Trent Richardson Trade  

81 members have voted

1. 1. How do you as a Browns Fan feel about the Trich Trade

• Browns come out on Top!!!!
    • Colts come out on Top!!!!
    • Browns get Ripped Off!!!!!
    • Colts get Ripped Off!!!!
    • All Parties involved are Winners!!!!
    • I Dont Care!!! Im no longer a Browns Fan!!!!!!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

dude, take a Xanax and chill before you stroke out

i already took mine and a valium. a nice cocktail along with a cocktail.

gonna get numb brothers.

i want to see these mother fuckers beg for the fan support and the 'come out to the game' crap. i knew banner was a rat. and chudzinski looks like a coon hound with a beer gut. all he needs is a straw had and a piece of straw in is mouth. huckleberry. lombardi is just another gooned up wop. haslam doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground.

can't we get some local blood in the FO or find some majority of biz owners buy haslam out (like the red sox owners did) cuz obviously none of these guys know what it means to be a browns fan and what we've been through to just come out and say "see ya next year!'.

and the circus never leaves cleveland. i can hear the merry go round from here in ny.

... I hate this.. this sucks.

I was HUGE for drafting Trich, but his stock, I thought, was dropping due to the absence of any breakaway runs, his "stutter stepping" instead of HITTING the line, & that quick initial burst & cutting ability didn't seem to be there. This trade situation came about & I'm surprised that they got a 1st round pick for him.
Time will tell how all this works out, but they ARE being aggressive & we certainly are NOT seeing the old management style that resulted in our storied Franchise doing so poorly for all these years. I am actually excited to see things happen & major decisions being made.

Mike

gonna get numb brothers.

i want to see these mother fuckers beg for the fan support and the 'come out to the game' crap. i knew banner was a rat. and chudzinski looks like a coon hound with a beer gut. all he needs is a straw had and a piece of straw in is mouth. huckleberry. lombardi is just another gooned up wop. haslam doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground.

can't we get some local blood in the FO or find some majority of biz owners buy haslam out (like the red sox owners did) cuz obviously none of these guys know what it means to be a browns fan and what we've been through to just come out and say "see ya next year!'.

and the circus never leaves cleveland. i can hear the merry go round from here in ny.

How about we see how Sunday goes?

There might be something here still, and then again there might not.

I'm definitely going to be checking this next game out to see what clues I can garner.

Saying Trent wasn't getting anything done, are you crazy. 7 yard runs and few times with no holes. Power running right up the gut. Coming out for third downs and forgetting about him in the second half.

I was HUGE for drafting Trich, but his stock, I thought, was dropping due to the absence of any breakaway runs, his "stutter stepping" instead of HITTING the line, & that quick initial burst & cutting ability didn't seem to be there. This trade situation came about & I'm surprised that they got a 1st round pick for him.

Time will tell how all this works out, but they ARE being aggressive & we certainly are NOT seeing the old management style that resulted in our storied Franchise doing so poorly for all these years. I am actually excited to see things happen & major decisions being made.

Mike

Once again, Mike sees through the board bullcrap. Silver lining here folks, Trent is injury prone and we got a first round pick.

You guys settle down. This is great exciting stuff. Om actually excited now where I wanted to throw up watching Weeden and Richardson play last week.

Yeah, I think you, Slowburn, and at least a couple others are seeing a bigger picture here.

TR may well turn out to be the best RB ever seen, but he's not going to do it on this current Team.

With the extra #1 we now have more ammo to upgrade and get competitive quicker.

Saying Trent wasn't getting anything done, are you crazy. 7 yard runs and few times with no holes. Power running right up the gut. Coming out for third downs and forgetting about him in the second half.

before getting too upset we should see how he fares with the colts. either way Lombardi is still a tool.

1:47

That's our Fucking Brown Bitches. FUCK THIS LOMBARDI!!! FUCK THIS!!! AHHHRRGH

Once again, Mike sees through the board bullcrap. Silver lining here folks, Trent is injury prone and we got a first round pick.

So much bitching about a Mediocre back. Trent is a 3rd round back at best, no way he was worth #3 or even a #15. We just got a 1st round pick. Jo Schmo off the street could have Richardson's YPC.

He sucked here and we got a 1st round. I don't know about you, but i just got some respect for Lombardi. I used to think he was a tool but he was right about the draft richardson/weeden vs tannehill/martin. And I think he made a great business move.

To the future (once again!).

But damn it get tired of next year, next year, next year, especially 2 games into the season.

The more I think about it the more I like the move. He's doing nothing here and we got a first rounder. That's a great trade for us.

We won how many games with him? 5? how many have we won this year with him and his 3 yards per carry average? I think he's going to be great but at the same time how much worse off are we right now than we were this morning?

