THE BROWNS BOARD

I'm Starting to Not Care About the Browns Anymore

Soju

Let me say first that I was a die hard in the 90's and pumped more than ever when they came back in '99.

BUT, after 13-14 years of complete ineptitude, who can blame fans such as myself from becoming disinterested.

I usually can't sleep the night before opening day, last night I slept like a baby.

The offense constantly looks nervous and plays like they have to perfect or they won't sustain a drive or win a game, which is partly true.

There are still way too many problems on this team. DBs are still giving 10 yard cushions and opposing receiever are catching the ball in open space without a Browns DB around.

TRich I still can't tell if he sucks or the Oline isn't opening any holes, I think you could place the blame on both of them.

And last but not least, the QB and WRs. You CANNOT win with these fags we have out there. Not in this day's league.

It's going to be another 5-6 win year.

I just don't understand how a team can be this consistently bad for 14 years in a row (excluding '07, a fluke year). It is the same thing every year and this is what's causing me to lose interest and yes, it is possible eventually to stop watching games all together and do other things and be reduced to a scoreboard watcher much like I am with the Tribe.

When do the Cavs start? At least they are making strides and projected to go to the playoffs.

Browns suck. Bunch of inept, beta faggots.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Letting your best offensive player touch the ball 15 times, and letting Weeden throw the ball 53 times is INSANE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And having $25 million in salary cap and NOT signing an NFL caliber CB is also INSANE

T-rich needs 25 carries at the least. And Buster Skrine is the worst starting CB's in the league

Letting your best offensive player touch the ball 15 times, and letting Weeden throw the ball 53 times is INSANE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And having $25 million in salary cap and NOT signing an NFL caliber CB is also INSANE

T-rich needs 25 carries at the least. And Buster Skrine is the worst starting CB's in the league

shhhhh!!!!

no right minded person on this forum can stand the idea of drafting a CB in the top ten.

hee heeee heee heeee devil will get u everytime!!!! hee hee heee hee heee

bunch of dumbasses.

I used to get upset when the browns shit the bed, but after fifteen years of having four months of ruined Sundays I stopped really caring. I still love the browns but I love my boys more and id rather throw the ball around in the yard with them than watch whatever team the browns are playing take a dump all over them. I watch the first quarter and after that I'm out. Ill hear it on the radio. Or not. Whatever.

This is the product the browns have been putting on the field since I was nineteen.

http://youtu.be/kaBkhKH9maE

Our "best offensive player" is so over rated by some of us it isn't even funny. Any undrafted free agent could do what our #3 pick has done. Flame me all you want, but it's true. Our best RB broke his league in the pre-season.

Our "best offensive player" is so over rated by some of us it isn't even funny. Any undrafted free agent could do what our #3 pick has done. Flame me all you want, but it's true.

hell they may do better. T rich has been nothing but ordinarily. #3 pick should be more than that.

I'm in the same boat at Cysko. I used to let the browns get me down so much but I've come to the realization I was letting something I had no control of ruin my mood. I'll be a die-hard browns fan till the day I die but as I get older there's so much other crap to worry about. I still typically watch most games but I'm usually doing my graduate school work. It's more a background disappointment.

It's just sad the way this team has ripped the heart and soul out of the greatest fans in the NFLs chest by their horrendous play. And as someone else has said, it's been this way since I was 18. It's amazing how a team can be this consistenly bad for nearly a decade and half.

and have it done over and over when you aren't even in a 1,000 mile vicinity of it happening, watching other fans jump up in joy for their team's great plays.

it IS really sad.

BUT let's see what happens next week before we turn on the franchise. i think if gordon was there and some of these dopes could actually catch the ball.....woulda been a different outcome.

They might as well go get Tebow. Hell it can't get any worse. At least he has a winners mentality. Weeden is a god damned bum.

NO-bow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is Wheezy's last stand...

make or break...

fish or cut bait...

do or die...

No more what if'ing... either he shows that he "gets it" or not.

and have it done over and over when you aren't even in a 1,000 mile vicinity of it happening, watching other fans jump up in joy for their team's great plays.

it IS really sad.

BUT let's see what happens next week before we turn on the franchise. i think if gordon was there and some of these dopes could actually catch the ball.....woulda been a different outcome.

Did anyone happen to see any of green bay vs san Fran? It's like the browns aren't even playing the same game. I'm done waiting for them to get better. They have to make the next move, not me. No merch. No tickets. Not a cent of revenue until they figure it out.

it IS really sad.BUT let's see what happens next week before we turn on the franchise. i think if gordon was there and some of these dopes could actually catch the ball.....woulda been a different outcome.

IMO spot on about Gordon. The fins had absolutely zero respect for any of the Browns perimeter players which let them key on the run and rushing the passer. I think if JG was in there it would have kept them honest which could have opened things up for the rest of the offense.

Also I thought it was a good defensive game. I see Skrine is getting some flak but with the kind of timing Tannehill and Hartline had going on, I think would have beat plenty of other NFL CB's.

hell they may do better. T rich has been nothing but ordinarily. #3 pick should be more than that.

I agreed with Jim Browm that Trich is just that...ordinary...And i caught flack for it...but..I still say Trich dances too much...we'll be drafting a RB next year too...

