THE BROWNS BOARD

Dolphin Fans: A Bunch of Tools

Shep

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Phin fan got you there...I mean, who goes to cleveland for a vacation?

Actually we have two guys who come over from Great Britain every year for a game. Plenty of folks come into town to take in the Rock & Roll HOF- just a block away from the stadium. Pro Football HOF is just an hour down the road in Canton. :)

Well, who goes to Miami in July for a vacation, unless they want to get hospitalized for a heat stroke? Every big city has it's plusses and minuses.

I am curious about this: Baseball really is the national sport of most of the Caribbean. Hispanics really pretty much dominate the sport now. And South Florida has just about the largest Hispanic population in the nation. Yet, the Marlins baseball team gets crappy support from the locals....including, apparently, the large Hispanic population. And now the new Miami ballpark, which seems very nice, is smack in the middle of the Hispanic community (built on the site of the old Orange Bowl).

Why is it that the supposed baseball crazy Hispanic community doesn't support its local major league baseball team.

I truly am curious about that.

Uhm...I'm not hispanic, how the fuck should I know? And the dude who called a BRANDON WEEDEN a future HoFer just beautifully describes this forum in a nutshell. LOL. You shit tard fans crack me the hell up. Ohio blows, lol only a Brownies fan would conpare OHIO to SOUTH FLORIDA. LMAO!!! LeBron is ours, deal with it bitches.

Actually we have two guys who come over from Great Britain every year for a game. Plenty of folks come into town to take in the Rock & Roll HOF- just a block away from the stadium. Pro Football HOF is just an hour down the road in Canton. :)

Well, who goes to Miami in July for a vacation, unless they want to get hospitalized for a heat stroke? Every big city has it's plusses and minuses.

Fail.

Cedar Pointe isnt far either, that place is amazing!

I am curious about this: Baseball really is the national sport of most of the Caribbean. Hispanics really pretty much dominate the sport now. And South Florida has just about the largest Hispanic population in the nation. Yet, the Marlins baseball team gets crappy support from the locals....including, apparently, the large Hispanic population. And now the new Miami ballpark, which seems very nice, is smack in the middle of the Hispanic community (built on the site of the old Orange Bowl).

Why is it that the supposed baseball crazy Hispanic community doesn't support its local major league baseball team.

I truly am curious about that.

I'll try to tackle this. I was born in Ft Myers FL, and moved to West Palm Beach when I was 2. Lived there until 2006 when I moved to Charlotte NC to play college ball at Wingate University. I am a Miami fan of everything from Canes, to Heat to Marlins to Dolphins.

The Marlins have only been around since 1993. The braves were the closest thing we had to a team (I was born in late 80's so it was easy for me to keep my allegience to my home team)....Honestly in the mid 90s before beating (sorry everyone) Cleveland in the World Series in one of the most underrated World Series' EVER in my opinion, the city loved the Marlins. If we hung onto KEvin Brown, Al Leiter, Renteria, Alou, Charles Johnson, Bonnilla etc we would've had a dynasty and the team would've kept a very strong fanbase, starting from very young. Before the Diamondbacks did it later, the Marlins were the youngest franchise EVER to win a world series. They were starting perfect to keep a big fan base. Then Wayne Huizenga firesales the entire team, trading guys to the mets, cubs, dodgers etc.....it left a BIG BIG bad taste in everyones mouth.

Fast forward to 2003, a lot of the bullets we got in those fire sales brought us Josh Beckett, Mike Lowell, Dontrelle Willis etc....and we beat the yankees and won our second title.....we held on till about 2005, even signing then big free agent Carlos Delgado....but after a couple of flare outs, another firesale happened....we traded Becket and Lowell to Boston....and eventually traded Miguel Cabrera (FUCK YOU LORIA) and Dontrelle Willis (hero at the time) for a fucking bag of chips.

