THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns - Bengals Game

flyingfooldoug

There aren't two. The only one that could have potentially been used was Trent Richardson lol. Willis McGahee running 8 times for 9 yards doesn't exactly scare me.

The Browns do have a good Defense. Painfully unrealistic fans, but a good defense.

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TL;DR

But just based on the sentiment you seem to post with, I can assume that both of those quarterbacks were good. Now I'll assure you that this is not that controversy revisited, as both Hoyer and Weeden suck fat balls.

Gotta agree.

Hoyer is or never will be, Sipe-ish.

Not sure if he will go as low as sucking fat balls, but I'm not getting the comparison.

Guest Clowns Blow

Hall will play, he's already stated he's good to go.

Nevertheless, is he going to be 100%? It won't do you any good to have a gimp trying to cover Josh Gordon.

Jones was cited, not arrested. There is a difference.

Not really. One must be detained...which is a form of arrest, before being cited.

He may be disciplined internally but not by the league.

I don't know about that there. Talk about a guy on thin ice that has NO leeway as far as his behavior is concerned.

Dre Kirk and Ghee should both be good to go as well. And the pass rush of the Bengals will absolutely destroy the Browns pathetic o-line.

The Browns line is only bad at one spot....but of course one weak wink can be a problem for the whole chain.

Overall it is better than the Bengals line....which likewise will have the Browns pass rush to deal with.

In fact the Browns thus far have sacked opponents 12 times. The Bengals have only 6 sacks....so who should be worried in that regard?

Leon is more than capable of covering that overrated bum even if he wasn't 100 percent. So is Newman. Jones will play more likely than not. You saying the Browns O line is better than the Bengals is nothing short of laughable. The D line was top 3 in the nfl and returned everyone. Slow start, dismissing them is a bad idea for ya.

Guest Clowns Blow

It seems to me that that last minute comeback to win the game Sunday in only the second start of his NFL career was decidedly Sipe-ish....Kardiac Kid-ish. That is why I brought it up. Wouldn't that be fair to say?

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in awhile. Especially against 0-2 teams with no film on him.

Again, it seems like you're taking shots at poor old innocent Kentucky when your real target is the fine citizens of Cincinnati.

Not that I mind very much, but that type of inaccuracy is shockingly Weeden-like.

No. My Dad is from Kentucky. I am not taking shots at Kentuckians at all....but yes, at Zinzinnatianz

Ok that's one.

I'll give that, stats wise the Browns are out performing the bengals.(stats do lie)

But I need another one?

No, no. I didn't say that was a reason. Cincy has too many weapons on offense now. I'm just saying, the Browns D is no joke. That being said, Cincy is still gonna beat that ass.

Ok that's one.

I'll give that, stats wise the Browns are out performing the bengals.(stats do lie)

But I need another one?

Yes. They are the Bengals. And the Bengals have always been bi-polar. They are always capable of doing a crash and burn when it seems like they should be flying high. OK, sure, there is no logic to this reason.....just history.

Guest Clowns Blow

So what's the excuse going to be after the browns get destroyed Clevelanders? It would be much easier to concede defeat now and accept what's going to happen instead of being dissapointed come Sunday at 4.

Guest Clowns Blow

Yes. They are the Bengals. And the Bengals have always been bi-polar. They are always capable of doing a crash and burn when it seems like they should be flying high. OK, sure, there is no logic to this reason.....just history.

This is a new era. The browns have a history of always sucking and I'm not holding that against them! I'm holding the present day suckage that they are currently partaking in against them.

27-6 Bengals win

Guest Clowns Blow

I knew it.

Clever. Funny how when someone calls out Browns fans on their ridiculous predictions they have to turn to accusations of homosexuality and inbreeding because their team fucking sucks.

. The pass rush is just as good as last years top 3 ranked one, the secondary is much better now that Iloka has established himself as a legit starting safety, and Harrison's intensity has rubbed off on a linebacking crew that has been fantastic this far.

riddle me, the pack rams the ball down your throat for 186 rushing yards yet you boast about Harrison's intensity and your fantastic defense. were we watching the same game?

