THE BROWNS BOARD

Dolphin Fans: A Bunch of Tools

Shep

Here's my biggest concern: If Gordon and Mingo don't play, that's a lot of speed, a lot of explosion, a lot of splash play potential simply erased from the lineup.

When you take a way a team's starting "big play" WR and most physically gifted and "special" edge rusher, that's a lot in the 2013 version of the league.

The Dolphins are feeling pretty swagger-ey about their offensive battery right now. They think Tannehill is ready to be a star and they went out and got him weapons to spare. Can we match that with Weeden without Gordon?

I wish we had the full squad but we don't. I'd REALLY love to get Mingo back and beat the living shit out of Tannehill. That'd be the path to victory.

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tannehill is a tool.

This is Greg Little's game. His chance to establish himself as a true #1 receiver. The world is his oyster. The Dolphins corners aren't great ... I think they start Brent Grimes and Dmitiri Patterson .. a guy we passed over and a guy we let walk. Little can have a huge day. It's all on him.

Weeden 22-34 296 2-1

Richardson 28 - 129 1 Td

Greg Little 8-146-2 TD

Browns win

Zombo

Chill... Mingo is a still a bit player and Benjamin is our true deep threat (but only if used short early).

Except for the fact that Ryan does not have a LT capable of protecting his blindside, the game boils down to Wheezy and Tannehill vs the opposing D's, which has an excellent chance of being a "wash".

So the game could come down to the dreaded "home field advantage".

We still have some very talented edge rushers in Kruger and Sheard.

Sheard is a BEAST and will make Tannehill have nightmares of him coming at him from everywhere for weeks.

Our Front seven will reach Tannehill and put lots of pressure on him. T.J. Ward, Haden, Skrine, Owen and Gipson should have no trouble covering Wideouts for the 1.5 to 2 seconds it will take our guys to breach their offensive line.

Gordon will be missed but only for his special playmaking/highlight catches. It will be all Little, Cameron and Richardson cramming a lose down the tuna's throat.

Browns 44 - Dolphins 16

Yeah, it is Grimes and Patterson... but I'm not sure that's good. Patterson has a huge vendetta in mind, says what happened in Cleveland "had nothing to do with football." Grimes had a pretty terrific preseason and their media said he looked "every inch a shutdown corner."

Aside from Cameron Wake and Ellerbe, their defense is a little nondescript. Wallace, Hartline, and Gipson? Eh. We'll see.

It'd be a great win. Gives us another week to get well and off suspension.

We need to start winning at home, and this is a team just like us- they think their fortunes are on the rise. A win for the Browns, even if it is ugly means confidence. I'm not going to even mention the "L" word

Missing Mingo for the opener is not that big of a deal. I truly trust Groves as our 3rd OLB at this point anyway.

Missing Gordon will be big, but you have to trust that Norv will have a game plan that will work without him in there...

Predicting a Browns win... close... 27-24

I think the Browns defense will suprise, even without Mingo.

Also, if Weeden is on target and even a Game Manager type QB the Browns will win.

But if Weeds shits a brick the browns

will lose. That simple

true that.

i think a lot of people are putting a lot of positive hype on miami with tannehill, yet not seeing the same with the browns.

i think out defense is top 10 even w/o mingo.

gordon is a dumbass for getting suspended but like Z i agree this is where little has to step up (and as tour2ma...benjamin).

i think we break the dolphins in half early on and it's 31-13 brownies.

cameron has 2 tds himself behind TRs 2 and a tom tupa field goal.

Sobo was really on top of how Horton feels about DBs (his former position)... and just repeated it: He simply doesn't put a high premium on corners, period. He thinks it's all about the pass rush, which is why the Browns made it such a priority (Mingo, Kruger, Groves, Bryant, Bryant joining Sheard, now a couple more waiver guys).

Interesting. I know I overstate it a lot, like my mother could play #2 corner given that you can't breathe on a receiver anymore and any quarterback's gonna lay 400 on you if you don't rattle the pocket fast and often... but Horton might be even more radical than I am.

Oh, and Sobes also repeated that this Browns staff thought highly of Skrine from day one and felt that he was ready to start.

Eager to see just how aggressive he is on Sunday after holding back so much in the preseason. I've read over and over that he showed almost nothing they play to do.

Missing Mingo for the opener is not that big of a deal. I truly trust Groves as our 3rd OLB at this point anyway.

Missing Gordon will be big, but you have to trust that Norv will have a game plan that will work without him in there...

Predicting a Browns win... close... 27-24

The Browns rarely win any way but close. Usually the last 20 seconds. At least it seems that way.

1. First thing I'd like to see this Sunday is 85 to 95% of the seats occupied by the time players are introduced, and a real "home field" advantage.

2. Next thing is, by the time the game ends, I would like to be able to have to still have faith in the coaching staff and their game management.

3. And most important of all, an opening day win. Browns win 28-24

Things I think we'll see:

1. Weeden in the shotgun about 70% of the time.

2. A lot of carries for T-Rich, more than we'll see when Gordon returns.

3. 8 or more catches for Bess, mostly on third down.

4. Blitz-crazed aggression from Horton because we're facing a young QB.

5. Stuff we didn't show in preseason: Horton likes blitzes up the middle and Robertson was born for it. He's quick.

6. Good returns from Benjamin and Rainey. Field position will be key.

7. Browns might be a little more conservative on offense than they will be later. 23-17 Browns.

hey..If I'm wrong..I'm wrong...Everyone seems so cocky and confident were gonna win..how can we not lose?..I hope we win..I'm just not feeling it.

it's not like the browns haven't stunk up a game with only 2 field goals.

ask the scottsmen in the forum who come to the big tailgate every year. they bought shirts saying "i travelled 3,000 miles and all i got was 2 field goals."

i believe they are going to win and be a much improved team this year and actually fight for the division title...

BUT

i've said the same things after regime changes and brand new coaches and brand new schemes(except holmgren) and have been kicked in the nuts by reality way too often.

Yeah, the arrow on Mingo is definitely aimed upward. I saw a tweet that said everybody (team docs) feel pretty confident his scan will go just fine and then he's likely to be listed at "questionable," or 50/50. I'd like to see him in uniform, even if he just gets five or six snaps on obvious passing downs.

Line is even, over/under is 43 points. It's one of our more important openers because you'd love to get to game three with Gordon and a fully healthy Mingo no worse than 1-1.

Oh, other great news tweeted just an hour ago: Lauvao walked into the locker room with no walking boot and no limp. Coaches are saying they'll still hold him out, reevaluate next week. Could be he only misses one game. This comes on the heels of somebody at OBR hearing me might have "a procedure." Doesn't look that way.

Dolphins had top ten defense last season. Seem to be healthy for Sunday. 2012 offense near bottom of league.

Browns should be able to pressure Tannehill and force him into mistakes.

Dolphins were 2 -6 on road last season. 1 - 4 in season openers past 5 seasons.

They lose top TD scorer Bush to Detroit. Running game a mystery .

Turners play calling seems to be focusing on Browns strengths which should open up the offense compared 2012

TRich seems 100/% but I am still not sold on his durability. ( I will be very surprised if he starts 16 gams this season.)

I'd like to see Norv continue to get TE's involved especially Cameron. I pick him as my breakout player of the year.

Bess should be able to help out with the Miami prep work.

Browns have the DL and LB depth to keep intense pressure on Tannehill all day long. He will be hating life in the second half.

Cleveland's offense comes alive in second half. Ray Horton satisfied with D's performance.

Browns 20 Dolphins 10

Archived