The city is DONE with it. I have maybe watched 15 games this year, I am boycotting anything that fat fuck art seller Loria owns until he sells. Its a matter of time before Fernandez and Stanton will be hitting homeruns and striking out 20 a game for the fucking Yankees, so I won't get caught up.

Also, side note, I lived in Palm Beach County....40 min drive to the Dolphins stadium in Dade/Broward. A lot of the hispanic fan base lived more south in Miami/Homestead....which was a 40 minute drive or so as well. You tell me you're going to drive in the middle of thunderstorm season, 40 minutes on a Wednesday risking not even seeing a game because of rain and lightning? Hell no.

They needed that stadium with a roof, they get one, even more far south (hurting their jupiter/palm beach fans where they have spring training) making it a tougher drive. Seriously, any more south of Dolphins stadium is fucking Cuba 2.0 and the worst traffic/driving South of Ohio.

Once we get the roof stadium, we bring in Jose Reyes, resign Hanley Ramirez and trust that cunt Loria ONE MORE TIME....the next year he blows it all up and hes making profits and the Marlins are making last place finishes.

Its a sick cycle, and I am not falling for it again. I love the Marlins franchise, but won't get broken hearted again.

Let me say that for once since their relaunch, I feel the Cleveland Browns have hit a home run in their coaching hire. I mean Coach Chud has roots to the great Miami Hurricanes football program. How can you not cheer for somebody that comes from such a classy program that has sniffed probation more than they have an ACC championship game? But seriously, this is a young offensive mind that helped Cleveland to their last winning season. Hiring Norv Turner and Ray Horton as his coordinators was also a slam dunk.

While it's popular to pick on Brandon Weeden collecting social security already, he has had a very solid preseason, just percentage points better than Ryan Tannehill. THis improvement is one that is cause for concern. The big issue for him that works in Miami's favor is that he has no weapons. Josh Gordon is a sleeper in fantasy, but he's proving himself to be a real life version of Jesse Pinkman already being suspended for substance abuse. The WRs after him don't scare me but don't sleep on them. Travis Benjamin has speed, and you can't teach that. One blown coverage by a young secondary could result in 6 points. While Greg Little isn't special, he's a big bodied WR that could cause the corners of Miami some issues.

The biggest issue however in the passing game will be the man with two last names (or first names?) Cameron Jordan. He's supposedly nursing a groin pull, but he and Old Man Weeden have developed good chemistry this preseason hooking up for two TDs. Despite upgrades to the LB corp and Reshad Jones's continued improvement, athletic TEs could still be a huge issue for the Miami Dolphins' defense so don't sleep on the young tight end.

Even with that, the biggest threat on the Browns offense is Trent Richardson. While Miami has a good young 2nd year back I know all you fans are hyped about, he is not better than the former Bama back. A healthy Trent Richardson could end up being the 2nd best back in the league; he's that talented. The issue is he doesn't have a backup to take some of the load off. Brandon Jackson and CHris Ogbonaya wouldn't make the varsity squad for the Kickapoo Kangaroos (3 time defending Quad A State Champs!) so if Richardson goes down the Browns offense could be in trouble.

That OL is also better than given credit for. Joe Thomas is the best LT in football, and this preseason the starting OL gave up ZERO sacks of Weeden. No wonder he doesn't need a rocker anymore.

Now the Browns front 7 can, and will, make life difficult for the Miami Dolphins as they have the potential to be very good against the run. Phil Taylor, Attya Rubin, and Billy Winn is a very good front for a 3-4 and have the athleticism to give a shaky Fins OL a scare. The issue is can the Browns get to the QB? JAbaal Sheard had 9 sacks as a rookie, but fell to 6 his 2nd year; that still led the team. Adding Paul Kruger and Kiki Mingo (who may or may not play) gives Cleveland reason to believe their pass rush has improved; so does the good preseason form of Quinton Groves. I would also feel bad if I didn't mention D'Qwell Jackson who has taken the title of "Most Criminally Underrated LB in the Leage" away from London Fletcher.

