THE BROWNS BOARD

I'm Starting to Not Care About the Browns Anymore

Soju

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hear you my friend, but if it isn't a bit absurd to have to go back 50 years, I am sure you would have to agree it is getting close. Just saying, and you know I am not a Browns basher and I root for the team.

Yes it is absurd. That's not what I was pointing out. It was almost like- "well if I never saw it, it didn't happen".

No one cares about the 1950s titles except old Cleveland fans. No one remembers no ome cares. It's lost to antiquity like roosevelts radio broadcasts. All anyone except you and your ilk know is that the Browns have never even been to a super bowl and haven't won since before the AFL was folded into the league.

dude, do us all a favor and become some other fan than a browns fan cuz you really suck at it.

only 'old' fans know of the browns greatness. well if you're young pick up a fucking book and read about it or even google it. WTF?

you and your everything we need to do is approach it for young fans. redo the unis, get redzone on the displays at the stadium, this that and the other.

sure it'd be great to have drafted point on since we came back, but we didn't. different coaching staffs etc. and now a new owner with his own new staff and (i guess) they are trying their hardest to turn things around. but you lay an egg with first 2 round picks every fucking year and we'll be worse than the jags.

but everyone is clammoring for a blaine gabbert jersey cuz they got cool colors and a cool looking logo.

dude, do us all a favor and become some other fan than a browns fan cuz you really suck at it.

only 'old' fans know of the browns greatness. well if you're young pick up a fucking book and read about it or even google it. WTF?

you and your everything we need to do is approach it for young fans. redo the unis, get redzone on the d isplays at the stadium, this that and the other.

sure it'd be great to have drafted point on since we came back, but we didn't. different coaching staffs etc. and now a new owner with his own new staff and (i guess) they are trying their hardest to turn things around. but you lay an egg with first 2 round picks every fucking year and we'll be worse than the jags.

but everyone is clammoring for a blaine gabbert jersey cuz they got cool colors and a cool looking logo.

Hey mik, affectionately, fuck yourself. Just because I hate the browns doesn't mean I'm rooting for a team from away. Rather than me leave, they have to get better.

I will be a Browns fan 'til the day I die, whether it's tomorrow or 100 years from now. Give me 800 losing seasons in a row and I'll still be a Browns fan. Why? Because that's my team. That's where I'm from. They are my team and I love them and that's that.

The idea of switching teams doesn't make sense to me. I can't understand it. It's like changing families because you don't like the one you were born into. Real fans have backbone, they persevere, they endure.

We are a special breed. We get the fuck knocked out of us year after year but keep getting back up to take another punch in the head, another kick in the balls. We lost our team for three years for Christ's sake, but we're still here, slugging through the shit. I will always be proud to be a fan of this team no matter how good or bad they may be.

GO BROWNS

This thread amuses me.

dude this is you...chewing-gum-stuck-to-a-shoe-in-dublin-31

I understand the disconnect between the "era's" of Browns teams and the freakin frustration since 99...

dont remember 64 NFL Championship in my life, but do remember the later B. Collier years and the stinging losses

in what was the last true NFL Championship games 1968 to Baltiwhore, 1969 & 1970 to Minnesota. (before the merger)

I remember the sucky 70's that brought the steriod ridden steelers to prominence -the stupid looking bungle team (red headed stepchild LOL)

And the rise of one Brian Sipe and company to resurrect a struggling franchise.

so to the newer generation, Id say hang in there.

I will be a Browns fan 'til the day I die, whether it's tomorrow or 100 years from now. Give me 800 losing seasons in a row and I'll still be a Browns fan. Why? Because that's my team. That's where I'm from. They are my team and I love them and that's that.

Amen to that...

Hey mik, affectionately, fuck yourself. Just because I hate the browns doesn't mean I'm rooting for a team from away. Rather than me leave, they have to get better.

thanks for the affectionate part.

just don't understand why you 'hate' the team you root for?

we all know they need to get better. i'm sure you've known that for most of your natural born life. BUT if they are 'your' team ya gotta stick with them through thick and thin.

it's just a part of life. you love someone. are you gonna leave them when they start to gain weight, lose their teeth or god forbid get some horrific disease?

man up dude. that's all i'm sayin. nothing personal against you.

I moved to Florida when I was a child, and have lived in Florida twice as long as I lived in Ohio. I will always love the Browns, Tribe, and Cavs. No other teams. Those were the greatest memories I have as a child, going to the games. And every time I get a chance to see one of those three teams play, I feel like a little kid again. May be weird, but whatever.

