THE BROWNS BOARD

Why the Browns Will Win Sunday

Zombo

This morning I'm thinking, if Hoyer really is the smart guy ready for the chance he's dreamt of, the next four games are winnable with dominant defense plus Hoyer going - look at Gordon, look at Cameron, dump off/run/throw away.

It's a lot of "ifs", the biggest of which are not Hoyer and McGahee's mechanical knee, it's if the defense gives a shit about playing for Chud and the FO. It's a sad thought with 14 games left. Individually, they probably care enough to keep their NFL careers going. If that's all though, AP's getting 150 and 3 TDs today and AJ Green+TEs will destroy us next week. Everything can go from worse to pointless (and time to mow the lawn, go play golf, etc.) if the defense is on the field for 40 minutes of the game.

I'll be giving it today and vs. Cincy and then we'll know if this season has any point left to it. If the defense stops playing or simply can't do it for 3/4s of the game, the FO's got a much bigger crap sandwich than what 50/50 QB to draft next because (taking the FO at its alleged "logic") the FO goes from an offense-only rebuild to a full expansion team again. If they'd done the trade and made Hoyer the true No. 2 preseason, they wouldn't have the mistrust/locker room/WTF am I playing for? issues now which would make everything really fugly.

That said, it's Sunday, time for the Browns game. At least I've got beer.

This morning I'm thinking, if Hoyer really is the smart guy ready for the chance he's dreamt of, the next four games are winnable with dominant defense plus Hoyer going - look at Gordon, look at Cameron, dump off/run/throw away.

It's a lot of "ifs", the biggest of which are not Hoyer and McGahee's mechanical knee, it's if the defense gives a shit about playing for Chud and the FO. It's a sad thought with 14 games left. Individually, they probably care enough to keep their NFL careers going. If that's all though, AP's getting 150 and 3 TDs today and AJ Green+TEs will destroy us next week. Everything can go from worse to pointless (and time to mow the lawn, go play golf, etc.) if the defense is on the field for 40 minutes of the game.

I'll be giving it today and vs. Cincy and then we'll know if this season has any point left to it. If the defense stops playing or simply can't do it for 3/4s of the game, the FO's got a much bigger crap sandwich than what 50/50 QB to draft next because (taking the FO at its alleged "logic") the FO goes from an offense-only rebuild to a full expansion team again. If they'd done the trade and made Hoyer the true No. 2 preseason, they wouldn't have the mistrust/locker room/WTF am I playing for? issues now which would make everything really fugly.

That said, it's Sunday, time for the Browns game. At least I've got beer.

Start drinking earlier. Things will look better then..Liquor at 9 puts em in the playoffs....lol

Start drinking earlier. Things will look better then..Liquor at 9 puts em in the playoffs....lol

You can't drink all day if you don't start early

Archived