THE BROWNS BOARD

Official Browns QB Prospect Discussion!

Shep

"I'd pick neither and wait for Jameis."

That would be a hell of a crapshoot. They have the picks this year.

And there's no clear #1 QB. Just having the picks doesn't magically mean the quality is there. This is a year where there's 4 or 5 guys who could turn out to be good or turn out to suck.

I'll bet you have an orange & brown shirt that says, "Wait 'til next year"

No, but I do have about 12 jerseys of QB's not on this team anymore.

• Replies 991
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Starting to like Walterfootball again... his latest mock

1 - Brett Hundley - QB - UCLA

1b - Marquise Lee - WR - USC

2 - Ryan Shazier - LB - OSU

3a - Deone Bucannon - S - Wash St

3b - Carlos Hyde - RB - OSU

If Hundley declares, he'd be a good pick but he would have to sit for a year or so. He is not the type of polished QB who would jump right in. We'd be looking at Hoyer/Campbell next year as our starter with Hundley learning from the Belichick/Brady disciple - Hoyer, and 2 good QB coaches in Norv and Chud.

If Hundley declares, he'd be a good pick but he would have to sit for a year or so. He is not the type of polished QB who would jump right in. We'd be looking at Hoyer/Campbell next year as our starter with Hundley learning from the Belichick/Brady disciple - Hoyer, and 2 good QB coaches in Norv and Chud.

That looks amazing.

Replace Hyde with Dyer and I'm all in on this draft.

Who could argue with that draft.

That thing is thrown on a rope from about the 17 and ends up near the 20 yard line. That's about 63 yards in the air.

One of us clearly does not know the meaning of "thrown on a rope"... and it ain't me...

"I'd pick neither and wait for Jameis."

That would be a hell of a crapshoot. They have the picks this year.

And there is absolutely nothing that prevents us from rolling some of our 2014's out to and up in the 2015 draft.

As Shep has said... no way are we actually going to draft a player with each of the 2014's we currently hold.

Who could argue with that draft.

I'l be happy to if no one else wants it... ;)

For starters, I don't see Hyde lasting all the way to our 3b...

There are a lot of mirages in this QB desert. While I am starting to warm to Hundley, I'm just not there yet.

So far the only risk/ reward pick I see as worthy in this draft remains as it has been... McCarron in the third... perhaps late second.

Here's my bottom line on this whole topic...

Our FO is responsible for putting two, good NFLcalibere QBs on our season opening roster. By going 2 for 2 I'm willing to accept theirjudgmentt if and when they take a QB in the 2014 draft.

Ditto if they opt to trade away picks and/ or players for a current NFL QB.

One of us clearly does not know the meaning of "thrown on a rope"... and it ain't me...

And there is absolutely nothing that prevents us from rolling some of our 2014's out to and up in the 2015 draft.

As Shep has said... no way are we actually going to draft a player with each of the 2014's we currently hold.

I'l be happy to if no one else wants it... ;)

For starters, I don't see Hyde lasting all the way to our 3b...

There are a lot of mirages in this QB desert. While I am starting to warm to Hundley, I'm just not there yet.

So far the only risk/ reward pick I see as worthy in this draft remains as it has been... McCarron in the third... perhaps late second.

Here's my bottom line on this whole topic...

Our FO is responsible for putting two, good NFLcalibere QBs on our season opening roster. By going 2 for 2 I'm willing to accept theirjudgmentt if and when they take a QB in the 2014 draft.

Ditto if they opt to trade away picks and/ or players for a current NFL QB.

I wouldn't be opposed to McCarron but I don't believe he's on the FO's radar.

Based off what we know, Chud and Norv have, for the better part of the last decade, nearly always had guys who oozed athletic talent with Howitzer arms. They haven't always been the most mobile (I'm looking at you, DA), but the one common denominator has been above average arm strength.

I don't know why that would change now, especially with them together again.

I think we'd see a Mettenberger before a McCarron.

I think we'd see a Mettenberger before a McCarron.

With Mettenberger's draft slot dropping dramatically post injury, I have far less of a problem with us picking him. Never saw him as a #1 though.

