Trent Richardson Trade  

81 members have voted

1. 1. How do you as a Browns Fan feel about the Trich Trade

• Browns come out on Top!!!!
    • Colts come out on Top!!!!
    • Browns get Ripped Off!!!!!
    • Colts get Ripped Off!!!!
    • All Parties involved are Winners!!!!
    • I Dont Care!!! Im no longer a Browns Fan!!!!!!

We absolutely raped Indy. We cut our losses and got back most of what a desperate FO spent for what will turn out to be the next Shonn Greene.........LOVE IT!!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quite frankly, I was horrified learning from the Browns Board that we traded Richardson. We were (are) a team with little talent and our 2nd year QB was (and, if he comes back, will still be) struggling heavily. So getting rid of our 1st pick of last year made me fear the worst.

Having digested the trade and having now seen there's virtually no difference between the Browns with and without TRich, well, I'm ready to congratulate the front office for the move.

Please. The trade happened like 10 days ago. It's EXTREMELY relevant to Browns' fans, partially because a lot of them were gripping the ledge by their toes over it.

Please? The internet facepalm?

I'm saying we don't need to analyze his stats every game for justification of the trade. It's obvious it was a good trade unless we shart on the pick.

Don't click on the thread then....Pretty simple. Find a thread you like and participate, and stop trying to be the chat police.

Do we really need to do this? Let's wish T Rich the best and move on, he's a good guy that embraced Cleveland. I too am feeling better by the day over the trade, I'm not going to keep looking back to his stats and trashing him though, I was/am a big T Rich fan.

Y?? He didn't think twice about throwin some mudd Cleveland's way!!!

Yeah, let's stop taking the time to tell people what to talk about. If you don't wanna talk about it, don't talk about it. Confuses the shit out of me why people take the time to tell other people what they can and can't discuss. It's like telling other people how to live based on YOUR belief system. Absurd.

It was a huge trade and a rare one. By the Browns. It bears analysis all season long and beyond. At first, it seemed like the media was 60/40 for the Browns winning the trade. Now it feels like 90/10.

And once again, the Browns have scads of young talent: Gordon, Cameron, Hoyer, Thomas, Greco, Mack, Mingo, Kruger, DQJ, Robertson, Taylor, Rubin, Bryant, Haden, and Ward could play anywhere and could conceivably be Pro Bowlers, now or soon.

We could use some more playmakers but that really comes down to QB play. If Hoyer keeps playing well, others beyond Gordon and Cameron will emerge. Bess will pick it up (he's a great slot). I like Obie a lot. Little could reemerge. If you have a QB, there will be people to catch and run.

Yeah, let's stop taking the time to tell people what to talk about. If you don't wanna talk about it, don't talk about it. Confuses the shit out of me why people take the time to tell other people what they can and can't discuss. It's like telling other people how to live based on YOUR belief system. Absurd.

It was a huge trade and a rare one. By the Browns. It bears analysis all season long and beyond. At first, it seemed like the media was 60/40 for the Browns winning the trade. Now it feels like 90/10.

And once again, the Browns have scads of young talent: Gordon, Cameron, Hoyer, Thomas, Greco, Mack, Mingo, Kruger, DQJ, Robertson, Taylor, Rubin, Bryant, Haden, and Ward could play anywhere and could conceivably be Pro Bowlers, now or soon.

We could use some more playmakers but that really comes down to QB play. If Hoyer keeps playing well, others beyond Gordon and Cameron will emerge. Bess will pick it up (he's a great slot). I like Obie a lot. Little could reemerge. If you have a QB, there will be people to catch and run.

Right, jack***. Why bother suggesting you not piss all over a kid that was big for Cleveland and supported the city well? What an asshole suggestion. I'm happy with the trade, but to suggest that all of a sudden T Rich sucks as some of the posts that started the thread indicate is laughable.

To further discredit yourself, you make the ridiculous assertion that " At first, it seemed like the media was 60/40 for the Browns winning the trade", completley erasing any legitimacy I've ever given your posts. Clearly, your bias won't allow for rational observation. FYI, the national media was clearly 75% (at least) in favor of Indy winning the trade.

Morons like D bone will make comments like, "We absolutely raped Indy". Only time will tell that, not you, D Bone. Give me one peice of evidence to suggest that this FO will pick up someone more productive long term, just one, aside from blind faith. I say this presuming you've analyzed Lombardi's draft history (I may presume too much).

