THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns Cuts

drocksthaparty

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dont post on here much, because people think I spam the site, but I can confirm both of these cuts

I talked to both of them earlier. They were released 2 hours ago.

http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/browns_release_preseason_hero_cordell_roberson/14377112

Why, with only 35 posts would people think you spam the site? What does that mean with my nearly 16,000 posts?

I haven't been able to watch the preseason games, but I thought that I read where Tommy Smith and Cordell Roberson have both looked pretty solid, at least at times, so those two cuts seem a bit surprising to me.

Maybe some mind games at work to cut some players you're hoping to have on your practice squad in the round of cuts before 53 as they may sneak under the radar a bit better. I may also just be reading into it, and these guys were just the most cut-able at the time. IDK.

Norwood seemed to be a guy the old regime liked but I suppose this one didn't. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets a look somewhere else.

Norwood seemed to be a guy the old regime liked but I suppose this one didn't. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets a look somewhere else.

Yeah, maybe he will catch on with one of those WCO hybrid teams. I think his biggest problem was staying healthy.

Zombo

As expected Dion Lewis gone for the year.

They might have held out hope for a return half way through the year, but since Cook did well in the game, and Jackson able to fill that hole as a shiftier RB, I can see why they just stuck him on IR. Expect another preseason next year with a large crop of good RB's.

Norwood sucks,,,

As expected Dion Lewis gone for the year.

Yeah- even with the new two flavors of IR- the Browns didn't wait until after September 4th to put him on IR and designate him for return, Means they must think this is at least a 10+ week injury.

Here's the new rules:

Previously, any player put on IR was lost for the entire season. Now, if a player is hurt and put on injured reserve after Sept. 4, that player may return to the active roster eight weeks after the IR designation, and the player must be on the IR list for at least six weeks. In addition, a player must be "designated for return" at the time of his IR classification, which means that a team must anticipate a player's ability to return midseason. Teams can't just hope their key injured player will recover in time.

PS Mik- this is not a "yawn" deal- Lewis was bought in to be at least the designated 3rd down back. or possibly the guy who was going to spell Richardson.

must be incredibly easy to make it on an NFL roster if one who "sucks" can slide in. Norwood is a great athlete, hope he gets on with another team

He was nothing special..I'm sure you'll get over him...

Still waiting on announcement from Browns with todays cuts. I know they have to do something about 7-8 more players. But, in the interim, here are a few names available. What do you think about them?:

CB Will Blackmon cut by Seahawks

FS Markell Martin cut by Titan

TE Mickey Shuler cut by Cards

OG Otis Hudson cut by Bengals

RB Davin Meggett cut by Colts

And here is a link to all the other recent transactions....Any names look tempting?:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/transactions

Why, with only 35 posts would people think you spam the site? What does that mean with my nearly 16,000 posts?

Superspam?

The two guys we picks up. The Punter seems to have had a good preseason thus far.

Hazel, a 6-5, 227-pound outside linebacker from Western Michigan, was waived by the Jaguars Sunday. Signed as a non-drafted free agent by Jacksonville following the 2013 draft, he had four tackles this preseason. In college, Hazel played 49 games with 19 starts, posting 104 tackles (55 solo), 24 tackles for loss, 17.5 sacks, six pass breakups, seven forced fumbles and one fumble recovery. He also saw action on the WMU basketball team during the 2012-13 season. Hazel was all-county in both football and basketball at South Miami (Fla.) High School.

Schmidt, a 5-11, 220-pound punter in his rookie season out of California-Davis, originally signed with the 49ers as an undrafted free agent on July 15. He appeared in all three of San Francisco’s preseason games and booted four punts for 201 yards (50.3 average) with a net of 47.0 yards, landing two inside the 20-yard line. At UC-Davis, Schmidt set a school record with a 41.1-yard career gross average. A native of Bakersfield, Calif., he graduated from Liberty High School.

Archived