Trent Richardson Trade  

81 members have voted

1. 1. How do you as a Browns Fan feel about the Trich Trade

• Browns come out on Top!!!!
    • Colts come out on Top!!!!
    • Browns get Ripped Off!!!!!
    • Colts get Ripped Off!!!!
    • All Parties involved are Winners!!!!
    • I Dont Care!!! Im no longer a Browns Fan!!!!!!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

and everyone complains about picking OL.

any SMART football fan knows the lines on both sides of the ball are the cornerstone of a winning football franchise. if you dominate on the DL side stuff the run and put pressure on the QB most likely you'll keep the other team from scoring a lot of points.

on the other side of the ball you could have trent fucking dilfer be a super bowl champion QB if he has time to operate and a pro bowl back that you just hired from stop n shop.

The problem is that we have two first rounders, two second rounders, and a third rounder on our line.

Yes, the offensive line is crucial. But you don't have five first rounders. The only positions you need to address in the first round are center and blindside tackle. The talent drop off for the other positions is small enough that you can get a solid guard in the middle rounds. Same for your other tackle.

We don't need to address the guard position early in the draft. We need to have the same linemen start at the same position for more than two weeks in a row. The positions along the offensive line are the positions where you need the most consistency and most repetitions in order to play well.

Sure, you can find a plug and play guard here and there, but you can't find two plug and play guards and then switch them back and forth every couple of weeks.

What some of us knew, but most of us refused to believe, is now becoming common knowledge. It's been a long time since the media talked positive about the Browns FO. Time for all of us to get on board and give credit where credit is due.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/trent-richardson-trade-shocked-nfl-210720546.html

In one of the most shocking in-season NFL trades in recent history, the Cleveland Browns traded Trent Richardson to the Indianapolis Colts for a 1st-round draft pick three weeks ago.

The NFL world took it as a sign the Browns were tanking, throwing away the season after a 0-2 start and trying to stockpile future assets.

While it was hard to stomach for Browns fans, the logic made sense.

But no one considered another possibility.... maybe the Browns just didn't think Richardson was any good.

Everyone's analyzing this trade under the assumption that Richardson is super talented (he was taken 3rd-overall in 2012, after all). But is he really?

There's a mounting pile of evidence suggesting that Richardson is an average-at-best player. And if that's the case (which it appears to be), this is an absolute steal and genius trade by the Browns.

Last year Richardson averaged 3.6 yards per carry (40th in the NFL) and only had two runs of 20 yards or more.

It wasn't his line's fault either. According to the advanced football stat site ProFootballFocus, the Browns had the 11th best running blocking line in the league last year, and the 5th best line overall. His back-up last year, Montario Hardesty, averaged 4.2 yards per carry behind the same line, which would have ranked 21st in the league.

So far for the Colts he has 51 carries for 151 yards (2.9 yards per carry) and zero runs of 20 yards or more. The four other Colts players who have at least 10 rushing attempts are all averaging 4.5 yards per carry or more.

Those are the statistics of a below-replacement level running back. And the Browns, who've become incredibly compelling since the trade, got a 1st-round pick for him.

I was shocked that Indy gave us a first for him. His body of work speaks for itself, he's a mediocre back. He's a goal line running back.

is that worth a first round pick? I say no. I say no RB is worth a 1st in todays NFL.

wish the best for him after this year. We need Indy to start losing for a better draft pick. But after that, good luck to him. He wasn't a bad person, just not a great RB like most thought he would be.

Average response:

Yeah yeah

I totally thought he was bad.

I always knew it was a good trade

I always knew it

I hated the draft pick originally

... don't go look at my old posts... nothing to see...

lol Honesty is hard to come by these days B)

The problem is that we have two first rounders, two second rounders, and a third rounder on our line.

Yes, the offensive line is crucial. But you don't have five first rounders. The only positions you need to address in the first round are center and blindside tackle. The talent drop off for the other positions is small enough that you can get a solid guard in the middle rounds. Same for your other tackle.

We don't need to address the guard position early in the draft. We need to have the same linemen start at the same position for more than two weeks in a row. The positions along the offensive line are the positions where you need the most consistency and most repetitions in order to play well.

Sure, you can find a plug and play guard here and there, but you can't find two plug and play guards and then switch them back and forth every couple of weeks.

i never said we had to pick an OL first second or third. but if you want the best (just like shep says for QB) you make moves to ensure you get your guy.

i'm tired of this injury prone weak right side of the line that is NOT consistent for the reasons you mentioned above. get one of the best OL to play RG through FA or draft and it will help out this team tremendously. no matter who the QB or RB(s) are.

BTW: TR had better #'s today than lesean mccoy and 2 of the top five rushers today were QBs.

Trent Richardson..

