THE BROWNS BOARD

Riley Cooper Racist Comment ... Teammates Gonna Love Him

Zombo

http://deadspin.com/eagles-wr-riley-cooper-at-concert-i-will-fight-every-979470075

A video of Philadelphia Eagles wide receiver Riley Cooper uttering a racial slur at a Kenny Chesney concert surfaced Wednesday.

NFC East blog

graziano_dan_m.jpgESPN.com's Dan Graziano writes about all things NFC East in his division blog.

Blog network: NFL Nation

In the video, Cooper vowed to "fight every n-----" at the July concert in Philadelphia. Riley issued an apology Wednesday afternoon.

Eagles owner Jeffrey Lurie said Cooper has been fined by the team.

"We are shocked and appalled by Riley Cooper's words," Lurie said in a statement. "This sort of behavior or attitude from anyone has no role in a civil society. He has accepted responsibility for his words and his actions. He has been fined for this incident."

The NFL also issued a statement on Cooper: "The NFL stands for diversity and inclusion. Comments like this are wrong, offensive, and unacceptable."

Cooper, 25, has 46 catches for 679 yards and five touchdowns in 40 career games. He is expected to assume a larger role in the Eagles' offense this year after the season-ending injury to Jeremy Maclin.

"I am so ashamed and disgusted with myself," Cooper said in a statement. "I want to apologize. I have been offensive. I have apologized to my coach, to Jeffrey Lurie, to Howie Roseman and to my teammates. I owe an apology to the fans and to this community. I am so ashamed, but there are no excuses. What I did was wrong and I will accept the consequences."

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Were I work, the N word is used all the time by black people talking to each other. And they are shocked when white people use the N word??????????

Get over it. If you don't want people to use the N word........stop using it yourselves

So I like how we have posts yelling at the guy with the carmera and black people haha

Forget about the hick redneck at the Cheney concert ...

My point was, why is it such a big deal when white people use the N word? But it's ok for black people to use it? You don't hear white people calling each other "cracker" or "honkey"

First of all I'm guessing he said N*****, not nigga. Also, cracker and honkey don't have decades of racial tension behind them, so who cares?

i could care less either way.

as soon as public enemy, biggie and tupac sold millions of albums to the dumb wannabees in white suburbia and walked away with millions of dollars smiling with their gold teeth, that right there broke that chain of custody of the word N*****.

what i can't rap along to your song without offending some black people? how dare i!

So I like how we have posts yelling at the guy with the carmera and black people haha

Forget about the hick redneck at the Cheney concert ...

So it's ok to call Cooper a hick redneck, but it's not ok for Cooper to use the N word?

Got it!

So it's ok to call Cooper a hick redneck, but it's not ok for Cooper to use the N word?

Got it!

Are there decades of racial tension and prejudice behind the word "redneck"? No.

Hicks can be any race. Hell, I could call a black guy a redneck I guess.

Redneck is an insult for doing redneck things. It is not an insult based completely on your skin color

Are there decades of racial tension and prejudice behind the word "redneck"? No.

Hicks can be any race. Hell, I could call a black guy a redneck I guess.

Redneck is an insult for doing redneck things. It is not an insult based completely on your skin color

After reading this I come to the conclusion you don't even know what the term redneck means, please tell me how you can correlate the word redneck with a black guy???? The meaning has nothing to do with blacks actually quite the opposite...

After reading this I come to the conclusion you don't even know what the term redneck means, please tell me how you can correlate the word redneck with a black guy???? The meaning has nothing to do with blacks actually quite the opposite...

Yeah, yeah, I get where it comes from. But its not an insult for ALL white people. Its for hicks from the south, people that do "redneck" things. Its not an insult meant for any entire race like N***** is.

Do you really find the term redneck offensive?

First of all I'm guessing he said N*****, not nigga. Also, cracker and honkey don't have decades of racial tension behind them, so who cares?

You keep making this 'nigga' 'N*****' distinction. There isn't a distinction. It's like saying 'ask' and 'axe'

And actually honkey and cracker do have decades of racial tension. Whites just don't get as butthurt over it.

I forgot about black slave masters calling white slaves honkies

Or blacks discriminating against honkies with Jim Crow laws...

There's a reason you don't get butt hurt about it.

There clearly is a distinction.

"I'll fight every N***** here, bro"

Vs

"What's good my nigga"

But I'm not looking to get into a debate regarding race with the "blacks across the world have an inferior culture" guy

Hey MLD, why don't you go to a Kanye West concert and have the blacks call you honkie, or cracker. There will FOR SURE be some racial tension

There's no distinction. It's simply how they say "N*****" just like "axe" in place of "ask" or say "cut off" or "cut on" in place of turned on or off. I'll take it easy on you insinuating I'm a racist because I know that's the only face you can save when you're trying to argue with me. Perhaps at some point heck can come by and give you your lines.

Hey MLD, why don't you go to a Kanye West concert and have the blacks call you honkie, or cracker. There will FOR SURE be some racial tension

I could care less. I have no shitty history with the word cracker. I've never been treated as less than others because I'm "a cracker."

I'm not really even sure what you are trying to prove here? Is anyone trying to defend Cooper? Is someone trying to say "Black people use the N word all the time so why cant we?"

Those are both idiot.

Archived