This is a new era.

Is it? For your sake you better hope so. Nothing has been as reliable as the unreliability of the Bengals.

The browns have a history of always sucking

The Browns have 8 Championships. Only two teams in history (Packers/Bears) have more. So talk to us when you have attained even one.

and I'm not holding that against them! I'm holding the present day suckage that they are currently partaking in against them.

Since 1999? Yes, we Browns fans hold that against them as well. All that said, that does not mean the Browns can't win Sunday.

27-6 Bengals win

The Bengals should be the predicted winner, sure. Not by that much perhaps, but by some.

That's the only thing bothering me Gipp (can I call you Gipp?)

History and old ghosts will be the only thing favoring you guys this Sun.

Guest Clowns Blow

riddle me, the pack rams the ball down your throat for 186 rushing yards yet you boast about Harrison's intensity and your fantastic defense. were we watching the same game?

First off, who exactly do you think is going to take advantage of the bengals supposedly bad run defense? Willis McGahee? Laughable.

Second, that stat is inflated from two things. One was a run by franklin that accounted for about a third of that total. Second, the bengals focus on stopping the pass. They held the best quarterback in the nfl to his worst game in years, a QB rating of 64.5 and picked him off twice in a game for the first time in forever. You have Brian hoyer as your qb. What the hell could he possible do that Rodgers couldn't?

Guest Clowns Blow

This is a new era.

Is it? For your sake you better hope so. Nothing has been as reliable as the unreliability of the Bengals.

The browns have a history of always sucking

The Browns have 8 Championships. Only two teams in history (Packers/Bears) have more. So talk to us when you have attained even one.

and I'm not holding that against them! I'm holding the present day suckage that they are currently partaking in against them.

Since 1999? Yes, we Browns fans hold that against them as well. All that said, that does not mean the Browns can't win Sunday.

27-6 Bengals win

The Bengals should be the predicted winner, sure. Not by that much perhaps, but by some.

Fair points. And by history I was talking about since 99. Obviously going much farther back you can talk about championships in the 40's, but that's about as irrelevant to this upcoming game as it gets.

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in awhile. Especially against 0-2 teams with no film on him.

Well, that blind squirrel is batting .500 in nut finding given that he is 1-1 in his career starts. And FYI, his only other career start was last year for the Cardinals where he went 19-34 for 225 yards with 1 TD and 1 Ints. in a 27-13 loss to the San Francisco 49ers....yea, the team that went to the Super Bowl.

Guest Clowns Blow

Well, that blind squirrel is batting .500 in nut finding given that he is 1-1 in his career starts. And FYI, his only other career start was last year for the Cardinals where he went 19-34 for 225 yards with 1 TD and 1 Ints. in a 27-13 loss to the San Francisco 49ers....yea, the team that went to the Super Bowl.

So he barely beat an 0-2 team with a god awful defense and lost by double digits to a playoff team when he had way more offensive talent around him than he does now. Don't get your point exactly.

Fair points. And by history I was talking about since 99. Obviously going much farther back you can talk about championships in the 40's, but that's about as irrelevant to this upcoming game as it gets.

Well, you are the one that brought up history. And honestly, there is no history relevent to this game, is there?

I mean, the most recent history of the Browns and Bengals playing a game in Cleveland had the Browns winning last year.

If you think that history is relevent then you must concede that the Browns are likely to win again....but I doubt you want to do that.

Fair to say?

Unfortunately for you, the bengals are finally over the hump. Gio Bernard and Tyler Eifert have made the offense infinitely more dynamic and explosive. The Browns don't have the secondary to contain all of the options the Bengals have, especially since Haden struggles against Green. The pass rush is just as good as last years top 3 ranked one, the secondary is much better now that Iloka has established himself as a legit starting safety, and Harrison's intensity has rubbed off on a linebacking crew that has been fantastic this far. Last year the bengals would have crumpled after going down 16 to an elite team like GB. Obviously this years team is much different.

