Trent Richardson Trade  

81 members have voted

1. 1. How do you as a Browns Fan feel about the Trich Trade

• Browns come out on Top!!!!
    • Colts come out on Top!!!!
    • Browns get Ripped Off!!!!!
    • Colts get Ripped Off!!!!
    • All Parties involved are Winners!!!!
    • I Dont Care!!! Im no longer a Browns Fan!!!!!!

The Colts bought their shiny new Ferrari for less than the owner paid, but still for a hefty price. Now there are noises and smells coming from under the hood and that huge oil spot in the driveway has them wondering why the owner was so quick to sell it................... If it's too good to be true, it probably is.

Yup! They had the car fax on this busted up ferrari and still paid blue book value for him! I don't get the media's fascination with him either. They act like he's elite because he was drafted #3. They make fantasy football commercials about him like he's the next AP. My buddy picked him without asking me first. Told him it was a big mistake.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last nights game was a perfect example of TR's shortcomings. Watch Danny Woodhead (Woodhead, heh heh)

hitting holes for the Chargers. No hesitation, no dancing , just hard, downhill running inside. TR is waiting for

those "Mack truck" holes to open and stay open -- the difference between college and the NFL. In the NFL holes

open for just a moment. If the runner doesn't hit the hole hard and fast then it's too late--he avgs 3 ypc.

I remember what Tim Couch said way back- difference from college to the NFL, I'd see a hole open up for our RB that I thought it was going to go for a TD, and then bam! it closed so fast 3 yard gain.

A good OL isn't all about high draft picks, though. It's a unit in the truest sense of the word, more than anywhere else on the field. Five guys playing together. Coaching, continuity, and getting the right guys for the right system are key. Some of the best teams in the NFL field lines full of no-names and UDFAs. Last year when Tampa was running all over the place AND passing pretty well? Two UDFA starters and no high draft picks.

The best thing that can happen to a line besides the above is a quarterback who gets the ball out. Everybody who plays in front of Peyton, Brees, Brady, and Rodgers looks like a great pass blocker. We just saw it again with Brian Hoyer. Remember how all the lines in front of Charlie Frye were dreadful... then magically good when Anderson stepped in? Same guys. Same line.

And the Browns were running the ball quite well in the first half Sunday. Willis, Obie, and Gray had 16 carries for 71 yards. Nice holes, nice gains. Why? McGahee is getting in better condition and Obie got some carries. Our commitment to the line as been well above average with three first rounders or damn near first rounders, plus a pair of 3s in Greco and Lauvao. I'd bet the average draft slot is top 5-7.

If Hoyer's in there and Lauvao's playing, we're back to talking about how good our line is.

A good OL isn't all about high draft picks, though. It's a unit in the truest sense of the word, more than anywhere else on the field. Five guys playing together. Coaching, continuity, and getting the right guys for the right system are key. Some of the best teams in the NFL field lines full of no-names and UDFAs. Last year when Tampa was running all over the place AND passing pretty well? Two UDFA starters and no high draft picks.

The best thing that can happen to a line besides the above is a quarterback who gets the ball out. Everybody who plays in front of Peyton, Brees, Brady, and Rodgers looks like a great pass blocker. We just saw it again with Brian Hoyer. Remember how all the lines in front of Charlie Frye were dreadful... then magically good when Anderson stepped in? Same guys. Same line.

And the Browns were running the ball quite well in the first half Sunday. Willis, Obie, and Gray had 16 carries for 71 yards. Nice holes, nice gains. Why? McGahee is getting in better condition and Obie got some carries. Our commitment to the line as been well above average with three first rounders or damn near first rounders, plus a pair of 3s in Greco and Lauvao. I'd bet the average draft slot is top 5-7.

If Hoyer's in there and Lauvao's playing, we're back to talking about how good our line is.

In fairness though, the 49ers have an oline of high rounders (two of them are 1st round), and have one of the best olines in the NFL if not the best.

Well... our "other" first rounder improved some last nite. And SD just may have unveiled the recpie for beating the Colts... we can hope so anyway.

... he missed a crucial block in the 4th quarter to allow Luck to get sacked, which killed a drive.

Yup same as he did for us in Week 2 IIRC. Can't see beyond the first rusher... who in this case was moving outside and was engaged by the RT. So naturally he moves outside and a 2nd defender loops from outside to inside and blasts Luck. Blitz twist 101... and he cannot handle it.

Running-wise he continues to run to where the hole is supposed to be. He got lucky once last nite and I think the result was his longest run this year... 12 yards. Which means he gained 28 yds in his other 9 carries... or 3.1 ypc. When there's an anomally in the data... you throw it out.

I swear he's near-sighted...

The Colts bought their shiny new Ferrari for less than the owner paid, but still for a hefty price. Now there are noises and smells coming from under the hood and that huge oil spot in the driveway has them wondering why the owner was so quick to sell it................... If it's too good to be true, it probably is.

LMAO...Great analogy... very funny shit... along with USF's Carfax...

• 4 weeks later...

LMAO...

Great quote from the link:

"We’ve seen the footage — let’s just say Trent’s got a lot in common with the Colts mascot, if you catch our drift."

Too damn hilarious...just when you think you know someone...you really dont....but no surprise...He's gonna need a job after football..LOL!

I have to take any unsubstantiated rumors with a grain of salt. PG is in hiding- hate to toot my horn- but I've never made an Internet bet I didn't collect on. Told PG I'd give him a pair of my season tickets- against nothing, that Richardson wouldn't get 1,200 yards and 12 TDs this year. Oh he was certain Trent would do better than that. TR needs around 120 ypg and a TD+ over the last seven Colts games for him to collect- I'm not sweating it too much.

Incidentally, I have $100 with Ghoolie on Browns wins. The over under is 5 (wash) I have the over. :)

You muthafuckas rang?

Whatever. Hope this isn't true, but it's like I said, "whatever".

i have never given two flying fucks about a single celebrity sex tape, never.....not when it's the chicks and certainly not any male celebrity or athlete. Until now that is. I absolutely want to see this video. I'm laughing just thinking of it right now. It must be an absolute train wreck with a giant black sea snake flopping around obscuring the video. It probably smacks one of em in the face and she has to get the concussion test. :D

You muthafuckas rang?

Whatever. Hope this isn't true, but it's like I said, "whatever".

PG, I'm not laughing about the supposed sex tape- but have you, as they said in Star Wars "cleared your mind" and come to the realization Trent really isn't all that good?

Archived