Trent Richardson Trade  

81 members have voted

1. 1. How do you as a Browns Fan feel about the Trich Trade

• Browns come out on Top!!!!
    • Colts come out on Top!!!!
    • Browns get Ripped Off!!!!!
    • Colts get Ripped Off!!!!
    • All Parties involved are Winners!!!!
    • I Dont Care!!! Im no longer a Browns Fan!!!!!!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People way back when thought the Cowboys were stupid for trading a guy named Hershel Walker.... now they got a bucket full of picks for him...but how did that work out in the long run?

I was around for that and no one that I remember thought that. Everyone that I recall thought it was crazy what they got for a RB who was already starting to age. Besides, this is all irrelevant since it is not even close to comparable. The Cowboys made out huge because they got a ton of great picks and used them well. The Browns got ONE mid- to late-first round pick for Richardson. Now, MAYBE that player will be the greatest player ever to play football. But, with the Browns picking, there's about the same chance that the same thing could happen with a late round pick or an undrafted FA. I'd have rather seen the Browns get multiple picks later than to see them get one first rounder that they may waste.

I was around for that and no one that I remember thought that. Everyone that I recall thought it was crazy what they got for a RB who was already starting to age. Besides, this is all irrelevant since it is not even close to comparable. The Cowboys made out huge because they got a ton of great picks and used them well. The Browns got ONE mid- to late-first round pick for Richardson. Now, MAYBE that player will be the greatest player ever to play football. But, with the Browns picking, there's about the same chance that the same thing could happen with a late round pick or an undrafted FA. I'd have rather seen the Browns get multiple picks later than to see them get one first rounder that they may waste.

Every draft pick may be a waste...based on production vs. draft position, Trent Richardson was a waste. We got something back for someone who wasn't doing a whole hell of a lot, especially this season to win games. 8 points per game wth him so far. How much worse can it really get?

You do realize the guys who picked Weeden and Richardson are fired right?

I do. I also realize that another draft and Free Agent period have passed and we still don't have a WR. Did the new guys do something in this year's draft that I should find amazing? Mingo looks decent but, as others have said in this forum about Richardson, I doubt he's going to take us to the playoffs anytime soon.

I wasn't crazy about the Mingo pick, but from what I've seen so far I thing he is going to be worth it.

A RB in the top 5 or 10 better damn well be a Jim Brown/Barry Sanders/etc. caliber RB - Trent is good, but he's not shown those qualities to me (as of this point, and I do like him).

Chip Kelly was just maneuvering to get the job he wanted, he never had any interest in the Browns.

FA - we picked up what looks to be two pretty good FA's to me - don't want to go overboard in this area IMO.

Bess was a good pick up as well (not really FA).

We've had a $*** load of injuries, we're playing freaking Cousins (a lousy OT) as our OG, I'm looking at this improving this year with the return of injured players.

The consensus is that the 2013 (this year's) Draft was exceptional weak.

We're loaded for Bear (10 picks currently) for next years Draft which is supposed to be a very rich Draft.

This Regime may end up sucking, but so far I'm seeing them willing to shake things up and make an effort at improving this Team.

Unfortunately this is going to take a little time, but their actions seems to suggest that they are speeding up that process.

When some of our previous Starters and Backups can't even make the Back positions on other Team, that's telling me something is seriously wrong here.

I commend the fact that at least this FO "Kicked the Tires" so to speak of the players we currently have, and are in the process of keeping the good and cutting the bad (we didn't know we had).

Yep! We are seeing sweeping change & given past Browns' history & lack of results, I welcome it.

Mike

I am physically ill thinking about this trade. Not because I believed Trent to be a world beater All-Star caliber talent, but because we ended up losing out overall on value.

We traded up to get him at 3, and we're likely to revive a pick between 16-25 for him in return. I love having two first round picks, but we could have easily gotten a later round pick as well for Richardson.

We're gearing up for a big roster overhaul, I believe.

Seriously, could someone who is excited about getting the first round pick please explain to my why they think that first round pick will work out? You're assuming we'll get someone better than Richardson. I'm afraid we'll get someone worse than a 30-year old QB who still can't play.

A top 5 - 10 RB should be like Jim Brown or Barry Sanders, or of that elite quality in this day and age, they're just rare an good RB's are (somewhat) common.

Trent is solid, but with his injury history, injury likeness, and what he can do with our Team, it just wasn't a good fit - nothing against Trent.

Depending on how we finish out the Season, we may or may not need extra Draft picks to move up to get the QB we want.

If we don't need to move up, then we can pick up another high Draft value player (this would be a double win) in the 1st round.

Honestly, I'm not extremely worried about getting a good RB (elite's another story, but they're rare), I think that is quite feasible.

They are tanking intentionally to try for Manziel? With our luck it will be a race between us and the stillers for the number 1 draft pick. You know who wins the last game and picks number 2. And I'm certain that trading the number 3 pick for about a 20 will result a player that is like a mad dog in a meat market...lol...Go Browns!

"Infanticide is a common practice in most mammals. Male lions use infanticide to get rid of offspring in a newly acquired pride that are not genetically related to the male coalition. Solitary males are also capable of killing the offspring of an encountered pride. Female lions have also been observed to kill cubs from a rival pride, but they would never kill cubs from their own pride. The dead offspring are sometimes consumed as an energy source and other times they are simply just eradicated for the sake of it. Older cubs and sub-adults have a better chance of being able to escape incoming infanticidal males than younger cubs."

