THE BROWNS BOARD

Who's Safe?

gftChris

Who can we 99% guarantee won't be traded by this FO? I would have put TR in that category until yesterday, but we've seen they're not afraid to get rid of the better players we currently have to gain picks. So, with that in mind, who's safe? Who would be wanted by any regime? I can only think of a few names that I would put money on being here come next september:

Thomas

Haden

Cameron

Plus this FOs guys:

Kruger

Bryant

Bess

Mingo

I'd put Mack in the group as well, but he's in the final year of his contract, I wouldn't be shocked to see him gone. Outside of that lot, people shouldn't be surprised!

Might as well trade out Thomas. What's the point of having a 35 year old left tackle at the end of his career when the team just starts to turn it around/starts to rebuild again. Gotta look to the future ya know?

Haden won't resign when he is done and move on to another team. Might as well trade him now also. Guy locks down every wideout he lines up against and the offense that couldn't put up a TD just traded their starting running back and said their 3rd string QB is starting. Doesn't give a guy like him much reason to stick around.

Kruger could blow spit bubbles on the sidelines for the next 2 years and collect a huge pay check. What's his motivation for doing anything? He already got paid.

We can "franchise" Haden if need be... but I doubt we will need to.

Thomas and Mack are keepers. Cameron is a keeper. Benjamin and maybe Gordon are keepers.

Most of the front 7 are keepers... including the back-ups. I do agree that Sheard may become expendable and traded to a 4-3 team. Should be some good value there.

Agree that Ward will be replaced, but not a priority in the near term. Injuries plus lack of cover productivity in an age where big hits are going to be frowned upon, minimize his potential.

Our defense is improving and will be at least a top 15 unit by years end. We get Dion Lewis back next year who appears to be a real NFL caliber RB and the TE position looks good.........Everything else needs to be replaced, QB, WR and OL depth. We are not that far off if we can hit on a QB and at least 1 WR.

I still don't get why everyone is so high on Lewis. He's never had a meaningful snap in any NFL game?

He scored two touchdowns for the eagles. But yes, I get your point. I think the reason is that even against the 1s, where every other back we had was struggling to some extent, lewis was still making big plays, showing good elusiveness and speed. Plus I seem to remember he scored a 2-yard receiving TD.

Archived