Point is, it is frustrating as hell watching the Browns play shitty football. I work every Sunday, but watch regardless, and the golfers know well enough to stay away from the proshop after 1 on Sundays. However, fuck all other teams! I will always be a Browns fan, and whenever it is that they decide to start actually playing good football, it will feel that much greater. If they ever do.

Yes it is absurd. That's not what I was pointing out. It was almost like- "well if I never saw it, it didn't happen".

He isn't saying that dummy...he's saying how about win a championship in his fucking lifetime...something he could experience and touch, not to have to resort to a god damned history book to try and make yourself feel better each time the Ravens or Steelers win another Super Bowl.

I suppose its fortunate the Browns fans have their NFL championships they can cling to, because should the Bengals ever win a Super Bowl, half of you would jump off the 480 bridge...instead you can tell Bengal fans "well, we won 4 NFL championships back in the 50's and 60's nya nya".

That'll sure make em bow their heads and put them in their place lol!

Tony Grossi brought up an interesting tidbit...only four teams have never made a Super Bowl appearance...Detroit, Jax, Houston, and the Browns. Out of those four, what makes Cleveland the most removed from a Super Bowl?

The other 3 cities have at least hosted one...pretty cool stuff eh?

I think you need a medication change.

Yup, one of the other Mods deleted my post, and Tampa's profanity, I just deleted his. Grow up Tampa- can't get it through your head there's some people on this forum that don't care very much about baseball?

How about the USA soccer team making the World Cup? That's about as relevant On the BROWNS FORUM as you getting all wound up about the Tribe.

1. Trust me I understand its a Browns Board

3. It Blows my mind that people like Hoorta who is a Cleveland fan, wants to bash them when there is 2 weeks left in the season and they are right there for the playoffs. This is the best Cleveland team we have had in years!!!! So enjoy them thats all I am saying.

4. Again its blow my mind that even thou it is a Football Town, people keep selling out the Statuim every week. Its like people like seeing a train wreck every week. The Browns DO NOT DESERVE YOUR MONEY!!!!!! The tribe deserve your money this year!!!!! Until the Browns do something why spend the money on them??? I use to fly up to Cleveland once a year to see the Browns and then fly to another city to see the Browns once a year. So I would spend around 6K a year on the Browns ( Flights, Hotels, Food, Etc, Etc for 3 ) The other city was a way to take vacation in a different city every year. Its pretty cool. Anyways this year I am going to Kansas City the weekend the Browns play. That will be the only game I go to this year, and the Chiefs are getting my money not the Browns. Now this year I have went to 9 Tribe games this year ( Tampa for 3, Miami for 3, and Altanta for 3 ) I have the MLB Package and the NFL Ticket. Trust I watch the Browns every week and the tribe every night. I will not go back to Cleveland Browns Field until they show we they want to put a product on the field that I could be proud of, I am not asking them to be great over night.

READ IT BROWNS RELATED, AND IT WITH IN THE THREADS MEANS. AGAIN LETS PLAY BYE THE SAME RULES.

Deleted the profanity I really do understand that point-

thanks for the affectionate part.

just don't understand why you 'hate' the team you root for?

we all know they need to get better. i'm sure you've known that for most of your natural born life. BUT if they are 'your' team ya gotta stick with them through thick and thin.

it's just a part of life. you love someone. are you gonna leave them when they start to gain weight, lose their teeth or god forbid get some horrific disease?

man up dude. that's all i'm sayin. nothing personal against you.

I love them and I hate them for being so inept for twenty years. It's not a tough concept. I'll be damned if I root for another team above them though.

3. It Blows my mind that people like Hoorta who is a Cleveland fan, wants to bash them when there is 2 weeks left in the season and they are right there for the playoffs. This is the best Cleveland team we have had in years!!!! So enjoy them thats all I am saying.

4. Again its blow my mind that even thou it is a Football Town, people keep selling out the Statuim every week. Its like people like seeing a train wreck every week. The Browns DO NOT DESERVE YOUR MONEY!!!!!! The tribe deserve your money this year!!!!! Until the Browns do something why spend the money on them??? I use to fly up to Cleveland once a year to see the Browns and then fly to another city to see the Browns once a year. So I would spend around 6K a year on the Browns ( Flights, Hotels, Food, Etc, Etc for 3 ) The other city was a way to take vacation in a different city every year. Its pretty cool. Anyways this year I am going to Kansas City the weekend the Browns play. That will be the only game I go to this year, and the Chiefs are getting my money not the Browns. Now this year I have went to 9 Tribe games this year ( Tampa for 3, Miami for 3, and Altanta for 3 ) I have the MLB Package and the NFL Ticket. Trust I watch the Browns every week and the tribe every night. I will not go back to Cleveland Browns Field until they show we they want to put a product on the field that I could be proud of, I am not asking them to be great over night.

