THE BROWNS BOARD

Why Not Us?

bonedawg

It's early in the season, but we're in a 3-way tie for first place in our division. The Steelers are toast, the Ravens are a shell of their SB winning team, and the Bungles, well, you all saw what happened today. Let's have an alternate look at this season so far. Close loss to a unexpectedly tough 3-0 Dolphins team on the upswing and headed for the playoffs. Another close loss to the current SB champs. Now we drop the dead weight. Wheezy gets a boo boo on his hand, and he's out. Then our highly touted, perennially injured, drastically under-performing RB gets dealt in a blockbuster trade that has everyone howling that we've given up the season. Now, either Lombardi and Banner are geniuses or just lucky motherfuckers, but we come back with our lights-out D. We turned AD Peterson into a pedestrian back. Hoyer turns in a sharper (than Wheezy) performance and beat the Vikings. Hoyer is making quick decisions and Josh Gordon plays like Andre Johnson except with a drug problem. Offense jump-started.

Week 4. Sheard out, Mingo plays in beast mode and makes Banner/Lombardi look like geniuses or lucky motherfuckers again. Haden is completely shutdown, and even Skrine shows up to play. Our D made Andy Dalton piss all over his ginger pubes. The offense looked capable enough to be competitive, and Hoyer got his INTs under control. We win a 17-6 game that should have been 23-6 except for Billy-fucking-Cundiff missing 2 FGs. I miss Dawson and his pointy-ass fingers. Meanwhile, Trent Richardson goes for 60 yards on 20 carries with one TD. Now, I'm no fucking mathematician, but that is 3 yards a carry. I'm pretty sure we can get something comparable to that production with the Colts 1st round pick. I don't know if Hoyer is the answer, but I do know that I don't need to see any more of Wheezy. Our D is top 5 in the league. We've got no running game, but our division sucks. 9-7 or 10-6 is going to take this shit. Why the fuck not us?

Nice post. I believe it could be us if we continue to not shoot ourselves in the foot. We still aren't good enough or experienced enough to work through any big mistakes during the course of a game, and especially against the tougher teams in the league.

Nice post. I believe it could be us if we continue to not shoot ourselves in the foot. We still aren't good enough or experienced enough to work through any big mistakes during the course of a game, and especially against the tougher teams in the league.

The bungles are supposed to be one of the better teams.

i'm not so sure about that. Gordon and Cameron are some of the best at their position. It'll be hard to cover both. Hoyer has led touchdown drives at the end of the game when needed.

I'd love to see us go against one of the "tougher teams", but as been said, Bengal were a tough team.

i'm not so sure about that. Gordon and Cameron are some of the best at their position. It'll be hard to cover both. Hoyer has led touchdown drives at the end of the game when needed.

I'd love to see us go against one of the "tougher teams", but as been said, Bengal were a tough team.

The Bengals do not nor ever appeared to be a "tough" team under Marvin Lewis...they have always found a way to collapse from within...

I thought the Bengals were supposed to be a tough team. The Browns make them look like shit - lame, underachieving Bungles again - fine, that's the way NFL Mondays work.

Our running game made a big step yesterday. It was enough to keep play-action effective and help close the game out. Hopefully we get Lavauo in for Cousins vs. Buffalo or Detroit.

I sense all sorts of turnovers getting E.J. Manuel on a short week with a rabid crowd. The Bills ran for 200+ yds vs. Baltimore. They'll have to do that just to stay in the game. Our guys stopped Rice, made AP look like TRich and ended the Gio Bernard craze. Put the Bills in 3rd and long and confuse Manuel. Joe Haden is elite after yesterday. He deserves a pick six. Hoyer might not need to score Thursday night.

Many if not most predictors had the Bengals as perhaps the #2 team in all of the AFC...after Denver. And on paper they do have that talent. Just not yesterday.

Archived