THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns - Bengals Game

flyingfooldoug

Gip, defending Wheezy hurts your credibility.

AJ is a damn good receiver to be sure.. as is Julio... but neither is in Calvin's class. He stands alone at the top right now.

Gordon's talent is conparable to Green and Jones, but not yet proven.

Gordon's off-field concerns are legit, but with Green there are on-filed concerns. Kid is not built for longevity in the pro game. Julio is built better. But Gordon's physicality really stands out... unless Calvin is brought into the mix again.

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

AJ is a damn good receiver to be sure.. as is Julio... but neither is in Calvin's class. He stands alone at the top right now.

Gordon's off-field concerns are legit, but with Green there are on-filed concerns. Kid is not built for longevity in the pro game. Julio is built better. But Gordon's physicality really stands out... unless Calvin is brought into the mix again.

He said he didn't know about Weeden. Nothing implies that he thinks Weeden is great or even mediocre. And Julio built better than Green?! Julio is injured every other game.

Little may not be the best but he has shown some flashes. Double Gordon and Bess and Little could surprise some folks. hope, hope!

Why because he is black? Your a racist.

First off, it's *you're.

Secondly, no not because he's black. I'm black and I don't smoke or drink lean. It's because he's been busted for both of those substances multiple times. You don't just stop doing either of those once you're as deep into it as he is. He's gonna get caught again.

It is incredibly silly to compare them. AJ is a once in a generation talent along with megatron. Gordon is average.

And that's why you are an idiot.

Nobody is in the same league as Megatron. And I played against Green in high school, watched him in college...he's not Megatron good.

He's a top 10 WR. Probably top 5 in most polls. But Fitzgerald and Megatron are leagues ahead of Green at this point in his career.

First off, it's *you're.

Secondly, no not because he's black. I'm black and I don't smoke or drink lean. It's because he's been busted for both of those substances multiple times. You don't just stop doing either of those once you're as deep into it as he is. He's gonna get caught again.

Oh no, a spelling police. That proves you're not black.

AJ is very rarely injured. He is incredibly flexible and takes hits very well. Durability is a non issue. And to say Julio is more durable is laughable given all of his injuries.

And that's why you are an idiot.

Nobody is in the same league as Megatron. And I played against Green in high school, watched him in college...he's not Megatron good.

He's a top 10 WR. Probably top 5 in most polls. But Fitzgerald and Megatron are leagues ahead of Green at this point in his career.

Fitzgerald?? That's a stretch. Megatron is better right now absolutely. But once he starts to fall off and Green peaks, it'll be AJs league.

To each his own. Personally I along with 99.9 percent of nfl viewers would take Jones over Gordan straight up. And I was speaking from the Bengals point of view, we wouldn't have use for someone like Taylor.

Who cares what viewers think. What would coaches and GMs think. Again, the question over Gordon is just whether or not he can keep clean, not if he has the talent.

And no, you can not use a talent like Taylor. Taylor actually stuffs the run. You prefer guys that give up 200 yards a game to bad running teams. You couldn't use a guy that was instrumental in holding Adrian Peterson to 88 yards on 25 carries, and whose longest gain was only 9 yards.

Hoyer to Gordon sure got a lot of attention on espn this week as well as in Cleveland. Simms gushing about Hoyer and Carter about Gordon. Plus others as well and it was all good. I noticed because that has been unheard of around here for some time. If any of it comes true or not.....we will all just have to watch see and second guess after. But the ride there looks to be a lot of fun now. We have new owners that care and a new management that reputation aside has a fresh start. Go Browns...thrash dem kitty kats!!

Little may not be the best but he has shown some flashes. Double Gordon and Bess and Little could surprise some folks. hope, hope!

re; Little. Browns need to short leash his "the traffic laws don't apply to me" silly ass. he continues to make mental errors on the field. hard to say what he could do if he had a bit more self discipline..

AJ is very rarely injured. He is incredibly flexible and takes hits very well. Durability is a non issue. And to say Julio is more durable is laughable given all of his injuries.

Did not say Julio was more durable.. said he was built better than Green.

Which "rarely injured" knee was it that kept AJ out of the entire preseason?

Who cares what viewers think. What would coaches and GMs think. Again, the question over Gordon is just whether or not he can keep clean, not if he has the talent.

And no, you can not use a talent like Taylor. Taylor actually stuffs the run. You prefer guys that give up 200 yards a game to bad running teams. You couldn't use a guy that was instrumental in holding Adrian Peterson to 88 yards on 25 carries, and whose longest gain was only 9 yards.

No coach or GM of a successful team would take him over Julio and you know that. And you really love to ignore that the focus was on stopping Rodgers which the defense did better than almost anybody, don't ya?

He said he didn't know about Weeden. Nothing implies that he thinks Weeden is great or even mediocre. And Julio built better than Green?! Julio is injured every other game.

Right. Weeden looked like Montana/Brady/Manning in those first 2 preseason games....against the other teams first strings. Then he looked like Opie after that. So who is to say. He has a brilliant arm. Perhaps the head needs to catch up. As someone said, his firs 17 games outshone anything P. Manning did in his first 17 games.

So, right, we just don't know.

And, absolutely....Julio Jones is no AJ Green. Those two guys were in the same draft. When Green was gone ahead of where the Browns picked Heckert had no hesitation about moving down....because he believed Jones was nowhere near Green.

booty loaf:

your photo is disturbing. very much

yeah. what's up with that? is it a realistic photo of a mannequin made out of wax that's half melted with a black wig on with a japnese part down the middle. or just some photoshopped weirdness?

No coach or GM of a successful team would take him over Julio and you know that.

No, I don't fucking know that, and furthermore, I don't believe that.

And you really love to ignore that the focus was on stopping Rodgers which the defense did better than almost anybody, don't ya?

I didn't ignore it, I just don't know about it. I didn't see that game. I just know you got ran on.

If you had Taylor, you wouldn't have gotten run on so badly.

yeah. what's up with that? is it a realistic photo of a mannequin made out of wax that's half melted with a black wig on with a japnese part down the middle. of just some photoshopped weirdness?

I got it! fucking teletubbies! my toddler sons used to watch 'em on TV 10 years ago. thank Christ I had Looney Tunes to grow up with

No coach or GM of a successful team would take him over Julio and you know that.

No, I don't fucking know that, and furthermore, I don't believe that.

And you really love to ignore that the focus was on stopping Rodgers which the defense did better than almost anybody, don't ya?

I didn't ignore it, I just don't know about it. I didn't see that game. I just know you got ran on.

If you had Taylor, you wouldn't have gotten run on so badly.

C'mon man, Julio is the obvious choice. Proven, no huge character issues or a looming year long suspension, he's the clear choice. Believe it.

And the fact that they held Aaron Rodgers, the best QB in the league (besides maybe Peyton) to a rating of 64.5 just a bit over 200 yards and a TD while picking him off twice is a testament to it. I can understand you underestimating the Bengals D since you didnt watch it, but you really should. They put on a show outside of the third quarter.

C'mon man, Julio is the obvious choice. Proven, no huge character issues or a looming year long suspension, he's the clear choice. Believe it.

And the fact that they held Aaron Rodgers, the best QB in the league (besides maybe Peyton) to a rating of 64.5 and a TD while picking him off twice is a testament to it. I can understand you underestimating the Bengals D since you didnt watch it, but you really should. They put on a show outside of the third quarter.

and then got pretty lucky!

Archived