Trent Richardson Trade  

81 members have voted

1. 1. How do you as a Browns Fan feel about the Trich Trade

• Browns come out on Top!!!!
    • Colts come out on Top!!!!
    • Browns get Ripped Off!!!!!
    • Colts get Ripped Off!!!!
    • All Parties involved are Winners!!!!
    • I Dont Care!!! Im no longer a Browns Fan!!!!!!

You don't cut off your nose to spite your face. Yes, we needed a QB... now we need ANOTHER Franchise Runningback as well.

So you'd take a first and second for Joe Haden? What about Joe Thomas?> He's getting up there close to 30, trade him while he has value? Hmm. That's what I mean by I'm out faggot. I just don't give a fuck anymore. Win, lose... go fuck yourself.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Different Regime.

The current FO can only correct the mistakes of past Regimes, they can't nullify them.

Simple fact is we paid too much for TR (good as he is), I seriously doubt anyone else would have paid what we did for him.

Ya we over paid for him, but why is that used as an excuse to get rid of him? The team is literally saying, here is a player that is worth a mid to late-ish round pick... and we are just going to trade him before week 3. All this move says is that they have given up on the season with 14 games left to play, that they don't give two shits about the fans. Make the damn excuse that you building towards your team goal, but try selling me that shit in the offseason, not two weeks into the regular season. This lay down and die bullshit. Whats even worse is they won't admit it. "Hey season ticket holders, thank for giving us all that money, hopefully these wiener dog races really pan out!"

I don't know, it's sounding to me like there are four or five really good QB's in the upcoming Draft.

I seriously doubt the first five picks in the Draft are going to be #1 - QB, #2 - QB, #3 - QB, #4 - QB, #5 - QB.

I think there's going to be some wiggle room between the QB's . . . and for that matter, who even says #1 is going to be a QB ?

But are any of them any good?

Prove there was a team that was going to jump ahead of us to get Richardson? We got fleeced on that trade.

Heckert drafted a 29 year old QB who so far as looked pretty fucking shitty, how is that genius label look now?

Bullshit, that second pick was a knee jerk reaction because they lost out on who they were targeting and went into panic mode. They were going to go with Colt, that was the talk all offseason... do you not follow along?

Had the Browns gotten a "bucketful of picks", I'd be celebrating along with you. They did not. They got one mid- to late-first round pick.

And now you guys are excited because they might get a QB with it? They had a chance to do that two years ago, and they took Weeden. I realize these aren't the same FO guys, but my point is that just having first round picks does not guarantee quality picks.

What if TR's replacement comes in here and lights it up?

Last year, outside of a couple of runs, I honestly thought Hardesty had a better YPC than Trent (Stats prove it too).

For all we know, with a change in QB, RB, returning OL, we may put up an unexpected winning streak.

We aren't totally devoid of talent, there have been multiple key position injuries - our D (outside a CB) is looking mighty impressive already.

Dude, shut the front door. I'm completely ignoring you right now.

Ignore me all you want...you're the guy who's pissed we didn't overpay Josh Cribbs who is currently out of the league and the guy pissed that we didn't resign Colt McCoy who will NEVER sniff a starting NFL job again in this league, barring injury. And now the last part of your love triangle is in Indy and you're butt hurt because we are losing his 3 yards per carry average for a #3 overall draft pick. Meanwhile Doug Martin (3rd round) and Alfred Morris (undrafted) just to name 2 from his draft class are putting up shitloads of yards more than your boyfriend Trent.

Maybe Jim Brown was right...maybe the dude is just ordinary.

They Gambled on Weeden and lost. But they hit on Richardson. He's a fan favorite and a heck of a runningback and he can catch and he's hard to tackle and he plays hurt...

Mark my words. Blackout.

Bullshit, that second pick was a knee jerk reaction because they lost out on who they were targeting and went into panic mode. They were going to go with Colt, that was the talk all offseason... do you not follow along?

Yeah, I understand that, but is going into "Panic Mode" characteristic of a good leader?

A genius doesn't make a knee jerk reaction and draft a guy in the first fucking round in panic mode.

