Trent Richardson Trade  

81 members have voted

1. 1. How do you as a Browns Fan feel about the Trich Trade

• Browns come out on Top!!!!
    • Colts come out on Top!!!!
    • Browns get Ripped Off!!!!!
    • Colts get Ripped Off!!!!
    • All Parties involved are Winners!!!!
    • I Dont Care!!! Im no longer a Browns Fan!!!!!!

Yep, so the Browns got an additional 1st round pick without losing any offensive production. McGahee did show spurts last night, and we did get our 1st running TD.

BTW, if you didn't notice, the play calling dramatically changed when Wheezy entered the game, Think we would have had 3 straight red zone runs with Hoyer in the game? I doubt it.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Defenses don't have to worry about qb scrambles, roll outs, and quick decisions with Weeden.

That let's them clog the los, and the Browns don't have a Spiller... and they

were jumping routes - watching Weeden's eyes and slower decisions.

With a healthy Hoyer and Dion Lewis in the lineup, things would have

been amazing this year.

dammit.

With a healthy Hoyer and Dion Lewis in the lineup, things would have

been amazing this year.

Yep, 100%. I'd love to seen that! Will we get a chance next year? I think it depends on how much influence Lombardi has - he loves Hoyer, so won't be high on drafting a QB now Hoyer has shown starting ability.

Yep, 100%. I'd love to seen that! Will we get a chance next year? I think it depends on how much influence Lombardi has - he loves Hoyer, so won't be high on drafting a QB now Hoyer has shown starting ability.

Don't count on it. Hoyer might come back next year and compete to be the starter, but he will have stiff competition from a 1st or 2nd round pick. Maybe Hoyer starts half the season next year. Maybe Weeden becomes P.Manning over the long weekend. Who the f*** knows? It's the NFL...

I wake up on the west coast, click on this thread, take a sip of coffee and start to read......I almost spit my coffee all over the keyboard reading the fist few posts. nothing like winning in Cleveland. lol

BTW, if you didn't notice, the play calling dramatically changed when Wheezy entered the game, Think we would have had 3 straight red zone runs with Hoyer in the game? I doubt it.

Oh I definitely noticed. My Pats fan buddy was watching the game with me and he asked why they did that, I told him because they don't trust Weeden to not screw up.

Right now our running game is WAY below average. Look at the bottom of this list and tell me being able to run the ball isn't important in the NFL. We need Guards.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=2&offensiveStatisticCategory=RUSHING&conference=ALL&role=TM&season=2013&seasonType=REG&d-447263-s=RUSHING_YARDS_PER_GAME_AVG&d-447263-o=2&d-447263-n=1

Right now our running game is WAY below average. Look at the bottom of this list and tell me being able to run the ball isn't important in the NFL. We need Guards.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=2&offensiveStatisticCategory=RUSHING&conference=ALL&role=TM&season=2013&seasonType=REG&d-447263-s=RUSHING_YARDS_PER_GAME_AVG&d-447263-o=2&d-447263-n=1

:) There's a ton of outliers in that stat. Eagles, Bills, Raiders. Not saying effective running isn't important.

:) There's a ton of outliers in that stat. Eagles, Bills, Raiders. Not saying effective running isn't important.

I said look at the bottom. The top teams are generally the ones that run too much because of bad QB play. The one constant is the teams at the bottom are all bad. And were right there with em.

We need Guards.

yezzir.

we've got plenty of picks. if they don't pick up someone in FA i hope they grab one with our second pick and then another whenever.

hoyer injury has me thinking QB will be #1 pick now. then OL CB then let them go at it like jackals on a wilderbeast.

Real point is if we are averaging the same YPC with a collection of no name/ over-the-hill backs, then TR must not much of a name...

(guessing he is not over-the-hill yet...)

Yup... time to spend some dimes...

And that is why he's on my bench. ESPN had him ranked top 10 and I just laughed. I started Blount over him.

all the national people think he is still playing for Alabama and have failed to actually watch him play.

So what do you think his actual problem is? I don't think his vision is very good.

