THE BROWNS BOARD

Who'll be watching the senior bowl?

Solon16

Guest Aloysius

Feel better, Al.

I'll be watching. But I tend to fall way behind the game action bc I pause and rewind to focus on multiple spots.

Here's a prediction: Cody Brown will do something to impress you all tonight.

AT HALF

WOW...didn't imaging this....South vs. North is have vs. Havenots....total domination. There are only three guys from the north so far That I'd even want On my team....Larry English...what a battle...between him and LT Michael Oher from Ole miss....both freaking studs. the only other two? Delmas and Chung both safeties. No LB's whatsoever on the north team( puke )

Front 5 from south kickin da sheot out of the Pathetic looking North team.

Lineman who had stood out on south OL to me is OHER top 10 pick easy/ Caldwell from Alabama,wood from louisville ...on dlineman Ayers = stud, Fila Muala solid and consistant penetration. Corvey Irvin (GA)I'd take all-day but the most impressive of the whole of both teams to me has been PERIA JERRY #98 OLE MISS....hasn't even been mentioned by the announcers once...pathetic, i think they just like to hear themselves talk....He is a real good football player

DB's that stood out Pegues from Miss st.

Graham harrell has a weak as fk arm

Interesting is 223 pound ashley Palmer from ol miss playing as olb in this game

I'd take quan cosby(tx0,derrick williams(psu), michael thomas(az) as wideout slot guys.

Andre Brown (rb)will be a good pro...Jennings has flashed some......North team in first half sucked ass. back after game

Guest Aloysius

Some notes from watching the 1st Quarter (been kind of in & out doing other stuff):

- Rashad Jennings looked impressive. Not only did he have a long run, but he absolutely destroyed Larry English on a passing play.

- Larry English was handled by Michael Oher. English did push back TE Anthony Hill on a running play, but he also gave up contain on Jennings' long run. Great week of practices, but not a very good night (so far).

- Antoine Caldwell did a great job on QB John Parker Wilson's TD run. He helped the OG push back Raji, then got to the next level and blocked LB Zack Follett out of the play.

- LB Scott McKillop is a smart, technically-sound player. If he were 15 pounds heavier and a little stronger, he'd be a great 3-4 ILB. Unfortunately, he isn't.

Second half:

South O-lineman killed North d-line...I'll tell you Luigs from (AK), Caldwell(AL),Wood(Louisville and Ungar all played C and G verywell I wouldn't mind any of them.

Only other DB that flashed big was Ellis Lankster from WVA... and maybe macho harris (VT)

Sheets is an interesting back from Purdue but we already have harrison.

There isn't one QB on either side that I'd want on the Browns....maybe Bowmar as a late rounder but not really...

No real good WR's on either side...atleast didn't shine, maybe because of the crappy QB play.... Iglesias had a good game but no one really stood out.

Came away really impressed with Peria Jerry , Ayers for the south D-line. and Oher Lt for South.

Question...how is it Louisville is south and Oklahoma is north?

Some notes from watching the 1st Quarter (been kind of in & out doing other stuff):

- Rashad Jennings looked impressive. Not only did he have a long run, but he absolutely destroyed Larry English on a passing play.

- Larry English was handled by Michael Oher. English did push back TE Anthony Hill on a running play, but he also gave up contain on Jennings' long run. Great week of practices, but not a very good night (so far).

- Antoine Caldwell did a great job on QB John Parker Wilson's TD run. He helped the OG push back Raji, then got to the next level and blocked LB Zack Follett out of the play.

- LB Scott McKillop is a smart, technically-sound player. If he were 15 pounds heavier and a little stronger, he'd be a great 3-4 ILB. Unfortunately, he isn't.

ALOY...it was a real battle between Oher and English....loved watching that matchup most of the game....Jerry dominated I thought ...great hustle,constant penetration in backfield and was man handling guys. could he take robaires' spot or is he too small for the 3 technique

Guest Aloysius
Only other DB that flashed big was Ellis Lankster from WVA

Mayock was ripping him for getting beat in 3 deep zone coverage on a play in the closing minute of the 1st half. For some reason, Lankster started running his own little post route, allowing Iglesias to get behind him.

Sheets is an interesting back from Purdue but we already have harrison.

Sheets is actually smaller than Harrison (5'11", 203 lbs.), but he runs a lot bigger.

Mayock was ripping him for getting beat in 3 deep zone coverage on a play in the closing minute of the 1st half. For some reason, Lankster started running his own little post route, allowing Iglesias to get behind him.

Sheets is actually smaller than Harrison (5'11", 203 lbs.), but he runs a lot bigger.

Lankster a two knuckle head plays but to me shined more often....no one else beside pegues showed up...alonzo dropped a sure TD from harrell but other than than Delmas,and lankster were the only notables...oh yeah and chung. Didn't see or hear a peep out of anyone else....

maualuga blew that screen up. great play in the beginning of the third quarter.

Who stood out most to you....who was most suprising? Who was your disappointment?

For me the hORRIBLE qB PLAY WAS MOST SURPRISING AND MOST DISAPPOINTING.

BEST -Caldwell/Wood,we really need to add more picks to get one of these guys

GOOD-Iglesias, or the DB's just plain sucked

OMG Does he suck - Harrell

Note- announcers seemed to have a major mancrush on Roebiskie

I was unfortunately out of the house when it was on but was told that Mack looked better in the game than he did during the practices. Any truth to this? Either way I imagine it will re-air on NFL network. I'm still very interested in all of this which is why I'm here posting. The Steelers boards are obviously somewhere else and for good reason. Good Post Al.

Oh I also read that Pat White looked pretty good even though this suggests he'll be working out with the WR's come combine time. I doubt he tries to play QB and hope the Steelers take a look at him for his return ability. Although we do have Dixon and I really have no idea what Pittsburgh plans to do with him. Groom him as second in command? not that any of you give a shit. :)

the QB play, while disappointing, wasn't all that surprising. none of the guys in this game was projected to be a great pick except for pat white, and he won't be an NFL QB.

the QB play was very disappointing, though.

rashad jennings and rey impressed me most, and alphonso smith would be on that list, too, if he'd caught the ball on what would've been a pick six. smith looks like he's going to be a special player, a gambler who gets it right more often than not.

larry english had a disappointing game. though solid against the run, he didn't make an impact in the passing game. however, his initial burst and stoutness vs. the run make him a great pick for any team. he's round one material now.

the QB play, while disappointing, wasn't all that surprising. none of the guys in this game was projected to be a great pick except for pat white, and he won't be an NFL QB.

the QB play was very disappointing, though.

rashad jennings and rey impressed me most, and alphonso smith would be on that list, too, if he'd caught the ball on what would've been a pick six. smith looks like he's going to be a special player, a gambler who gets it right more often than not.

larry english had a disappointing game. though solid against the run, he didn't make an impact in the passing game. however, his initial burst and stoutness vs. the run make him a great pick for any team. he's round one material now.

English...i thought had a decent game but was neutralized by Oher....Oher is an excellent LT. Smith from wake had ok game but nothing to write home about. Harrell gave him a TD that he dropped...harrell is a noodle arm which after watching him in the Big 12 all year super surprised me. Did he have the flu or is he a terrible QB? leaning to the latter... Agree the Qb's looked horrible...Bowmar was the only "Arm" IMO but made some bad decisions. I can't understand why the DB's didn't light it up during the Game....I bet Jenkins wished he would have played in this game....I believe he would have had 15 picks. :lol:

Archived