You guys are amazing! You could put Adrian Peterson and Aaron Rogers on this team and not much would change. Until the Browns realize the the issue is not QB or RB, but rather OL and WRs, nothing will change. This is unreal. I hope TRich lights it up for Indy just to prove my point.

I hope he does well but I don't think he will materialize into a great back. Dion lewis looked better to me this far before his injury.

They shouldn't be allowed to do this.

gonna get numb brothers.

it was obvious the wheels were coming off after the week 1 and 2 goat fucks. even the great wunderkind Turner couldn't gain any traction with his horrendous offense. i'd much rather see B and L roll the dice now instead of forcing the fans to endure 14 more weeks of hell. this trade could go down as one of the worst in recent history or they may come out smelling like roses. either way, my hat's off to them for at least trying to get the train back on the tracks. this team desperately needed a shake up.

Have you been to one this year, and if so, did you plan on going to any others.???

I live in Chattanooga, Tennessee. Right close to the Georgia line.....587 miles from home to my my hotel in Berea. I do 6 games a year.

I am not protesting SHIT! We decided to cut bait and go a different way. I am good with that.

So Mr. Poet.....don't go to games you weren't going to attend anyway, complain all you like. I will still be in in the stands 6 games a year, and yes, that makes me a better fan.

Indeed!

I don't go to as many games as you, but I completely agree with you. I think it comes with being older, although you are MUCH older than I am :-) .

I'm not all that upset about the trade either. We will see.

It looks to me like Banner and Lombardi are saying quite clearly that they didn't think that Holmgren and Heckert knew what the hell they were doing so we're dumping and starting over. Alfred Morris (undrafted) and Doug Martin (3rd round) both had much better seasons than Richardson last year so maybe the thinking was that you can find a running back anywhere so why not pick up an extra first round pick for next season in case we need it to find a QB?

Holy shit, I have got to be the happiest Browns fan alive. I hated the pic the second it was announced and hated watching him run every Sunday since. We got back some, but not all of our investment............Happy Daze indeed.

Somebody please explain to me what this pack of incompetent fuck tards has done so far that leaves you all so confident

that they'll actually draft the the right guy??? NEXT FUCKING SPRING!

Let's start with owner is a crook!!!

The stellar job they did in the coaching search?you remember the one where Chip Kelly made 'em look like bumbling idiots

Was it the swell job they did on the last draft?where we got uh?? wait... uh ??? oh yeah a 200 lb DE.

The game changing free agent class??? where they filled the 1 or 2 positions of need ??like CB?? Kicker??

Or maybe it was training camp??Look how well that turned out...traded a guy we were gonna cut for a starting RG...oh...wait ...no that didn't happen...brought in a house full of RBs...none of which actually made the team...Then cut all the fucking kickers!!!

Yea...I can't see how this could possibly turn out bad for the Browns :blink:

Look I really don't give a shit about TR(way over rated) but this draft is going to come down to probably 2 hot name QB's and Clowney...And no matter how you spin it we'll be right back to being 2 to 3 yrs at best away from being relevant in the NFL.

This was a big move for better or worse. On a positive note we could get our franchise quarterback finally or we could completely botch it and be consistently terrible for the next ten years. I in no way promote losing, but the best case scenario is we are the worst team in the NFL with two first round picks, one second, two third, and two fourth. I think if we have to trade up that leaves a lot less room for error with the scouting department and management to select the correct players, which of course has always been a problem.

Hi, I've been a Browns fan for decades, but I am new to these boards. I joined specifically to discuss this issue, but I'll be around from now on.

I see a lot of people saying they are glad about the trade or Richardson needed to go or something similar. I agree that Richardson wasn't going to hoist the team onto his back and carry it deep into the playoffs. My question for those people, however, is how they believe the Browns benefitted from this trade. Do you believe the Browns are somehow ahead because they got what's bound to be a mid- to late-first round pick? What on earth would make anyone believe that was a benefit to the Browns? Last year the Browns had two first round picks and they took Richardson and Weeden. How can you possibly have faith that a mid- to late-first round draft pick is going to be better than TRich? As far as I can tell, that's completely baseless. Basically, they've traded a solid running back (regardless of your personal opinion, the Colts and the rest of the sports world seem to think he's worth WAY more than the Colts first-round pick) for a chance to make another in what has historically been a long list of drafting mistakes.

You guys settle down. This is great exciting stuff. Om actually excited now where I wanted to throw up watching Weeden and Richardson play last week.

Jesus...I'm agreeing with you a little too much for my liking today. :-)

I'm actually laughing my ass off reading some of these ridiculous responses and yes I'm looking right at you poeticg.... The Browns "did Cribbs wrong"?? How do you figure...where's he playing these days?? He couldn't make the sad sack Raiders roster. I'm thinking the Browns made exactly the right choice in that regard didn't they?

exactly.

Trent had talent.

Archived