Only problem is Lombanner is more like ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVaTJl0zY40

Free Beer Tomorrow Browns Fans, keep coming back... waiting for next year.

imageresize__24685-1305841893-1280-1280.

Also hats off to site owner/s & admins for handling all this traffic.

End result = multiple Superbowls.

Had the Browns gotten a "bucketful of picks", I'd be celebrating along with you. They did not. They got one mid- to late-first round pick.

And now you guys are excited because they might get a QB with it? They had a chance to do that two years ago, and they took Weeden. I realize these aren't the same FO guys, but my point is that just having first round picks does not guarantee quality picks.

I do. I also realize that another draft and Free Agent period have passed and we still don't have a WR. Did the new guys do something in this year's draft that I should find amazing? Mingo looks decent but, as others have said in this forum about Richardson, I doubt he's going to take us to the playoffs anytime soon.

Gordon has the potential to be elite.

He makes catching look like childs play.

If he gets his head straight and puts in the effort he will be a phenomenal WR.

Bess is also very good, but he doesn't have the size/speed to be an elite WR.

The pieces are starting to come together, it just takes time.

I'll always be the smoke in the room, alas Richardson, ye left us too soon.

I really saw potential in this Group. They wouldn't even allow one game with Richardson and Gordon on the field together, with Cameron in the middle and Bess working the perimeter. Huh, such is life in Brownstown. Truly sad day for Browns Fans. Hosed again.

I'll always be the smoke in the room, alas Richardson, ye left us too soon.

I really saw potential in this Group. They wouldn't even allow one game with Richardson and Gordon on the field together, with Cameron in the middle and Bess working the perimeter. Huh, such is life in Brownstown. Truly sad day for Browns Fans. Hosed again.

You literally just said you miss Randy Lerner. All credibility = lost. Randy Lerner is a soccer loving douche.

You put out your best players on the field each week. You try to win each game. How is our best offensive player running for Indy helping us win on Sunday? It's not. This is called being fleeced, point blank, nothing you can do about it, period. It's also pretty fucked up.

haha, I miss lerner too. this is collection of baffons and crooks, cutthroats and backstabbers.

I was looking forward to watching Richardson for many years and Haslam better rescind this trade or he can count me and mine OUT>

I'm just going to copy and paste this every time you post anything here.

You literally just said you miss Randy Lerner. All credibility = lost. Randy Lerner is a soccer loving douche.

Yeah, but he has an excuse. He was doing it for his Dad he didn't want the team.

Haslam on the other hand, has some explaining to do.

I am physically ill thinking about this trade. Not because I believed Trent to be a world beater All-Star caliber talent, but because we ended up losing out overall on value.

We traded up to get him at 3, and we're likely to revive a pick between 16-25 for him in return. I love having two first round picks, but we could have easily gotten a later round pick as well for Richardson.

We're gearing up for a big roster overhaul, I believe.

Different Regime.

The current FO can only correct the mistakes of past Regimes, they can't nullify them.

Simple fact is we paid too much for TR (good as he is), I seriously doubt anyone else would have paid what we did for him.

So what about "what we paid" it's paid off. Drive the fucking sports car to the fucking playoffs, jesus help me.

Yeah, but he has an excuse. He was doing it for his Dad he didn't want the team.

Haslam on the other hand, has some explaining to do.

You're "out" anyways...what do you care??

Go root for Colt on the niners and Trent on the Colts and get the hell out. Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out the door. The rest of us will still be here rooting for the Browns who are actually on the team and not a bunch of guys who play in other cities.

Different Regime.

The current FO can only correct the mistakes of past Regimes, they can't nullify them.

Simple fact is we paid too much for TR (good as he is), I seriously doubt anyone else would have paid what we did for him.

There were team going to jump us to get Richardson, that's why we jumped to get him...

Heckert was a Genius. Lombari is retarted.

You're "out" anyways...what do you care??

Go root for Colt on the niners and Trent on the Colts and get the hell out. Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out the door. The rest of us will still be here rooting for the Browns who are actually on the team and not a bunch of guys who play in other cities.

Dude, shut the front door. I'm completely ignoring you right now.

They are tanking intentionally to try for Manziel? With our luck it will be a race between us and the stillers for the number 1 draft pick. You know who wins the last game and picks number 2. And I'm certain that trading the number 3 pick for about a 20 will result a player that is like a mad dog in a meat market...lol...Go Browns!

I don't know, it's sounding to me like there are four or five really good QB's in the upcoming Draft.

I seriously doubt the first five picks in the Draft are going to be #1 - QB, #2 - QB, #3 - QB, #4 - QB, #5 - QB.

I think there's going to be some wiggle room between the QB's . . . and for that matter, who even says #1 is going to be a QB ?

There were team going to jump us to get Richardson, that's why we jumped to get him...

Heckert was a Genius. Lombari is retarted.

Prove there was a team that was going to jump ahead of us to get Richardson? We got fleeced on that trade.

Heckert drafted a 29 year old QB who so far as looked pretty fucking shitty, how is that genius label look now?

Archived