Bash the Indians? Hardly. You have the rose colored glasses on pal. Can't stand a dose of baseball reality? Want to look at the Tribe's record against the Tigers this year, and tell me with a straight face they have a snowball's chance in hell should they actually make the playoffs?

If anything, the Indians record of suckitude 1950 on is demonstably worse than the Browns in the same time period.

BTW, meet up with me in KC I'll even PM you my cell #.

Browns are horrible

PS Tampa- based on the attendance figures- the silent majority is with me- SHOW ME. And I'll play by the same rules- I'm gong to start posting soccer and tennis threads here. Now kindly get lost.

That's relative. i have no explanation why the Browns treat the first game of the regular season as an exhibition game. They play like that against the Fish- they win easily. I'll let Tampa defend the indians 100+ loss seasons. We had the SB Champs on the ropes for 30 minutes- couldnt finish it out.

READ IT BROWNS RELATED, AND IT WITH IN THE THREADS MEANS. AGAIN LETS PLAY BYE THE SAME RULES.

The part in the red ... WTF is that? .... Its not English.

Z

The part in the red ... WTF is that? .... Its not English.

Z

That is pretty funny, and I am pretty drunk right now. It doesn't make any sense to me either.

Then again.....when it will ! I mean it could have when it was the thing. Got it?

Buy.

He's not as think as you drunk he is :D

Oh hell, I'm as Poed as anyone after absorbing yet another ignominious defeat at the hands of the Ratbirds- which I predicted BTW. Had my share of vino to ease the pain too.

What Tampa doesn't apparently get- is us casual BB fans aren't jumping on the Tribe Party Bus- at least not yet. PS Tampa you young 'un- I predict soccer will overtake MLB in TV ratings in YOUR lifetime- you heard it here first.

I have my priorities- I can name every starter at every position on the Browns roster, WHO? is the Indians catcher? Beats me. Now if by some freaking miracle they make the World Series, I'll be no better than the Miami CHEAT fans who didn't give a rat about basketball until LeBum sold out to play with his pals.

1.Hoorta I would not waste my time with you in KC as my family is way more important than you or anyone else on this board. 2. At least you are honest about your bandwagon ass when it comes to the tribe 3. All I am saying is Browns put shit product out every week and it is really old but the tribe have put a very good team together and you should get a litle fired up about them. And no they are not better than the tigers. Are the Browns better than anyone??? MAYBE with Josh coming back next week we will be different just can not see a WR making that big of difference

1.Hoorta I would not waste my time with you in KC as my family is way more important than you or anyone else on this board. 2. At least you are honest about your bandwagon ass when it comes to the tribe 3. All I am saying is Browns put shit product out every week and it is really old but the tribe have put a very good team together and you should get a litle fired up about them. And no they are not better than the tigers. Are the Browns better than anyone??? MAYBE with Josh coming back next week we will be different just can not see a WR making that big of difference

You have to understand I'm not hating on you because you happen to be a big BB fan- but by the same token you have to realize and respect not every Browns fan happens to be an Indians fan, or even a baseball fan for that matter. In fact- I'd say about 90% of the Dayton Browns Backers are Reds, not Indians fans.

BTW, your perspective of the Indians is colored through the glasses of those great 90s teams- which happened to be pretty decent. The Tribe of the 60s & 70s were an unmitigated train wreck of a baseball franchise. The team got damn near moved, and honestly, most of the folks who were living in Cleveland at the time wouldn't have cared less if they had taken a powder to Arizona they sucked so bad. Many times there were less than 1,000 fans in the cavernous old muni stadium- you can look it up if you don't believe me.

Cleveland has always been a football town first- baseball is the home of bandwagon fans. The days of Bob Feller & Bob Lemon are as much a memory of the past to me as Jim Brown might be to you.

You have to understand I'm not hating on you because you happen to be a big BB fan- but by the same token you have to realize and respect not every Browns fan happens to be an Indians fan, or even a baseball fan for that matter. In fact- I'd say about 90% of the Dayton Browns Backers are Reds, not Indians fans.