Running against the Browns defense will more than likely be a challenge so the young backs of the Fins must be patient. The secondary on the other hand can be taken advantage of. Joe Haden is developing into a premiere CB in the league. He has no support. TJ Ward has not developed as I expected him to, and while Chris Owens is a good ST guy, he should not be starting on defense for an NFL team. Buster Skrine is not a bad slot guy, but against Miami's system he may struggle a tad.

If Miami is able to stretch the Browns young, and short, secondary vertically Ryan Tannehill may become the most picked up QB in fantasy football, and as long as the Fins secondary stays disciplined they should control the game.

Thanks for your support everybody! I hope to keep in touch.

Go Kangaroos,

Moe R. Torboat

Uhm...I'm not hispanic, how the fuck should I know? And the dude who called a BRANDON WEEDEN a future HoFer just beautifully describes this forum in a nutshell. LOL. You shit tard fans crack me the hell up. Ohio blows, lol only a Brownies fan would conpare OHIO to SOUTH FLORIDA. LMAO!!! LeBron is ours, deal with it bitches.

Just because a post in made in reply to one you made doesn't mean that it is directed to you. It means anyone can answer.

And I suspect that the person that made the Weeden comment made it just to twerk an douchenozzle like you into reacting exactly how you did. And you were gullible enough to fall for it, sucka.

As for comparing cities? Why not? It is done all the time. Like I said, I have family and friends who abandoned S. Fla. for the better lifestyle here.

So, the question is: what is it that you want to compare? Is Cleveland the vacation destination that Miami is? No.

Are there many aspects of NEOhio that Miami cannot come close to matching? Absolutely.

I guess we could go over hundreds of these if we wanted.

But that would likely be foolish...as it would all be opinion and what one person feels is good about a place, another may not feel so good.

I mean, I can find a sunny beach in Cleveland if I want to, though certainly I would rather go to St. John USVI or Kapalua.

lake-erie-beaches.jpg

I'll try to tackle this. I was born in Ft Myers FL, and moved to West Palm Beach when I was 2. Lived there until 2006 when I moved to Charlotte NC to play college ball at Wingate University. I am a Miami fan of everything from Canes, to Heat to Marlins to Dolphins.

The Marlins have only been around since 1993. The braves were the closest thing we had to a team (I was born in late 80's so it was easy for me to keep my allegience to my home team)....Honestly in the mid 90s before beating (sorry everyone) Cleveland in the World Series in one of the most underrated World Series' EVER in my opinion, the city loved the Marlins. If we hung onto KEvin Brown, Al Leiter, Renteria, Alou, Charles Johnson, Bonnilla etc we would've had a dynasty and the team would've kept a very strong fanbase, starting from very young. Before the Diamondbacks did it later, the Marlins were the youngest franchise EVER to win a world series. They were starting perfect to keep a big fan base. Then Wayne Huizenga firesales the entire team, trading guys to the mets, cubs, dodgers etc.....it left a BIG BIG bad taste in everyones mouth.

Fast forward to 2003, a lot of the bullets we got in those fire sales brought us Josh Beckett, Mike Lowell, Dontrelle Willis etc....and we beat the yankees and won our second title.....we held on till about 2005, even signing then big free agent Carlos Delgado....but after a couple of flare outs, another firesale happened....we traded Becket and Lowell to Boston....and eventually traded Miguel Cabrera (FUCK YOU LORIA) and Dontrelle Willis (hero at the time) for a fucking bag of chips.

The city is DONE with it. I have maybe watched 15 games this year, I am boycotting anything that fat fuck art seller Loria owns until he sells. Its a matter of time before Fernandez and Stanton will be hitting homeruns and striking out 20 a game for the fucking Yankees, so I won't get caught up.

