THE BROWNS BOARD

Paula Deen

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess it depends on whether or not she's using the word on a regular basis in public today. She is a television personality and a saleable commodity. If the Food Network feels its damaging their brand then they might have a case. She was raised in the South in the 19 fifties so I'd be damned surprised if she'd never said the word. That being said I think we are ridiculously over sensitive but that's how it goes.

WSS

Typing it out for context and impact counts. Vapor said it and I did on this thread. Bunker called Obama that once and Heck commented on it using the full word for the effect. That's close to half the regulars here and only once was it used hatefully. Bunker of course.

Paula deen got fired for that and being honest enough to say that. That's a lot of bullshit. I'm not afraid to use the word in the context of this arguement. That's gutless. And I think you're lying.

I did hear her video tape response which I thought was way over the top. Just say yes I used it in the past realize I shouldn't have and I don't anymore. Sorry if I've offended someone. But its so much fun for the self righteous folks to make her grovel isn't it?

Before I assume what's your take Heck?

WSS

I did hear her video tape response which I thought was way over the top. Just say yes I used it in the past realize I shouldn't have and I don't anymore. Sorry if I've offended someone. But its so much fun for the self righteous folks to make her grovel isn't it?

Before I assume what's your take Heck?

WSS

I think she's a fairly typical Southern woman in her 60s, much like many of my in-laws/relatives, who were raised in that world and are both proud of and struggle with their history. I think the initial lawsuit was bullshit and a shakedown.

I actually feel sort of badly for her. Her racial attitudes may be a bit passe, but hardly worth running her off TV. I think it's just an example of the way Americans try to deal with racism without actually dealing with it.

She just recently admitted she had used the n word a LONG TIME AGO.

What the hell is all the crap about ?

I agree with this pastor (who happens to be black)

http://www.glennbeck.com/2013/06/24/african-american-pastor-paula-deen-scandal-shows-out-of-control-political-correctness/

I think she's a fairly typical Southern woman in her 60s, much like many of my in-laws/relatives, who were raised in that world and are both proud of and struggle with their history. I think the initial lawsuit was bullshit and a shakedown.

I actually feel sort of badly for her. Her racial attitudes may be a bit passe, but hardly worth running her off TV. I think it's just an example of the way Americans try to deal with racism without actually dealing with it.

I tend to agree with you.

I do think that the example is actively counter productive.

WSS

i use it all the time. not in hate or to be demonstrative, it's how my friends and i communicate with each other.

of course i understand the view of the black people who hear a white person use the word. but THEY also have to take a long look in the mirror when it comes to that word still being around today. rap music, comedians etc. all make money using it and it all fine and good to make fun of whitey at the apollo but have a white person drops the n word better watch out.

i use it all the time. not in hate or to be demonstrative, it's how my friends and i communicate with each other.

of course i understand the view of the black people who hear a white person use the word. but THEY also have to take a long look in the mirror when it comes to that word still being around today. rap music, comedians etc. all make money using it and it all fine and good to make fun of whitey at the apollo but have a white person drops the n word better watch out.

Niggah

N*****

Now someone post that white teacher, or the Boondocks version of it

Good thing Paula Deen didn't say that.

They can't hound me out off tv bub. Im free to say whatever the fuck I want. After seeing this video today of a black breaking into a white couples home in New Jersey beating the fuck out of the woman and in front of her 3 year old daughter I have little sympathy for the black community right now.

That's not real news though because some poor black wasn't the victim.

Some comedian said something along the lines of

Paula Dean has done more damage to the black community with her food than anything she's said

Woody, you are a dumb fuck. What do you think southern cooking is? What Paula Dean cooks. Southern cooking is black cooking. Ever been to the south? Live and learn grasshopper.

They can't hound me out off tv bub. Im free to say whatever the fuck I want. After seeing this video today of a black breaking into a white couples home in New Jersey beating the fuck out of the woman and in front of her 3 year old daughter I have little sympathy for the black community right now.

That's not real news though because some poor black wasn't the victim.

We agree on this for sure. I better take my meds.

Archived