Ignore me all you want...you're the guy who's pissed we didn't overpay Josh Cribbs who is currently out of the league and the guy pissed that we didn't resign Colt McCoy who will NEVER sniff a starting NFL job again in this league, barring injury. And now the last part of your love triangle is in Indy and you're butt hurt because we are losing his 3 yards per carry average for a #3 overall draft pick. Meanwhile Doug Martin (3rd round) and Alfred Morris (undrafted) just to name 2 from his draft class are putting up shitloads of yards more than your boyfriend Trent.

Maybe Jim Brown was right...maybe the dude is just ordinary.

You telling me going with Fucking Brain Hoyer is better than going with Colt in a pinch... like this week for instance? Colt would do fine as a backup for us. He took a paycut as would Cribbs. This is a fucking Circus.

The Cowboys got a bunch of picks for Walker. We got one. But what I really don't get is why the hell when they have a full off season to blow it up, they wait until the 3rd week of the season. The true genius of Banner, lombardi is showing? But what do I know?

#1 - Injuries

#2 - Weakness actually show up (versus Vanilla Teams in Pre-Season).

Add these two up (there are likely other factors) and you get desperation factor values coming into to play.

They Gambled on Weeden and lost. But they hit on Richardson. He's a fan favorite and a heck of a runningback and he can catch and he's hard to tackle and he plays hurt...

Mark my words. Blackout

I don't think a "genius" should be gambling on a first round draft pick who is 29 years old. A #3 overall pick should make the pro bowl and be considered one of the best at his position in the league. Richardson is nowhere close to that level of production at this point in his career. But good luck to him in Indy...I hope they lose every game the rest of the year.

Yeah, I understand that, but is going into "Panic Mode" characteristic of a good leader?

I think that was more on Holmgren and Shurmur than Heckert. I believe Heckert had other things he wanted. Look who he took before. Haden, Taylor, Sheard, Richardson... then Weeden? It don't fit. Don't wear it. Don't buy what the explainationists are selling... go polish that turd some more, it's gonna need to be bright and shiny.

I don't think a "genius" should be gambling on a first round draft pick who is 29 years old. A #3 overall pick should make the pro bowl and be considered one of the best at his position in the league. Richardson is nowhere close to that level of production at this point in his career. But good luck to him in Indy...I hope they lose every game the rest of the year.

He is considered to be top 5 at his position.

This FO can't hold their load. Multiple teams would have given up much more to have a back like Richardson..

I'll always be the smoke in the room, alas Richardson, ye left us too soon.

I really saw potential in this Group. They wouldn't even allow one game with Richardson and Gordon on the field together, with Cameron in the middle and Bess working the perimeter. Huh, such is life in Brownstown. Truly sad day for Browns Fans. Hosed again.

I liked Trent too (even though I thought we paid too much for him), we just don't/didn't have the supporting cast for him to function well here.

Makes me think of the Lions with Barry Sanders (and that's all they had) - but he'd still on occasion just flat out light it up.

We didn't even have that.

You telling me going with Fucking Brain Hoyer is better than going with Colt in a pinch... like this week for instance? Colt would do fine as a backup for us. He took a paycut as would Cribbs. This is a fucking Circus.

Yes...Colt sucks..he had his chance. He's a career backup. He's done, finished, over, kaput. He will never be a regular starter (barring injury) in this league again. Cribbs has teams just beating down his door to play doesn't he? That's why he's sitting at home watching the games on Sunday. He's has as much value to an NFL team as I do right now.

And once again...don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out. I'm sure there are other teams that will be happy to make room for you on their bandwagon. I'll stay here and be a Browns fan.

Dog. No motherfucking loyalty. Cribbs put everything on the line for us. Don't fucking talk about Cribbs.

Cribbs put nothing on the line for us without the huge payday he got. He also did NOTHING after that big payday. You are talking about a guy who couldn't make the Raiders team!!!!

Gordon has the potential to be elite.

He makes catching look like childs play.

If he gets his head straight and puts in the effort he will be a phenomenal WR.

Bess is also very good, but he doesn't have the size/speed to be an elite WR.

The pieces are starting to come together, it just takes time.