Morons like D Done will make comments like, "We absolutely raped Indy". Only time will tell that, not you, D Bone. Give me one piece of evidence to suggest that this FO will pick up someone more productive long term, just one, aside from blind faith. I say this presuming you've analyzed Lombardi's draft history (I may presume too much).

If you don't like it here and what we discuss, then you should just stare at your Tent poster above your bed and reminisce about the day when he was over-drafted at the #3 spot by the same FO that over-reached for Weeden 4 hours later. Anyone with eyes and a brain should've been able to see why our FO traded Trent away, and since you are new here, you can go back and look at my posts in which I was critical of the pick, as well as his weekly performances, or lack thereof. I have hope that our FO will make the best of the #1 pick that was pilfered from the Colts, but like any other moron, I'll just have to wait, hope and see.

Right, jack***. Why bother suggesting you not piss all over a kid that was big for Cleveland and supported the city well? What an asshole suggestion. I'm happy with the trade, but to suggest that all of a sudden T Rich sucks as some of the posts that started the thread indicate is laughable.

To further discredit yourself, you make the ridiculous assertion that " At first, it seemed like the media was 60/40 for the Browns winning the trade", completley erasing any legitimacy I've ever given your posts. Clearly, your bias won't allow for rational observation. FYI, the national media was clearly 75% (at least) in favor of Indy winning the trade.

Morons like D bone will make comments like, "We absolutely raped Indy". Only time will tell that, not you, D Bone. Give me one peice of evidence to suggest that this FO will pick up someone more productive long term, just one, aside from blind faith. I say this presuming you've analyzed Lombardi's draft history (I may presume too much).

Trent Richardson has been to date a VERY average NFL running back. If Trent were a legitimate elite back there would be a very noticeable difference with him out of the lineup. The Browns have averaged 4.3 yards a carry across the last two football games. With what is believed to be a much better offense Trent last week was only able to provide 60 yards rushing on 20 carries. He does not have good field vision and often misses holes or runs in a completely different direction than plays were designed for. Do you truly have delusions that he is a First round number 3 pick talent? He has all the physical skills but so do a lot of people who arent even in the NFL. The key is whether or not he will be able to connect them to his eyes and brain.

I do not know the percentage but I suspect there are plenty of experts that believe Cleveland got the best of this trade. I wish the kid the best I really do but he was not living up to his hype. If he continues to play like he is now he will be backing up Bradshaw.

The concern with Lombardi and his draft record has been one I would share with you. Having said that as Zombo pointed out our current staff including Lombardi did the following:

Let's review some of the talent evaluations so far:

Huge shocking contract for Desmond Bryant ... he looks pretty damn good.

Totally restructure and beef up the defensive front seven ... so far, so good.

Somewhat surprising commitment to Barkevious Mingo with the #6 pick ... he looks immensely talented.

Bring in Brian Hoyer ... has already risen to the top of QB depth chart

Dump Richardson for a first round pick ... we'll see, but it certainly was ballsy and hopefully, brilliant

Plus ... get a draft pick for McCoy, let Phil and Josh walk ... none of that has bitten them in the ass yet.

Frankly we got a first round pick and to match Trent's performance we can spend a pick somewhere in the 4th round. I did not like our draft this year much after the Mingo pick but we shall see on the upcoming draft.

Right now, today, Lombardi is a candidate for Exec of the Year and T-Rich is still providing his usual 3 yards a carry, making Heckert look like a drunk stripper hound. And C-Bus seems like a prick... but boards get a little boring without a couple of those so I send my appreciation. I'm confident in my opinion and figure you probably deep down know I'm right so I take no offense to the name calling.

You pick a back #3, well... first of all, that's ridiculous in today's league. But if you do, he better be Adrian Peterson. And you can see that approach hasn't driven the Vikings to the top of the league, either.

It was a goofy-ass draft... but I'll admit, that's hindsight to great extent. With the rookie salary cap, I said you COULD draft a back that high and let him walk after he gains 6,000 yards in 4 years. But he has to be about that good.

Trent wasn't and isn't. The three teams to pick a back in the top 10 in the Passing League Era are Oakland, Cleveland, and Minnesota. 'Nuff said.

Right now, today, Lombardi is a candidate for Exec of the Year and T-Rich is still providing his usual 3 yards a carry, making Heckert look like a drunk stripper hound. And C-Bus seems like a prick... but boards get a little boring without a couple of those so I send my appreciation. I'm confident in my opinion and figure you probably deep down know I'm right so I take no offense to the name calling.