Also, side note, I lived in Palm Beach County....40 min drive to the Dolphins stadium in Dade/Broward. A lot of the hispanic fan base lived more south in Miami/Homestead....which was a 40 minute drive or so as well. You tell me you're going to drive in the middle of thunderstorm season, 40 minutes on a Wednesday risking not even seeing a game because of rain and lightning? Hell no.

They needed that stadium with a roof, they get one, even more far south (hurting their jupiter/palm beach fans where they have spring training) making it a tougher drive. Seriously, any more south of Dolphins stadium is fucking Cuba 2.0 and the worst traffic/driving South of Ohio.

Once we get the roof stadium, we bring in Jose Reyes, resign Hanley Ramirez and trust that cunt Loria ONE MORE TIME....the next year he blows it all up and hes making profits and the Marlins are making last place finishes.

Its a sick cycle, and I am not falling for it again. I love the Marlins franchise, but won't get broken hearted again.

Well, you know how a lot of us feel about the Dolans, Indians owners....who made no effort to keep the likes of CC Sabathia, Victor Martinez, Cliff Lee and others after the 2007 season. (when the Indians should have probably won the WS...lost the ALCS after holding a 3-1 lead...and would have beaten the Rockies)

This is great. Trashtalking between 2 teams that have been irrelevant for a while. Only before Week 1... SMH

(Well... the Phins can trashtalk the 4 weeks they play the Jets and Bills, we don't have that luxury in our division.)

I am trying to be civil, nothing wrong with healthy discussion and debate before a game between teams that arent hated rivals.

Well, you know how a lot of us feel about the Dolans, Indians owners....who made no effort to keep the likes of CC Sabathia, Victor Martinez, Cliff Lee and others after the 2007 season. (when the Indians should have probably won the WS...lost the ALCS after holding a 3-1 lead...and would have beaten the Rockies)

God that sucks, I remember rooting for the Indians that year.

I hear ya. Some of the "over the top" stuff in this thread just makes me laugh

Agreed, every fanbase has em, too bad.

Try living in Charlotte NC listening to the same old crap from panther fans that "this is their year" etc....Steve Smith is awesome, but like 78 years old, and they are all counting on Ted Ginn here which as a dolfan is fucking hysterical!

Agreed, every fanbase has em, too bad.

Try living in Charlotte NC listening to the same old crap from panther fans that "this is their year" etc....Steve Smith is awesome, but like 78 years old, and they are all counting on Ted Ginn here which as a dolfan is fucking hysterical!

As a Buckeyes fan, I always wished Ginn would have done better in the NFL than he did... great athlete, but was never a consistent receiver at the pro level.

As a Buckeyes fan, I always wished Ginn would have done better in the NFL than he did... great athlete, but was never a consistent receiver at the pro level.

But he is still extremely dangerous as a return man. At least for KO returns he is better than anyone on our roster.

I wouldn't. Ginn is not Devon Hester, but nobody is Tedd Ginn Jr either. He's already run some back in preseason for San Francisco (as if they need the help...). I loved the guy on STs, just not in the lineup.

And guys, there's no reason not to be civil here. The Dolphins and the Browns have no reason to hate each other lol. I do however, HATE HATE HATE HATE The Steelers!!! So regardless of what happens this week, you guys make sure and beat those sorry sacks of strip mining shit! Twice!

Go Dolphins!

I wouldn't. Ginn is not Devon Hester, but nobody is Tedd Ginn Jr either. He's already run some back in preseason for San Francisco (as if they need the help...). I loved the guy on STs, just not in the lineup.

And guys, there's no reason not to be civil here. The Dolphins and the Browns have no reason to hate each other lol. I do however, HATE HATE HATE HATE The Steelers!!! So regardless of what happens this week, you guys make sure and beat those sorry sacks of strip mining shit! Twice!

Go Dolphins!

we damn sure plan on it, after beating you guys ?

Go Dolphins!

All in good fun my man. You should see what the Jets fans post in here a few years back.

Go Dolphins!

Uhhhhhh......... 178354952.0_standard_352.0.jpg

Archived