THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns - Bengals Game

flyingfooldoug

Guest Clowns Blow

Chicken, egg.

The Bengals have been "bi-polar" throughout history. If they do have a winning season this year it will only be the second time in their history that they will have had 3 winning years in a row. The last being in 1975-1977.

And, yes, the Bengals I believe should be favored to win (haven't seen a line). Whether that is a "very" likely outcome, I don't know. Perhaps a somewhat likely outcome.

Luckily for the Bengals there is always opportunity to create new history. I have a very good feeling about the Dalton-Green era. They have already done many things that history said they couldn't.

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hahahahahaha just because he's had a couple good games and is the only person who can catch the ball on your team doesn't mean he's the next Jimmy Graham. Eifert hasn't put up huge stats because of all the weapons we have, but he's done very well when given opportunities. Had a 60+ yard catch against Pitt and was very good against the bears. Gresham is prone to the occasional fuck up, but is way more talented than Cameron in nearly every facet.

Yeah Gresham is so good you had to draft Eifert. You freaking moved him to a FB because he screws up all the time. Cameron is better than any TE on the Bengals. Eifert may be better down the road, but not this year. Yeah he did so well with those 7 yards against the vaunted Packers defense, give me a break.

Luckily for the Bengals there is always opportunity to create new history. I have a very good feeling about the Dalton-Green era. They have already done many things that history said they couldn't.

Let me scoop you in on something Dalton isn't an elite QB, you will never go to the SB with him. We should know we have seen a lot of suck around here and I can tell you while Dalton is decent, he isn't great.

Yeah Gresham is so good you had to draft Eifert. You freaking moved him to a FB because he screws up all the time. Cameron is better than any TE on the Bengals. Eifert may be better down the road, but not this year. Yeah he did so well with those 7 yards against the vaunted Packers defense, give me a break.

That was Orson Charles they moved to FB dipshit. They drafter Eifert to run the two TE formation as a base offense and because he was the BPA. Good teams draft BPA, bad ones draft Brandon Weeden in the 1st. And stats don't say everything. You're one of those guys who probably thinks Larry Fitz isn't elite any more right?

First off, who exactly do you think is going to take advantage of the bengals supposedly bad run defense? Willis McGahee? Laughable.

bunghole defense made the packers 3rd string rookie running back J Franklin look like Dorsey Levens. McGahee a two time Pro Bowler, may have lost a step or two but can still contribute. There is a good reason he has played 11 years in the league. He passed his physical and still has some game left.

Let me scoop you in on something Dalton isn't an elite QB, you will never go to the SB with him. We should know we have seen a lot of suck around here and I can tell you while Dalton is decent, he isn't great.

Trent Dilfer, Brad Johnson, Rex Grossman, Joe Flacco need I go on? Dalton is top ten in QBR right now and just outplayed Aaron Rodgers. He's more than good enough for what we need.

bunghole defense made the packers 3rd string rookie running back J Franklin look like Dorsey Levens. McGahee a two time Pro Bowler is more powerful and just as fast as franklin. There is a good reason he has played 11 years in the league. He passed his physical and still has some game left.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA just listen to yourself. Franklin is ten times more explosive, quicker and elusive than McGahee's washed up ass. Ol bum knee just went for 9 whole yards on the fucking Vikings dude. He sucks.

That was Orson Charles they moved to FB dipshit. They drafter Eifert to run the two TE formation as a base offense and because he was the BPA. Good teams draft BPA, bad ones draft Brandon Weeden in the 1st. And stats don't say everything. You're one of those guys who

Trent Dilfer, Brad Johnson, Rex Grossman, Joe Flacco need I go on? Dalton is top ten in QBR right now and just outplayed Aaron Rodgers. He's more than good enough for what we need.

I am glad you think that he is more than good enough because he is subpar. And if you think Dalton is better than Rogers you are serious brain damage.

That was Orson Charles they moved to FB dipshit. They drafter Eifert to run the two TE formation as a base offense and because he was the BPA. Good teams draft BPA, bad ones draft Brandon Weeden in the 1st. And stats don't say everything. You're one of those guys who

I am glad you think that he is more than good enough because he is subpar. And if you think Dalton is better than Rogers you are serious brain damage.
Didn't say he was better. Said he outplayed him last Sunday. Which he did. And he's 10 times better than what you guys have

So he can win without talent around him but can't do it with it? Again, that point doesn't make sense.