I like the trade, Shep. I'll reserve final judgement until after next draft. (more realistically, 3 years from now)

I understand Trent was a reach at #3, and then Weeden. I love the moves Lombardi has made so far, but before you crown him Exec of the year, remember he currently holds the worst draft record of anyone in the business - and until he proves otherwise I'm not completely sold. He could use our late 1st round pick to snag the next Jamarcus Russell.

I like the trade, Shep. I'll reserve final judgement until after next draft. (more realistically, 3 years from now)

I understand Trent was a reach at #3, and then Weeden. I love the moves Lombardi has made so far, but before you crown him Exec of the year, remember he currently holds the worst draft record of anyone in the business - and until he proves otherwise I'm not completely sold. He could use our late 1st round pick to snag the next Jamarcus Russell.

Bingo! Bango!...couldnt agree more...

Well, the truth is, once again you can't tell how much power Lombardi does or doesn't have. This is actually the first time he's held the title of General Manager. At Oakland, Al Davis made all the calls. In Philly, Banner credits him a lot but Joe was the final word. In Cleveland, Acorsi and Belicheck.

It's just impossible to ascribe a real draft record to him. I see him and Banner as a team and judge them as such. Right now, based on the coaching hires, Mingo, Kruger, Bryant, Bess, Hoyer, trading a 4 for a 3 and a 5 for a 4, cap integrity, etc., I think they're doing some fantastic work. Hey, Armonty Bryant is sober and on the active roster!

Well, the truth is, once again you can't tell how much power Lombardi does or doesn't have. This is actually the first time he's held the title of General Manager. At Oakland, Al Davis made all the calls. In Philly, Banner credits him a lot but Joe was the final word. In Cleveland, Acorsi and Belicheck.

It's just impossible to ascribe a real draft record to him. I see him and Banner as a team and judge them as such. Right now, based on the coaching hires, Mingo, Kruger, Bryant, Bess, Hoyer, trading a 4 for a 3 and a 5 for a 4, cap integrity, etc., I think they're doing some fantastic work. Hey, Armonty Bryant is sober and on the active roster!

Not a lot to complain about right there.

Browns with T-Rich 0-2. Browns without T-Rich 3-0. Something to think about.

Hoyer and the receivers had everything to do with that in the first 2 wins, and special teams and the pick 6 had to do with the last one. Something to think about.

The running backs have been an absolute non-factor in any part of any game. The goal line stances last night were embarrassigly inept.

Hoyer and the receivers had everything to do with that in the first 2 wins, and special teams and the pick 6 had to do with the last one. Something to think about.

The running backs have been an absolute non-factor in any part of any game. The goal line stances last night were embarrassigly inept.

We are in first without him.

Something to think about.

You are a giant pussy.

Also something to think about.

my cock in your mother. something to think about. Our back and gaurd play reeks. And Brandon Weeden is not good enough to overcome opposing teams commited to stop the pass. Weeden will be starting the next 3-4 games.

my cock in your mother. something to think about. Our back and gaurd play reeks. And Brandon Weeden is not good enough to overcome opposing teams commited to stop the pass. Weeden will be starting the next 3-4 games.

I agree with that and I said the same thing to my buddy (who has McGahee on his bench) after the game. With Weeden we will have to rely on the run more, which means an increased workload for McGahee.

Weeden isn't able to see the field, which limits our offensive potential. He seems relegated to half field and triangle reads. I can't recall one instance of him checking his progression to the backside receiver.

It's like once the receiver crosses his face, he forgets about them.

But we've shown we can win tonight with even 2.8 YPC.

It seems you've already forgotten we handed them two touchdowns on bogus penalties, especially the second PI.

That's 14 points handed to them. We more than likely would have held them to a field goal on the first drive, and the second one is a crapshoot.

I agree with that and I said the same thing to my buddy (who has McGahee on his bench) after the game. With Weeden we will have to rely on the run more, which means an increased workload for McGahee.

Weeden isn't able to see the field, which limits our offensive potential. He seems relegated to half field and triangle reads. I can't recall one instance of him checking his progression to the backside receiver.

It's like once the receiver crosses his face, he forgets about them.

But we've shown we can win tonight with even 2.8 YPC.

It seems you've already forgotten we handed them two touchdowns on bogus penalties, especially the second PI.

That's 14 points handed to them. We more than likely would have held them to a field goal on the first drive, and the second one is a crapshoot.

I started McGhee tonight for AP. Feel real good about that he impresses me a little more week to week. I guess we won inspite of weeden hhuh?

Archived