18 caries for a whopping 56 yds today

Does anyone really miss him?...

no.

but when do we get to stop hearing the questions. who cares? yeah it looks like we got the betterend of the deal. he was not worth the 3rd pick. blah.blah.blah

now you're kicking a dead horse.

btw: he did better than lesean mccoy vs. the gints who are a whopping 0 and 5.

no.

but when do we get to stop hearing the questions. who cares? yeah it looks like we got the betterend of the deal. he was not worth the 3rd pick. blah.blah.blah

McCoy had 92 yds and a TD. Tritch 56 yds.

i never said we had to pick an OL first second or third. but if you want the best (just like shep says for QB) you make moves to ensure you get your guy.

i'm tired of this injury prone weak right side of the line that is NOT consistent for the reasons you mentioned above. get one of the best OL to play RG through FA or draft and it will help out this team tremendously. no matter who the QB or RB(s) are.

BTW: TR had better #'s today than lesean mccoy and 2 of the top five rushers today were QBs.

The reason I brought up their draft position is to show that we should have the talent on the line. They just need to play at the same positions in order to establish some consistency.

Our line grades out top 15 in run blocking and top

10 in pass blocking last season and we haven't lost any members of the starting five.

If we can't get a healthy RG out of the three capable guards we have, I say we look for a good veteran FA.

no.

This is an article from the press, no one is "kicking a dead horse". It's refreshing to hear some positive things about our FO, at least it is to me.

rushing attempts

mccoy 20 for 46 yards 1 TD long of 17

TR 18 for 56 yards 0 td long of 16

figure it out.

C'mon man now you're splitting hairs. You just said he had a better day which he didn't. I thought we still counted recieving yards. Regardless I'm done with the Tritch talk. For fuck sakes chill out.

i

C'mon man now you're splitting hairs. You just said he had a better day which he didn't. I thought we still counted recieving yards. Regardless I'm done with the Tritch talk. For fuck sakes chill out.

dude i'm not trying to pick a fight with you. when i look at a RBs stats for the day in one thread which is titled ypc (not ypc and receps and yac etc. BUT YPC) and then the title of this thread we are posting on is called THE TR TRADE THAT SHOCKED THE WORLD.......i'm the LAST person you should be telling to chill out.

i'm telling all of you to get off the guy's neck already and carry on.

some people just like to kick a person when they're down. i'm not one of them. so excuse if i get pissed that all these people have to post their hater threads.

it's history. get the fuck over it.

as a browns fan we got a lot more to worry about then what happened 2 weeks ago.

Fair enough. He's gonna get a ring before us too.

hey the way they handled my pick (seattle) in the NFC to go to the superbowl today, i think he's got a better shot in the next couple of years before anyone on the browns right now.

hopefully we can still win some games this year and kick ass in FA and in the draft next year and we can be on the same level as the next tough young team to beat.

i'm telling all of you to get off the guy's neck already and carry on.

some people just like to kick a person when they're down. i'm not one of them. so excuse if i get pissed that all these people have to post their hater threads.

it's history. get the fuck over it.

as a browns fan we got a lot more to worry about then what happened 2 weeks ago.

Wow, a whole 2 weeks ago?? Man, the thread police is right.....2 whole weeks ago. WTF are we doing still discussing the biggest in season NFL trade in decades.......2 weeks ago LMAO

Wow, a whole 2 weeks ago?? Man, the thread police is right.....2 whole weeks ago. WTF are we doing still discussing the biggest in season NFL trade in decades.......2 weeks ago LMAO

i'm not the one coming off sounding like a douche dude. biggest in season draft in decades...................

talk all you want about it. i'm done.

I'm not exactly ready to put Richardson in the HOF after today's performance. Let's just say we're all eyes on how TR performs (or not) in Indy.

Glad you brought up qbs- because Kaepernic has more rushing yards this year than good old Trent. He of 40th something ranked in total rush yards, and a blazing 3.0 ypc. Must be our o-line sucks, and apparently Indy's does too- at least at run blocking. Or could it be Richardson was over hyped, our FO saw it, and got the steal of the century for mediocre back?

I'm not exactly ready to put Richardson in the HOF after today's performance. Let's just say we're all eyes on how TR performs (or not) in Indy.

Glad you brought up qbs- because Kaepernic has more rushing yards this year than good old Trent. He of 40th something ranked in total rush yards, and a blazing 3.0 ypc. Must be our o-line sucks, and apparently Indy's does too- at least at run blocking. Or could it be Richardson was over hyped, our FO saw it, and got the steal of the century for mediocre back?

didn't like the TR pick to begin with. everyone that was on this board that night knows that. there is no doubt TR was over-hyped. as TCPO and i have both said in different threads fucking steve urkell could look like a future pro-bowler running behind bama's OL. say what you want about saban.....at least he gets it. huge lines. battle in the trenches and just enough firepower offensive and defensive weapons = championships.

i don't get why we have to keep creating threads dogging TR. sure he doesn't look good, but a lot of RBs don't either. some with a lot bigger names than trent richardson. let him do his thing. either he'll fade away or he might flourish, i just don't care anymore since he's not on the browns.

Archived