Who/where was all this great talent around him on the Cardinals last year? Fitzgerald? OK. that is one guy. You idiots are the ones that said he had great talent in AZ. I was merely taking your premise for the sake of argument....not that I agreed with it.

And the packers defense having the bad statistical rankings is the product of playing 3 good (or usually good in the 49ers case) offensive teams. The Vikings just gave up more points to the browns than they had scored in their previous two games combined. Comparing our victory over the Packers to yours over the Vikings is laughable.

A win is a win is a win. It will count ALL the same at the end of the year.

Lets put it this way.....do you really think you are guaranteed to beat the Vikings this year?

Maybe the Vikings have actually faced more offensive juggernauts than the Packers have?

In fact...they have: they have played and lost to the Bears, Lions and Browns.

The Packers have played the Redskins, 49ers and Bengals.

What kind of homo response is that? Are you a female? Hopefully.

You're either the biggest homer alive, or actually Retarded. I haven't figured it out yet. Maybe it's both.

Either way, enjoy your 1-3 record come Sunday, along with your playoff miss and inevitable top 10 selection in the draft that you will waste.

You're either the biggest homer alive, or actually Retarded. I haven't figured it out yet. Maybe it's both.

Either way, enjoy your 1-3 record come Sunday, along with your playoff miss and inevitable top 10 selection in the draft that you will waste.

You are pretty good. I bet you can't pick the 3 digit lottery number. Hit the power ball lately? I think not. I also think they need to play the game before any one can start having bragging rights on another city's board. My prediction is that mommy has dinner ready and that you wasted your homework time making silly predictions. Go eat little boy!

I've had tickets to this game for weeks. A week ago I was dreading having to go, but now I'm at least excited. I'm hoping for a good game, but not expecting a victory, only hoping. Gordon should have a good follow-up performance, as should Cameron. I just hope Haden has been watching tape on AJ Green for the past year, b/c he is the nemesis. If we win, it'll be b/c Haden stepped it up...

I've had tickets to this game for weeks. A week ago I was dreading having to go, but now I'm at least excited. I'm hoping for a good game, but not expecting a victory, only hoping. Gordon should have a good follow-up performance, as should Cameron. I just hope Haden has been watching tape on AJ Green for the past year, b/c he is the nemesis. If we win, it'll be b/c Haden stepped it up...

Keep the faith. Anytime you field a good defense there is hope. Hoyer? Pretty much an open book but he has some good mentors. I look for a very exciting game and a big, long time a coming home win!

bunghole defense made the packers 3rd string rookie running back J Franklin look like Dorsey Levens.

Bengals defensive gameplan against the Packers was built around blitzing Rodgers, something Mike Zimmer rarely does, and probably won't repeat against Hoyer, Campbell, or Weeden. Packers attempted to counter the Bengals blitzes with very fast passes but the Bengals secondary tackles very well and denied the Packer wideouts YAC, the very thing they thrive on. That said, the flurry of turnovers resulted in the Packers controlling TOP and the Bengals D-line started to looked gassed in the late 2nd and early 3rd before dominating the final quarter. Coupled with the constant blitzing that kept Rodgers in check Franklin feasted for awhile, but I'm guessing there isn't a single Bengal fan whose mad at that guy today.

At least one person on this board is somewhat of a realist. I was expecting another "Hur durrr Browns 63 Bengals -6 hurt durr" prediction. Way to go

Bengals defensive gameplan against the Packers was built around blitzing Rodgers, something Mike Zimmer rarely does, and probably won't repeat against Hoyer, Campbell, or Weeden. Packers attempted to counter the Bengals blitzes with very fast passes but the Bengals secondary tackles very well and denied the Packer wideouts YAC, the very thing they thrive on. That said, the flurry of turnovers resulted in the Packers controlling TOP and the Bengals D-line started to looked gassed in the late 2nd and early 3rd before dominating the final quarter. Coupled with the constant blitzing that kept Rodgers in check Franklin feasted for awhile, but I'm guessing there isn't a single Bengal fan whose mad at that guy today.

This. The Bengals defense did their job and then some. Limiting the Packers red zone scoring during that run of four turnovers was crucial.

Archived