I think he was product of Nick Saban's system as have been the last 2 RB's that came out of Bama. He just flat out sucks in the NFL. His YPC is now down to .5 for the day. Indy must be beggining to realize they blew it with that trade.

So what do you think his actual problem is? I don't think his vision is very good.

Indys other two backs are avg 7 and 10 YPC, it's all on TR. Too bad because I thought we got a star when we drafted him.

His problem is that he isn't very good. He simply benefitted from playing behind a stellar offensive line at Alabama.

You mean to tell me that Alabama has just happened to have three fantastic RB's right after another? It's highly unlikely.

Mark Ingram was supposed to be the next great RB. First round draft pick, never had more than 700 yards in a season. His last year at Bama, everybody was saying how his backup, Richardson, was supposed to be better than him.

Enter Richardson. First round draft pick. 3.0 YPC in the NFL. His last year at Bama, everybody was saying that his backup, Lacy, was supposed to be better than him.

Enter Lacy. Coming into today he had 15 attempts for 50 yards and a TD through 2 games. We'll see how he does but he's been the most successful so far, in my opinion.

Everybody said "Richardson just needs a QB, then he'll light it up". Ingram and Lacy have two of the best QB's in the NFL, hasn't really done much for them.

Add to that the fact that Bama had three of their linemen taken in the first two rounds. Two in the top 15.

His problem is that he isn't very good. He simply benefitted from playing behind a stellar offensive line at Alabama.

You mean to tell me that Alabama has just happened to have three fantastic RB's right after another? It's highly unlikely.

Mark Ingram was supposed to be the next great RB. First round draft pick, never had more than 700 yards in a season. His last year at Bama, everybody was saying how his backup, Richardson, was supposed to be better than him.

Enter Richardson. First round draft pick. 3.0 YPC in the NFL. His last year at Bama, everybody was saying that his backup, Lacy, was supposed to be better than him.

Enter Lacy. Coming into today he had 15 attempts for 50 yards and a TD through 2 games. We'll see how he does but he's been the most successful so far, in my opinion.

Everybody said "Richardson just needs a QB, then he'll light it up". Ingram and Lacy have two of the best QB's in the NFL, hasn't really done much for them.

Add to that the fact that Bama had three of their linemen taken in the first two rounds. Two in the top 15.

and everyone complains about picking OL.

any SMART football fan knows the lines on both sides of the ball are the cornerstone of a winning football franchise. if you dominate on the DL side stuff the run and put pressure on the QB most likely you'll keep the other team from scoring a lot of points.

on the other side of the ball you could have trent fucking dilfer be a super bowl champion QB if he has time to operate and a pro bowl back that you just hired from stop n shop.

You have to have a good line no doubt, but you have to have a great QB to win games. They compliment each other obviously. A great QB equates to a better running game. We need to shore up the right side. But I would never waste a 1st or second round pick on the OL.

You have to have a good line no doubt, but you have to have a great QB to win games. They compliment each other obviously. A great QB equates to a better running game. We need to shore up the right side. But I would never waste a 1st or second round pick on the OL.

Are you talking about in general or just the right side? I will take o lineman in the top 2 rounds every day of the week.

back on topic of the thread......just my thoughts.....

can we all just shut the fuck already about TR? he was no villain here. the previous FO fucked up by picking him that high but that's why they are not employed anymore.

but for real, i don't see the need or urgency to stay on this guy's jock about how bad he is doing with a minute by minute update just to put the guy down.

looking at the numbers so far i don't see anyone 'lighting it up' today. even the big name guys from a couple of years ago are struggling.

the guy plays for indy. i wish him all the best. never said one bad thing about the city of cleveland or the organization.

i swear some of you would kick a dead dog laying in the street and laugh about it.

fucking morons.

I will take o lineman in the top 2 rounds every day of the week.

me as well as long as they were top 5 college prospects. this lavauo pinkston schwartz bullshit is killing us.

ask eli manning what it's like to play in back of a fucked OLine.

The 49ers spent one year of the draft picking two olinemen in the 1st round and it worked out great for them.

Archived