Bernard is a good player I saw a lot of him at UNC, he can play. Eifert is OK, he hasn't done crap so far this year. Cameron is better than any TE the Bengals have. We are undermanned in several areas for sure, but that doesn't mean this will be a cake walk either.

Guest Clowns Blow

Well, you are the one that brought up history. And honestly, there is no history relevent to this game, is there?

I mean, the most recent history of the Browns and Bengals playing a game in Cleveland had the Browns winning last year.

If you think that history is relevent then you must concede that the Browns are likely to win again....but I doubt you want to do that.

Fair to say?

Untrue. You were the one who first said the Bengals have "always been" bipolar. I stated that the browns have sucked ever since they came back. And you and me both know the very likely outcome of this game is a browns loss. Fair to say?

So he barely beat an 0-2 team with a god awful defense and lost by double digits to a playoff team when he had way more offensive talent around him than he does now. Don't get your point exactly.

The point is: he is capable of winning a game.

The Vikings were a playoff team last year too. So, in reality he is 1-1 against playoff teams.

And in you last statement you cut your own argument: If Hoyer had a lot more talent around him in AZ (an argument I don't necessarily buy), then more kudos to him for taking a team to a victory with little talent surrounding him.

And I am sorry, but the argument about playing a team with a bad defense doesn't wash much. You just barely beat the Packers whose defense is equally poorly rated as the Vikings is.

Guest Clowns Blow

Bernard is a good player I saw a lot of him at UNC, he can play. Eifert is OK, he hasn't done crap so far this year. Cameron is better than any TE the Bengals have. We are undermanned in several areas for sure, but that doesn't mean this will be a cake walk either.

Hahahahahaha just because he's had a couple good games and is the only person who can catch the ball on your team doesn't mean he's the next Jimmy Graham. Eifert hasn't put up huge stats because of all the weapons we have, but he's done very well when given opportunities. Had a 60+ yard catch against Pitt and was very good against the bears. Gresham is prone to the occasional fuck up, but is way more talented than Cameron in nearly every facet.

Hahahahahaha just because he's had a couple good games and is the only person who can catch the ball on your team doesn't mean he's the next Jimmy Graham. Eifert hasn't put up huge stats because of all the weapons we have, but he's done very well when given opportunities. Had a 60+ yard catch against Pitt and was very good against the bears. Gresham is prone to the occasional fuck up, but is way more talented than Cameron in nearly every facet.

So according to you the should not be played. The Giants were supposed to beat Carolina too...hmmmm. I like our chances this week with a new coaching staff and all.

Untrue. You were the one who first said the Bengals have "always been" bipolar. I stated that the browns have sucked ever since they came back. And you and me both know the very likely outcome of this game is a browns loss. Fair to say?

Chicken, egg.

The Bengals have been "bi-polar" throughout history. If they do have a winning season this year it will only be the second time in their history that they will have had 3 winning years in a row. The last being in 1975-1977.

And, yes, the Bengals I believe should be favored to win (haven't seen a line). Whether that is a "very" likely outcome, I don't know. Perhaps a somewhat likely outcome.

Guest Clowns Blow

The point is: he is capable of winning a game.

The Vikings were a playoff team last year too. So, in reality he is 1-1 against playoff teams.

And in you last statement you cut your own argument: If Hoyer had a lot more talent around him in AZ (an argument I don't necessarily buy), then more kudos to him for taking a team to a victory with little talent surrounding him.

And I am sorry, but the argument about playing a team with a bad defense doesn't wash much. You just barely beat the Packers whose defense is equally poorly rated as the Vikings is.

So he can win without talent around him but can't do it with it? Again, that point doesn't make sense.

And the packers defense having the bad statistical rankings is the product of playing 3 good (or usually good in the 49ers case) offensive teams. The Vikings just gave up more points to the browns than they had scored in their previous two games combined. Comparing our victory over the Packers to yours over the Vikings is laughable.

Archived