolutely. Look at Mark Ingram, and Lacy, I don't think any Bama back has done much in the NFL lately.

The only bits I have seen of Manuel were during the Jets game, and I think he was getting frustrated. That's a very small sample size, so my judgement is unwarranted. I have heard he looks pretty good though.

Jets game frustrated him for sure...this game has the potential to be similar,so it'll be interesting to see how he's grown over the last couple weeks.

Good point about the Bama backs...I forgot about Ingram.

I like Buffalo, and because of what someone else mentioned about their owner sticking up for the fans I will always have a special place in my heart for them.

This board is absolutely RUTHLESS to newcomers from different teams, EXCEPT when Bills fans come over. We get along pretty well with you guys, almost identical cities.

Good luck this Thursday, but not too much.

My prediction: Browns 20 Bills 13.

There's no doubt that Bills and Browns fans share a mutual respect to a greater degree than most teams. I probably have more of an attachment to the Browns than many Bills fans since I have so many family members from Cleveland, but even just from a football sense there is a lot in common. You guys are probably just as sick of the Steelers, Pats, and Ravens beign among the AFC elite as we are....time for a regime change, and hopefully both our franchises are in the process of laying two very solid foundations that will get us back to the top of the heap.

Probably one area that we can all agree on is that football was meant to be played in the elements! I've never been a fan of football in domes...that beautiful field you guys have is going to look amazing under the lights on thursday.

Couldn't agree more our field will look awesome under the lights.

Every week I hope for a Browns and Bills win. It's pretty funny how everybody here says the same thing about the Bills. Everybody I know from the area likes them to.

I don't know if the fan base is all that smart though.... (haha.. had to take a jab at ya) The year Hillis was running wild, a group of us drove through a massive storm from Cleveland to Buffalo to watch the game. The same day the Vikings dome collasped from snow. I had to pull my lifted 4x4 out of the barn and cut through about 2 foot of snow to get it out to drive it to Buffalo. Drove all the way up and before hitting Buffalo the snow stopped and it was smooth sailing... Buffalo only had about 6 inches of snow total. Walked into the stadium with our Browns gear on and the whole time the only thing the Bills fans could come up with for jeers was, "You ain't never seen snow like this have ya boys!!! Hahaha..." We looked at them and said there was more snow our driveways then they had in the whole stadium.... Then they looked confused and walked away. To bad Hillis fumbled like 7 times that day.... the walk out of the stadium wasn't as fun.... haha.

Gotta love the Bills but not this week!

Spiller and Jackson will be another good test for the front line. They held AP down, think they will do the same to the duo.

Stevie will have a long night working against Joe, the new kid at WR for the Bills might be the real deal, so Buster will have to play well again.

Browns-21 Bills-10

Browns keep rollin'

After Thursday, Go Bills..

Ditto on the Bills and their owner who was so cool after the move. And the only QB I was really seriously interested in for the Browns was E.J. Manuel. I think Banner and Lombardi agree. Basically we just drafted too high... and we probably have the defensive ROY, so they did fine. Then Lombardi gets another kudo for his staunch belief that Brian Hoyer could be a good starting quarterback in the NFL.

Because it's a home game and the Browns are riding a high right now, I, too, believe the Browns will hammer the Bills. More situational than anything.

As far as why the Browns got better? Brian Hoyer in for Weeden above all else. Return of our two most dynamic upside players, Mingo and Gordon. Defense gelling.

I'll write about this elsewhere, but the notion that the Browns lack talent is absurd. There's a shitload of young talent on this team and some of it's rising now.

Uhm, just how did you go from being a Browns fan of Sipe's and Kosar to becoming a Bills fan when you are from the East side of Cleveland. That sounds FRAKish to me, like maybe you jumped on them when they started winning with Kelly.

If it sounds like I am questioning your character a bit....well, the answer to that is...yes, I am.

So, explain yourself.

Uhm, just how did you go from being a Browns fan of Sipe's and Kosar to becoming a Bills fan when you are from the East side of Cleveland. That sounds FRAKish to me, like maybe you jumped on them when they started winning with Kelly.

If it sounds like I am questioning your character a bit....well, the answer to that is...yes, I am.

So, explain yourself.

wonder why he never responded...? im curious to see a rebuttal

Archived