Lol, so Gordon, who ranked 38th among receivers last year, has the potential to be an elite WR. Richardson, who ranked 9th among RBs last year, was average at best and we're better off to be rid of him. Is that right? I'm not saying that Gordon is bad or that he won't eventually be good, but it seems like we're taking radically different approaches to how we're viewing Gordon and Richardson. How is it that Richardson is a bust and Gordon has elite potential?

And I agree that it does take time for the pieces to come together. That's why I think it was a little premature to dump Richardson for one pick.

I think that was more on Holmgren and Shurmur than Heckert. I believe Heckert had other things he wanted. Look who he took before. Haden, Taylor, Sheard, Richardson... then Weeden? It don't fit. Don't wear it. Don't buy what the explainationists are selling... go polish that turd some more, it's gonna need to be bright and shiny.

Of course...You have proof of this right? Or is this just something else you're pulling out of your ass? Just like you have proof there was another team who was willing to trade up above us or are you talking out of your ass again?

Different Regime.

The current FO can only correct the mistakes of past Regimes, they can't nullify them.

Simple fact is we paid too much for TR (good as he is), I seriously doubt anyone else would have paid what we did for him.

Actually, if you listen to anything in national sports media, you'll hear that everyone is saying that what the Browns got for Richardson was not enough. Even if you believe he shouldn't have been picked at #3, the majority of experts seem to believe the Browns didn't get enough for him today.

There were team going to jump us to get Richardson, that's why we jumped to get him...

Heckert was a Genius. Lombari is retarted.

LOL.

The Vikes played Heckert big time on that one.

Hate to say it, but we got screwed there (as well as being saddled with several other previous Regime decisions).

A few weeks ago a lot of us had hopes for a possible wild card season, maybe even the division; now in only week 2 we have essentially thrown in the towel, that's what really sucks.

I haven't.

Let's see what happens Sunday.

New players (QB/WR), new orders (WR/RB/OL), returning players (OL) - let's just see, maybe that's one reason we needed extra Draft ammo.

A few weeks ago a lot of us had hopes for a possible wild card season, maybe even the division; now in only week 2 we have essentially thrown in the towel, that's what really sucks.

Don't comment on here often- but had to say 'man is that the fuckin truth'. I bought $250 worth of tickets to take my dad to his first browns game ever (he's 60). Now we will be driving 7 hours to watch a season that has been thrown away. Fuck you Browns Organization, seriously fuck you. If this doesn't pan out next year or the following I refuse to keep bringing my son up as a Browns fan. Too much emotional bullshit investment for a complete bullshit return.

-pissed in PA

You don't trade your blue chippers.

Joe Thomas

Joe Haden

Trent Richardson

Phil Taylor

Rubin

Sheard

Jackson

Ward

Mack

Gordon

Cameron?

Kruger

But trading Richardson for what we got for him in the thick of our offensive woes... priceless and every bit the reason why we are the way we are.

What if TR's replacement comes in here and lights it up?

Last year, outside of a couple of runs, I honestly thought Hardesty had a better YPC than Trent (Stats prove it too).

For all we know, with a change in QB, RB, returning OL, we may put up an unexpected winning streak.

We aren't totally devoid of talent, there have been multiple key position injuries - our D (outside a CB) is looking mighty impressive already.

If TR's replacement comes in and lights it up, I would love that. That would be great. That doesn't change the fact that this was a bad trade, though. They could have gotten more for Richardson. That's the whole point. We don't have access to what they potentially could have gotten, obviously, but the experts seem to believe this trade was ridiculously lopsided and Bob Irsay himself was celebrating about how little they gave to get Richardson. They could have gotten more. It was a bad trade.

You don't trade your blue chippers.

Joe Thomas

Joe Haden

Trent Richardson

Phil Taylor

Rubin

Sheard

Jackson

Ward

Mack

Gordon

Cameron?

Kruger

But trading Richardson for what we got for him in the thick of our offensive woes... priceless and every bit the reason why we are the way we are.

3 yards per carry is not a blue chip running back. Those are free agent off the street numbers getting paid like the number 3 overall pick in the draft.

You have an amazing ability to make likeable players completely unlikable. It's quite a talent.

Archived