Let me say first that I was a die hard in the 90's and pumped more than ever when they came back in '99.

BUT, after 13-14 years of complete ineptitude, who can blame fans such as myself from becoming disinterested.

I usually can't sleep the night before opening day, last night I slept like a baby.

The offense constantly looks nervous and plays like they have to perfect or they won't sustain a drive or win a game, which is partly true.

There are still way too many problems on this team. DBs are still giving 10 yard cushions and opposing receiever are catching the ball in open space without a Browns DB around.

TRich I still can't tell if he sucks or the Oline isn't opening any holes, I think you could place the blame on both of them.

And last but not least, the QB and WRs. You CANNOT win with these fags we have out there. Not in this day's league.

It's going to be another 5-6 win year.

I just don't understand how a team can be this consistently bad for 14 years in a row (excluding '07, a fluke year). It is the same thing every year and this is what's causing me to lose interest and yes, it is possible eventually to stop watching games all together and do other things and be reduced to a scoreboard watcher much like I am with the Tribe.

When do the Cavs start? At least they are making strides and projected to go to the playoffs.

Browns suck. Bunch of inept, beta faggots.

Fuck you.

Why do we care if you jump ship?

Just don't try and come back ...

Zombo

i didn't like our performance today, our offense is lacking the timing is off and the play calls that only gave rich 15 touches isn't even a winning formula we knew that with Shurmurs shitty game plan early last year.

I expect that we practice hard this week prepare for the Ravens and we forget about this week when we lay it down.

Fuck you.

Why do we care if you jump ship?

Just don't try and come back ...

Zombo

You pussy, who said I was jumping ship? I just don't care AS MUCH as I did about the Browns. Does that mean "jump ship" to your Retarded ass? Probably does. Moron.

Richardson has not proven to me that he is worth the pick we wasted on him. He still hesitates instead of hitting the hole, This is not college and there will not be a large hole as they close quickly. He is a small dude and once he stops running he is dead meat. Our offensive line is pathetic. It looked like a junior varsity high school team out there the fourth quarter. They completely dominated our line and were on Weeden within 1 to 2 seconds every play. Weeden still telegraphs where he is going to throw the ball and is not very accurate even with time. Our secondary gave their receivers far to much room, thus the 8 -10 yards it seemed like every pass play. We did not put pressure on Tannehill in the second half and he had time to throw the ball. We have a lot of work to do as usual. It seems like the movie groundhog day. Different year, same result.

Here's a couple of thoughts on the game. The crowd did their part. Most were seated by kick off and had good energy until it was sucked out of them.

Ditch the drumline. If you have to have entertainment, maybe cheerleaders would be better

The secondary seemed confused in the second half.

On offense, not only was it poorly executed, they didn't adjust to the defense.

And that brings me to the most important observation. The team didn't look prepared. The coaches were too slow getting plays in. Too many players on both sides of the ball just didn't know where to be.

I'm not saying the season is a washout, but I didn't see one reason to be optimistic, unless you take into account that the whole division is 0-1.

I can understand people losing interest. Teams can't go decades of losing and expect fans to be diehard...especially the younger ones who don't have a championship or two lingering in their memory from when they were young.

This story line is getting old. We continually draft players that do not pan out. Weeden, Richardson and Little are just the tip of the iceberg. Buster Skrine is the worst player in the NFL and we continually start him. I have to be honest, I think it has been 3yrs since I actually watched a complete Browns game and typically spend my 1pm game time doing something outside in the yard, playing with the kids or ironing clothes to prepare for work on Monday. Those activities are more fun or productive. I can't believe I just wrote that and it breaks my heart.

You pussy, who said I was jumping ship? I just don't care AS MUCH as I did about the Browns. Does that mean "jump ship" to your Retarded ass? Probably does. Moron.

Yes, when you say "Browns suck. Bunch of inept, beta faggots." that sounds like someone who has already jumped ship.

Go root for the Cowboys, you aren't tough enough to be a Browns fan.

You, yourself said you are disinterested. It was probably right after you got disinterested in pussy that you started sucking dick.

Zombo

I can understand people losing interest. Teams can't go decades of losing and expect fans to be diehard...especially the younger ones who don't have a championship or two lingering in their memory from when they were young.

I agree. I'm 40, and the last good memories about the Browns were in the 80s! I have a 10 year old son, who has a ton of friends that are Steelers fans! Luckily I've been able to sell him on the history, and the tradition of the team, otherwise he may actually be cheering for that team from Western PA! Then again........not in my house! :angry: At any rate other than 2007 when they went 10-6, he has absolutely NO memories of the Browns being good! Somehow, this cycle of losing needs to end! I do like this front office, and coaching staff, but they have their work cut out for them in changing the culture of losing that has been with this team since they've returned in 1999!

Browns should've done more at corner... but a top 10 pick for a #1 is tough for value/return. For a #2? Nuts. Should've gone way harder for one of the free agents or a better one in the draft. Or both.

Our pass rush did okay but not as well as theirs. They have decent corners (not great) but it was really all about the pressure. Always is. That's the league... not investing heavily in corners.

We don't get to see it much on TV but Sobo says Little was really struggling to get separation from anybody. Ouch. Sounds like a buffed up Robiskie.

Archived