BTW, your perspective of the Indians is colored through the glasses of those great 90s teams- which happened to be pretty decent. The Tribe of the 60s & 70s were an unmitigated train wreck of a baseball franchise. The team got damn near moved, and honestly, most of the folks who were living in Cleveland at the time wouldn't have cared less if they had taken a powder to Arizona they sucked so bad. Many times there were less than 1,000 fans in the cavernous old muni stadium- you can look it up if you don't believe me.

Cleveland has always been a football town first- baseball is the home of bandwagon fans. The days of Bob Feller & Bob Lemon are as much a memory of the past to me as Jim Brown might be to you.

Not once EVER have I said the tribe have not been Shit. They were shitty last year. Matter fact besides the run in the 90s they have been shit. I know this!!!!!! I am a believer that if you are a Cleveland fan, you should root for all Cleveland teams!!!! I will never change my Colors they are what they are. Love the Browns, Love the Tribe, Like the Cavs, Love the Buckeye Football. I alway never said that Cleveland is a football town, of course it is.

You seem to get your panties all bunched up anytime I say anything about the tribe, I am suprise since you are one of the GODS on this board you didnt change my pic because it had Chief Wahoo on it. If you read my post it was about me spending my money on a team that deserves my money this yr and that is the Tribe. The Browns do not deserve a penny from me or you!!!! Untill they want to put a product on the field that wants to win. Thats what I am saying, but you get all upset move threads, move post, change ppls names like a 12 yr old who is pisses in your playground.

I am a CLEVELAND FAN, who happens to be jacked that the City of Cleveland has something they should be proud of!!! Do I post it on the Browns Board Yep I do Why??? Because when I post things its about the Browns also!!!!!! Even my thread that you got butt hurt about a couple months ago was about the Browns and Tribe.

Even thou it is a Brownstown It still blows me away ppl send money on a shit product. Trust me I try really hard to think every yr will be different just like I thought this yr would be different. Same Shit product every year. So when something good is happening in CLEVELAND WHERE THE BROWNS PLAY. I will say something!!!!!

Not once EVER have I said the tribe have not been Shit. They were shitty last year. Matter fact besides the run in the 90s they have been shit. I know this!!!!!! I am a believer that if you are a Cleveland fan, you should root for all Cleveland teams!!!! I will never change my Colors they are what they are. Love the Browns, Love the Tribe, Like the Cavs, Love the Buckeye Football. I alway never said that Cleveland is a football town, of course it is.

Hate to break it to you but there's legions of fans who follow one sport almost exclusively.

You seem to get your panties all bunched up anytime I say anything about the tribe, I am suprise since you are one of the GODS on this board you didnt change my pic because it had Chief Wahoo on it. If you read my post it was about me spending my money on a team that deserves my money this yr and that is the Tribe. The Browns do not deserve a penny from me or you!!!! Untill they want to put a product on the field that wants to win. Thats what I am saying, but you get all upset move threads, move post, change ppls names like a 12 yr old who is pisses in your playground.

LOL, I've moved exactly one post, and I politely explained to you why I did. Furthermore if you have any clue about board etiquette, posting profanity in 36 point caps ain't cool. FYI, I don't have top level Mod control- I can't change posters names, and even if I could, I wouldn't. If you put your thinking cap on for a second you might be able to figure out the Mod that's doing the stuff you're accusing me of doing. Perhaps the Browns don't deserve any of my money- but by your reckoning that stadium should be empty until they start winning. I'll say this as a season ticket holder- unless you happen to be a multi-millionaire, you're more married to your seats than to your wife. Sure, I could throw up my hands in disgust and dump my seats- (20 yard line lower deck incidentally) unfortunately, I don't happen to have the spare $20-30,000 it would take to buy them back on Craiglist or eBay when the Browns start winning.

I am a CLEVELAND FAN, who happens to be jacked that the City of Cleveland has something they should be proud of!!! Do I post it on the Browns Board Yep I do Why??? Because when I post things its about the Browns also!!!!!! Even my thread that you got butt hurt about a couple months ago was about the Browns and Tribe.

Even thou it is a Brownstown It still blows me away ppl send money on a shit product. Trust me I try really hard to think every yr will be different just like I thought this yr would be different. Same Shit product every year. So when something good is happening in CLEVELAND WHERE THE BROWNS PLAY. I will say something!!!!!

Don't get me wrong- am I happy the Indians are playing well? Sure. Excited when the Cavs made the NBA Finals? Yep. However- I may have watched 2 hours of baseball total this year- I've said it before- I'd about as soon watch icicles melt than watch a baseball game- BORING. Pro tennis, World Cup qualifying, or the Tour de France get far more attention from me.

Archived