THE BROWNS BOARD

Official Browns QB Prospect Discussion!

Shep

• Replies 991
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you guys think we could take braxton with that indy pick or would we have to use our 1st? I really like Brax's potential as long as the coaching staff makes it clear to him he's not to take off running unless it's a crucial game winning situation. His mobility in the pocket plus that cannon is what I like. If he can develop into a competent pocket passer first, than let things develop infront of him by using his wheels to buy time...he could be awesome. I would love for him to play under Hoyer next year cause that's who he should emulate

OK., I had to look it up Miller is 6'2", 215, about the same size as RG III, to my surprise. I'm as big an OSU homer as anyone, and doubly because Miller is from the Dayton area. However, the kid is raw, raw, raw as an NFL prospect. He needs to stick around for his senior year- and if you haven't noticed- he's sort of fragile, been hurt a bunch of times already.

OK., I had to look it up Miller is 6'2", 215, about the same size as RG III, to my surprise. I'm as big an OSU homer as anyone, and doubly because Miller is from the Dayton area. However, the kid is raw, raw, raw as an NFL prospect. He needs to stick around for his senior year- and if you haven't noticed- he's sort of fragile, been hurt a bunch of times already.

he gets hurt not cause he's fragile but cause how he runs. He runs like a RB. If RG had run like he does he would have never made it to the draft. I don't want to draft Miller so he can take off and get himself fucked for the season ala Hoyer. What I like about him is his ability to create space for himself in the backfield, find the guy downfield and make a laser throw. He's not that much more raw than the other guys and I think a year or two under Hoyer and he's the guy. It would free up that early 1st round pick to go after either another elite level defensive talent like Clowney or if there's another JT in the draft I dunno. Look I love Manzell and Mariota, but I just see guys that are gonna be mediocre once it's time to take snaps under and NFL center. You can get away with pure athleticism in college but in the NFL you have to be smart. I just don't think any of the guys in college right now have that much more of an NFL upside to them than Miller does.

that's "dope"? Yeah if you like penises in your ass.

Jameis Winston

14/21 242 yards 2 TDs

In the first half.

Against the #3 ranked team in the nation.

And he's a freshman.

You guys keep watching Tajh, I'll watch the real QB playing tonight.

too bad he's a frosh and won't be available for 2 more years.

It was pretty funny considering that Johnny was a one and only and about as good as it gets.

The Man in Black stood up for a lot of people when it wasn't popular.

yep, he stood up (when they lifted him up) for all the other alcoholics and drug addicts and killers and rapists.

only good music he did play was remakes of other artists such as NIN.

guess i'd try to 'stand up' for something too when the devil comes knocking at your door with an invoice in his hand.

Too bad he'll probably be drafted before CLE's pick. Wouldn't be surprised if were to be picked #1, the way Bridgewater is starting to disappoint his supporters.

reminds me a lot of kaepernik. i don't agree with shep in selling or giving away the bank to get a guy, but if there were any way of making a 'back-room deal' to get mariota i'd do it. yeah my knees might hurt after words but sometimes ya gotta do what ya gotta do. HA!

I've never wanted manziel more than after reading this crazy-town statement.

how do you feel now about my 'crazy-town statement, bitch?

dude wouldn't last 2 games in the NFL.

with yesterday's and the past week's performances you have to say mariota right now would be the number one pick.

my dream right now (and of course they always change) would be for hoyer to come back healthy 100% and lead the team next year to 10 wins and do it again the next year and THEN draft the kid from florida state.

nasty.

what a moron you must be. how are we going to get the best QB (Winston) after winning 10 games?

what a moron you must be. how are we going to get the best QB (Winston) after winning 10 games?

i don't know mr. secret agent man.

maybe when you get out of north korea on your clandestine operation in 2 years, the browns could hire you to assassinate everyone that stands in our way.

do you have a shoe-phone. agent smart?

Well... a lot of name QBs struggled this weekend.

Meanwhile my game manager rolls on...

Alabama C/ATT YDS AVG TD INT

McCarron 15/21 180 8.6 3 0

So far today I have watched a little bit of Mettenberg, some Manziel and some Boyd. Currently I am watching Mariota. Obviously the big names that I didn't watch this week are Hundley and Bridgewater. Of everyone I have seen I am most impressed by Mariota.

Mettenberg has never impressed me. Yet to see Mariota.

you guys think we could take braxton with that indy pick or would we have to use our 1st?

If he comes out, I do not think it will take a first... As hoorta mentioned, concern is with his injuries, a couple of which have been concussions. While he may not be a run first NFL QB, he will run and does not seem to have the knack of protecting himself that you see in some running QBs, e.g., Wilson and Kaepernick.

I'd rather have Guiton

Guiton worked his way into somebody's camp with his stint this year. Not even sure it will take a draft pick to get him there, but if it does it is likely to only be a 7th.

Myers has already stated that he wants him to join his staff as a Graduate Assistant. Pretty good endorsement there that while true I am also sure was meant to generate a little more NFL interest in him

Boyd, Murray and Bridgewater hurt their draft hype today. Mettenberger really hurt his prospects, throwing 3 picks.

Yup... and can add to that list:

- Hundley to that list; and

- Manziel after he hurts his throwing shoulder.

Could hear big thuds all over the country.