Sure it's not thrown in a direct straight line with no arc, but that's about as flat and fast as you can possibly throw a ball 60+ yards.

Fair enough...

Last night on SNF Peter King said a team likely to pick in the top 5 was very high on Blake Bortles, could very well be the Browns.

Any word on this guy?

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=105489&draftyear=2015&genpos=QB

http://factoryofsadness.sportsblog.com/posts/217022/future_cleveland_browns_qb_scouting.html

What? Sounds like a combination of Bernie Kosar and Ben Roethlisberger according to this review.

That's kind of what he is. He makes ridiculous plays when he shouldn't.

Like this one:

He has a good frame, nice arm and average speed. But most of all, he's scrappy. He singlehandedly finishes plays, a quality that all AFC North QB's possess.

Except Weeden.

He could stand some coaching, however. I think it would be great for him to come on and wait for a year behind Hoyer.

Even better mock draft by Charlie Campbell on walterfootball.com ...

1a. Sammy Watkins - WR - Clemson

1b. Derek Carr - QB - Fres St

2. Ka'deem Carey - RB - Arizona

3a. A.J. Johnson - ILB - Tennessee

3b. Tre Boston - CB - UNC

These guys are mock drafting us right to the Super Bowl...

All positions of need. I like it

Carr won't last that long.

Carr won't even make it to our 1a. pick.

Yea, it is sounding like to get Carr, he would have to be the 1A pick, not 1B.

Unless, of course it is Mike Lombardi to whom Peter King referenced as being willing to take Bortles as a Top 5 pick.

Yeah, King loves Cousins. I watched him some yesterday... I'm not sure he'd beat out Hoyer. They're both in that "good but limited" category in my opinion, but maybe one or both prove me wrong.

To get the top WR, 2nd QB, and top RB in the draft would be off the charts. But like others have said, Carr isn't likely to make it out of the top 10.

Peter King is a fat blowhard asshole who loves Boston and hates everyone else. His Twitter remarks are filled with backhanded condescension and many of his opinions, while being in-depth and well thought out, turn out to be wrong.

I will agree that I believed Mo should have won Sportsman of the Year, however.

I just generally dislike the guy.

i like it too BUT as marko and TCPO said no way carr drops that far.

also i question whether watkins is the best WR. only thing missing on that list is 3 OL.

I think you're overemphasizing the O-line need just a little... Look at the Dolphins. 4-2 since losing the entire left side of their line... Why? Tannehill has been playing great football, and they have played well on D... It would be nice to add to our run blocking at the G position, but really the guys we have at OL are good enough for this team to win with improved QB play and getting off the field on D...

Seems to be we have a lot of talent on the line, especially with Pinkston for the full year and Chris Faulk healthy and ready to compete. Did anybody think the new guy didn't have holes to run through? And it seemed to me the pass blocking was very good.

I don't think the line is our biggest issue, although you can always get better. When you have an offense based around Jason Campbell and Edwin Baker (if that's his name), improving the line is like buying a toaster because your dishwasher broke.

Seems to be we have a lot of talent on the line, especially with Pinkston for the full year and Chris Faulk healthy and ready to compete. Did anybody think the new guy didn't have holes to run through? And it seemed to me the pass blocking was very good.

I don't think the line is our biggest issue, although you can always get better. When you have an offense based around Jason Campbell and Edwin Baker (if that's his name), improving the line is like buying a toaster because your dishwasher broke.

The Bears defense is riddled with injuries and they are the worst run defense in the NFL. If we would like a productive ground game next year, offensive guard has to be a priority. Chud does not want to throw the ball at this rate and only does because we suck at run blocking. A real FB would be nice too.

Peter King is a fat blowhard asshole who loves Boston and hates everyone else. His Twitter remarks are filled with backhanded condescension and many of his opinions, while being in-depth and well thought out, turn out to be wrong.

I will agree that I believed Mo should have won Sportsman of the Year, however.

I just generally dislike the guy.

But....he may also be a person in whom Mike Lombardi confides.....you know....a couple of fat blowhard assholes blowing each other's holes.

Whatever King is otherwise, in this regard, there is one thing he may be: right.

Archived