THE BROWNS BOARD

Why the Browns Will Win Sunday

Zombo

1. Our defense has shown that it can be dynamic and it is only going to get better. More snaps for Mingo coming. Rubin is practicing. The Vikings do one thing well: run, and we do one thing great: stop the run. Ponder is going to have nightmares, expect turnovers.

2. Brian Hoyer has literally waited his whole life for this moment. Yes, he a got a garbage start at the end of the year last year for the Cardinals, but the season was over and the team was moving on without him. We make too much out of the "grew up in Cleveland" thing, but just put yourself in his shoes ... A Cleveland High School product who finally gets his one true shot to win an NFL starting job ... and it's with the Browns. This team has one touchdown all year ... he engineers two td drives and gets the win ... then start the Brian Sipe comparisons.

3. Mcgahee is just what this team needs. Grizzled vet with attitude that plays with a chip on his shoulder and wants to prove everybody was wrong about him being done. I'm actually excited to watch him.

4. The blocking will better. I don't know if Luvey is playing, I know, like Rubin he was "limited" but practiced. But even if we go with Cousins again, there has to be some cohesion along this line after three games together. Plus, having a QB that thinks faster and a RB that doesn't dance has to help ... I expect a big stride forward by the O-line this week.

5. Because this is what the Browns do to us. Just when we think they are tanking ... they give us hope.

Zombo

I agree with line cohesion - lacking so far... but thats always been an issue starting off.

this oline is talented fellas, and to suggest we scrap the core group like it was talked about elsewhere is laughable.

Mangini was / is right and his draft pick influence from the past shows it. Team strength starts with the line play.

Last year was much the same, line gelled in the mid season to the point where Weeden had so much time, he was standing around

and in some instances, threw away the ball away like it was a punt.

I am thinking Chud knows Hoyer has the goods to make better reads. just my opinion....

Looks Like luvey out, Rubin in.

http://dawgpounddaily.com/2013/09/20/cleveland-browns-injury-report-minnesota-vikings/?fb_source=pubv1

Zombo

--I wonder if Cousins is the only guard in the league bad enough to move a betting line?

Bad to see Luavao is probably out.

Good to see McGahee getting in already.

I know he doesn't have the play book down yet, but hey, just tell him which hole/gap to hit in the huddle each play and see how he does.

Z,

You finely won me over... move over biatch... I'm hoppin' on the bandwagon.

I'm down for the heads up victory. And I did not even need to play the inspirational clip. (It was "Just when I thought I was out..." Right?)

This is a classic strength against strength, weakness agaisnt weakness match up. And our weakness just lessened.

It's called "addition by subtraction."

Just waitin' on the AFCN thread now to make it official...

I can't tell if it is our defense or the other teams being inept but they have looked pretty good so far.

If our offense can muster two TDs in any game we have a shot at winning any of them. With Josh Gordon back that is a real possibility this week.

I'm on the Tank for Teddy bandwagon, but we have a good shot against most teams for the reasons you said. Our run defense has been scary good.

It's really REALLY hard to see us pulling out a win this Sunday. I am not a believer in Hoyer. I AM sort of excited to see how he does, but not expecting much. Probably dink and dunk to Bess/Cameron/Ogby much of the game.

It will be fun to watch our D shut down AP most of the game. The only weakness on D is that we haven't gotten any big plays from the secondary. I'd love to see Gipson and/or Skrine step up and grab a big-time INT.

I'd like to see Hoyer move the chains and keep the D off the field. As long as we convert some first downs and win the TOP, TO, and field position battles we can win it. If he is decisive with his passes, gets the ball out, and escapes pressure when needed we'll be okay. We don't need 350 yards passing, just good possessions.

Are you kidding me

Lets see, we have a UNDRAFTED QB STARTING IN HIS FIRST REAL NFL GAME WITHOUT A STARTING RUNNINGBACK.

QB- Vikings

RB- Vikings

Oline-Vikings

WR- Vikings

TE- Browns ( Maybe)

Dline- Push

LBs- Push

CB-Vikings

S- Vikings

Special Teams- Vikings

Coaching - Vikings

FO- Vikings

So lets say every spot is worth 7 points and a push is 3 points final score

Vikings 69 Browns 13

Mangini was / is right and his draft pick influence from the past shows it. Team strength starts with the line play.

man your momma was right to send you to yale cuz you are one smart mofo.

nobody else here seems to get it. it's like throwing a sticky bomb on a tank.

2:38 in.

don't know what's up with the german dubbed music in the bkgd.........

coulda swore they lost the war.

Are you kidding me

Lets see, we have a UNDRAFTED QB STARTING IN HIS FIRST REAL NFL GAME WITHOUT A STARTING RUNNINGBACK.

QB- Vikings

RB- Vikings

Oline-Vikings

WR- Vikings

TE- Browns ( Maybe)

Dline- Push

LBs- Push

CB-Vikings

S- Vikings

Special Teams- Vikings

Coaching - Vikings

FO- Vikings

So lets say every spot is worth 7 points and a push is 3 points final score

Vikings 69 Browns 13

I'd put our DL and LB above most Teams.

+ WR1 Gordon

+ WR2 Bess

+ WR3 Little (demoted Stone Hands)

+ Rubin back

+/- Lauvao still questional

man your momma was right to send you to yale cuz you are one smart mofo.

nobody else here seems to get it. it's like throwing a sticky bomb on a tank.

2:38 in.

don't know what's up with the german dubbed music in the bkgd.........

coulda swore they lost the war.

Totally agree with you both on the OL/DL.

I'm just hoping that Cousins is the reason Schwartz is looking so bad this year, and it's not Watson being gone.

If it's the later, then we're screwed no matter who the QB/RB are.

I've spotted a flaw in your logic...

I predict we will definitely start a running back...

Feel pretty stupid now... don't you? :ph34r:

It's a done deal...

This AM I dug out my old #19 jersey. It's good for any game up to the Conference Championship...

Bit snugger than I remember tho... guess it shrunk in the closet... but so far the stitching is holding.

If needed at halftime, I'll put up the old "shrine" for good measure...

"It’s Only Weird if it Doesn’t Work!"

Yeah, the defensive front seven is stout, but we really aren't piling on the sacks and our secondary blows. Hoyer had receivers in AZ and couldn't get it done, why do we think he will excel here?

I doubt we get much going on offense today, more moving parts on a sieve-like OL. Gordon will help, but it will depend on how much time Hoyer spends on his back. The Vikes have a tough defensive line.

If we can limit AP, we won't stop him by any means, then perhaps we can keep this game close. If I am Minnesota I am airing it out and attacking our weakness followed by a heavy dose of AP.

People will flame me, but I seriously don't see us winning more than four games this season. :blush:

Archived