I thought Manziel was a kid that had the self-protection instinct to stay healthy. Just shows that all it takes is one bad decision.

would you give up our 2 first rounders and our 2nd for Mariota or Bridgewater?

No...

my dream right now (and of course they always change) would be for hoyer to come back healthy 100% and lead the team next year to 10 wins and do it again the next year and THEN draft the kid from florida state.

Going to take quite a package to move up... especially from 10-6. Kid has the look of an overall #1 right now...

Heh

So how many quarterbacks will be drafted this next season? And how many will be complete busts how many will even play at a mediocre level? And how many will wind up being franchise quarterbacks? I wonder what the average is year after year.

As to the trade I don't actually see any of these guys being worth our first pick alone. Let alone combined picks..

WSS

Heh

So how many quarterbacks will be drafted this next season? And how many will be complete busts how many will even play at a mediocre level? And how many will wind up being franchise quarterbacks? I wonder what the average is year after year.

As to the trade I don't actually see any of these guys being worth our first pick alone. Let alone combined picks..

WSS

I agree. I hope that we use our two #1s to make the team better at positions other than QB and we take our hopeful franchise QB somewhere in rounds 2-4, and let him learn, compete and grow with Hoyer. I saw enough of Hoyer that makes me think he can be our QB and would roll with that gamble, rather than gamble with one of Mel Kiper's "can't miss" QBs that requires us to give away too much for a complete unknown.

I really hope we don't pick up a QB with any of our 1 rounders. We can get a decent one with another pick. Hoyer will be back and I really think we should get that kid from the CFL as a backup. with the draft pick be our third stringer.

What the hell happened to all those QBs this weekend?

I really hated watching Boyd, Murray, Mettenberger, Bridgewater, Hundley, and Manziel. Watching these guys live dropped them all a couple notches in my opinion. I know it's just one game, and I've seen good things from them in other games, but these guys struggled... and all lost to make it worse.

I still like what I've seen from another redshirt junior Bryce Petty from Baylor. He has the top QB Rating in all of college football and is eligible to come out if he wanted to. He looks pretty darn good, but probably will and should stay in college one more year.

Another good QB who continues to perform like an NFL prospect is Derek Carr. 33-48, 412 yds, and 4 TDs continuing to keep his team undefeated.

I'm all about Winston from FSU, but I don't want the Browns to stink for 2 more years just to get the #1 pick.

Liked McCarron and Mariota but I don't see anything spectacular from either of them. Mariota is still a run-first guy. GMs will drool over the guy but I have yet to see a player like him win a Super Bowl. He's an upgrade over Weeden, no doubt, but I wouldn't stake the franchise on him just yet... Let him go to Jacksonville.

Right now, I'm starting to be on board with hoping Hoyer is the guy for next year, and let him teach a late 1st or 2nd round guy (Carr or McCarron right now) for a season or two...

What the hell happened to all those QBs this weekend?

I really hated watching Boyd, Murray, Mettenberger, Bridgewater, Hundley, and Manziel. Watching these guys live dropped them all a couple notches in my opinion. I know it's just one game, and I've seen good things from them in other games, but these guys struggled... and all lost to make it worse.

I still like what I've seen from another redshirt junior Bryce Petty from Baylor. He has the top QB Rating in all of college football and is eligible to come out if he wanted to. He looks pretty darn good, but probably will and should stay in college one more year.

Another good QB who continues to perform like an NFL prospect is Derek Carr. 33-48, 412 yds, and 4 TDs continuing to keep his team undefeated.

I'm all about Winston from FSU, but I don't want the Browns to stink for 2 more years just to get the #1 pick.

Liked McCarron and Mariota but I don't see anything spectacular from either of them. Mariota is still a run-first guy. GMs will drool over the guy but I have yet to see a player like him win a Super Bowl. He's an upgrade over Weeden, no doubt, but I wouldn't stake the franchise on him just yet... Let him go to Jacksonville.

Right now, I'm starting to be on board with hoping Hoyer is the guy for next year, and let him teach a late 1st or 2nd round guy (Carr or McCarron right now) for a season or two...

sounds good to me.

The two guys at the top, Heisman candidates along with Famous Jameis, put some space between themselves and everybody else (talking about Bridgewater and Mariota and we WILL trade the farm to get one, or at least try like hell).

The guy who really laid an egg was Hundley, a guy I had some suspicions about (already talk about his intellect). I still like Boyd quite a bit as the third top 10 guy but he played a terrific defense and didn't beat it. FSU got to play a much lesser defense.

Bridgewater or Mariota. This team needs to go get one. They're both very special. Mariota might benefit from 6 or 7 starts by Hoyer. Bridgewater is a day one guy.

The two guys at the top, Heisman candidates along with Famous Jameis, put some space between themselves and everybody else (talking about Bridgewater and Mariota and we WILL trade the farm to get one, or at least try like hell).

The guy who really laid an egg was Hundley, a guy I had some suspicions about (already talk about his intellect). I still like Boyd quite a bit as the third top 10 guy but he played a terrific defense and didn't beat it. FSU got to play a much lesser defense.

Bridgewater or Mariota. This team needs to go get one. They're both very special. Mariota might benefit from 6 or 7 starts by Hoyer. Bridgewater is a day one guy.

Based on your previous success with QB scouting, it's safe to assume at least one of your top two will be our of the league in two years.

Archived