THE BROWNS BOARD

Official Browns QB Prospect Discussion!

Shep

Interesting. If you're circumcised, and you tuck it between your legs, is that considered a vagina? Lol if you are circumsised you no longer have foreskin. I wonder if Manziel is circumcised???

It's called a mangina, and it's what our old coach was famous for doing on the sidelines of every game.

• Replies 991
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These are the same guys who came into this season ranked as one of the top 5 lines in the NFL, remember? They gave even slow-draw Weeden fantastic protection in 2012.

But now they suck? Same guys? Why? Certainly longer routes develop slower but I think the protection has been mostly good for the two guys who get the ball out reasonably fast.

And even Campbell's main injury was on a run, right? When Ngata "fell" on him?

These are the same guys who came into this season ranked as one of the top 5 lines in the NFL, remember? They gave even slow-draw Weeden fantastic protection in 2012.

But now they suck? Same guys? Why? Certainly longer routes develop slower but I think the protection has been mostly good for the two guys who get the ball out reasonably fast.

My problem isn't with pass pro. Its the inability to run outside. And Chud loves the screens so a big athletic guard would pay off huge on those also.

OK qb scouts, Carr's game is today, 3:30 ABC.

Wow he looks terrible today, and this is the only time I've watched him play. He can't handle the pressure USC is bringing, and even when he's not being pressured he keeps overthrowing his receivers downfield. He's even missed a couple of those cheesy WR screens. I hope the Browns pass on him.

Carr definitely didn't look too good against real competition. It wasn't just him, his team was purely outmatched. No run game, and he threw 53 passes. Still has the physical tools, but did not look great against stout pressure. Still looks like a 1st rounder, just maybe not top 10 material...

Carr is who we thought he was. A guy who possesses many physical tools but lacks the mental agility to be a solid quarterback at this point in time. His offensive system was a detriment to his NFL growth. Once the system is taken away or they play "superior" talent (USC is hardly superior), he falls apart.

Carr definitely didn't look too good against real competition.

Not a shocker...

So who's our next savior?

TCPO... Walter's new mock has Bortles going at #4 to Oakland... then us taking Carr at #5.

Hoyer got hurt on a roll out on the sideline, hit by an ILB that I believe was in coverage, but I'm not going to look that up to see if it's true. Hardly the line's fault. You can blame the QB coach for not teaching him how to slide.

Weeden was never really hurt. It was all a ruse to protect whatever trade value he has.

Hoyer's injury was not a designed roll-out.... he was scrambling after being flushed from the pocket... While good coverage played a roll, the protection broke down and he had to run.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000255122/Hoyer-injured-in-first-quarter

Weeden was concussed... not sure how having that on his resume enhances his value.

Hoyer's injury was not a designed roll-out.... he was scrambling after being flushed from the pocket... While good coverage played a roll, the protection broke down and he had to run.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000255122/Hoyer-injured-in-first-quarter

Weeden was concussed... not sure how having that on his resume enhances his value.

Because they can claim he was benched because of injury, not because of his terrible play.

The protection broke down because nobody was open. He was in the pocket for at least 4 seconds before rolling out.

you know how I know you're gay?

Because I love being massaged by women before getting stoned and doing things we find tough to do at home with too many grown-ish kids and their mates running around?

I just checked the dictionary: Turns out it's the OPPOSITE of gay!!

Because I love being massaged by women before getting stoned and doing things we find tough to do at home with too many grown-ish kids and their mates running around?

Sounded reasonable to me too. There's no, ah, toe nail polish involved at this spa is there?

WSS

Not a shocker...

TCPO... Walter's new mock has Bortles going at #4 to Oakland... then us taking Carr at #5.

Please not Carr. At this point I'd like to see the Browns take a third rounder for QB and start Hoyer in 2014. The only QB I like in the 1st round is Bridgewater and they won't get him. If we still need a QB in 2015, the selection sounds like it will be much better than this year. I'd like to see them trade their first pick down a few slots, pick up Watkins, then best available ILB and OG with the next two picks, then a QB and RB with the two third round picks.

Please not Carr. At this point I'd like to see the Browns take a third rounder for QB and start Hoyer in 2014. The only QB I like in the 1st round is Bridgewater and they won't get him. If we still need a QB in 2015, the selection sounds like it will be much better than this year. I'd like to see them trade their first pick down a few slots, pick up Watkins, then best available ILB and OG with the next two picks, then a QB and RB with the two third round picks.

very very intelligent post my friend.

nah, still kinda gay. Bonus points for paying WOMEN to rub you instead of men though.

Because they can claim he was benched because of injury, not because of his terrible play.

The protection broke down because nobody was open. He was in the pocket for at least 4 seconds before rolling out.

You don't think the concussion claim would actually fool anyone, do you? So now we have to try to move a once concussed by a modest hit QB who cannot read a defense.

And actually Hoyer is flushed at between 2 and 3 seconds.

That was the rib injury... But why was he running?

IIRC the concussion was a pocket hit.

I'd buy that... but it could be Schwartz. As a guard he'd be considered athletic. As a tackle, I think he's only so-so.

Jesus... now OG's don't even have to be atheletes....

Agree except for that Bridgewater bit and Sammy won't last long enough to trade down.

Today's game showed that we need ILB help.

Not a shocker...

Bridgewater/Hundley/Bortles/Carr/Boyd/Mccarron I really dont care. Draft all of 'em. U throw enough sh** at the wall something's got to stick, right?

Archived