THE BROWNS BOARD

Everett Golson No Longer Enrolled At Notre Dame

Hahaha, whatever you want to tell yourself.

There's no "academic scandal" at Michigan.

The shit Tressel was involved in his entire career is well documented. This OSU mindset that the only thing wrong was dome innocent kids selling trinkets while Tressrl tried to protect his kids is laughable.

I understand you wanted to change the subject though. You clearly weren't winning the first argument. Kids that go to Oberlin my act like they go to Harvard, but its not. Michigan is a superior school to those you've mentioned. I've provided plenty of reasons why. Tiny little hippie tree hugger school may be ranked high in "Post Medieval English Poetry", and that's great, but it doesn't make it academically superior to Michigan.

If you want to try to just avoid this argument, and make ridiculous claims about Michigan while ignoring OSUs "colorful" history, go ahead. Call Hayes punching a kid "getting caught up in the moment". Call Tressels lying to the NCAA just "protecting his kids" and ignore his entire career of scandal.

Do what you have to do to convince yourself....

Hahaha, whatever you want to tell yourself.

There's no "academic scandal" at Michigan.

Yea, everybody else lies. Nobody at Michigan cheated. Keep convincing yourself.

The shit Tressel was involved in his entire career is well documented. This OSU mindset that the only thing wrong was dome innocent kids selling trinkets while Tressrl tried to protect his kids is laughable.

It is laughable....because it is true. It is laughable not because it is not true, but because it is. Yes, those kids sold the trinkets they were given to them. Again, if they belonged to them, why were they not free to do with them what they want? If they gave them a sticker with a smiley face on it, would they not also be able to dispose of that how they chose?

I understand you wanted to change the subject though. You clearly weren't winning the first argument.

I wasn't winning, I had won. Game, set, match.

Kids that go to Oberlin my act like they go to Harvard, but its not. Michigan is a superior school to those you've mentioned.

Maybe Harvard is considered "better" than Oberlin. (It may not, in fact, be better) Michigan certainly is not.

I've provided plenty of reasons why. Tiny little hippie tree hugger school may be ranked high in "Post Medieval English Poetry", and that's great, but it doesn't make it academically superior to Michigan.

All you have shown is that Michigan is bigger, with more programs. That's it.

If you want to try to just avoid this argument, and make ridiculous claims about Michigan while ignoring OSUs "colorful" history, go ahead. Call Hayes punching a kid "getting caught up in the moment". Call Tressels lying to the NCAA just "protecting his kids" and ignore his entire career of scandal.

Do what you have to do to convince yourself....

What would you call Hayes punch? Premeditated. See how stupid you sound? Comes from a poor education. And you have shown that you can stick your head in the sand as good as any ostrich while the Michigan program is investigated by the NCAA/IRS/FBI/CIA/BBC/XYZ.

Face it: bottom line, where would you send your kids to college.

I did send my kid to Kenyon. I would have sent him to Oberlin, Denison, John Carroll, Wittenberg, and Miami, Oh. as he was accepted to those schools. Other schools considered but not applied to: Kalamazoo College, Notre Dame (Indiana, not Ohio), Duke, Cornell. He chose to stick to in state schools.

I would not have sent him to Michigan, but don't feel bad, I would not have sent him to Ohio St., or Michigan St. or any of those size schools.

Of course, that was then, this is now. He now works for a Big Ten School: the University of Minnesota, running their pharmacology lab. After a couple of years he will choose a grad school. Cornell is high on that list because he interned there and is familiar with it. I personally would not now mind if he went to Harvard/Stanford/Duke/MIT/Cal-Berkely....and a few others. But that is just because I know their reputations, which may have nothing to do with where he needs to go to pursue his field. He tells me that playing the school "name game" is a fool's game, because the most important thing is the quality of the niche field you will be studying in, and that niche could take him anywhere....Cornell, Minnesota, Michigan State, even Ohio State or Michigan. Or maybe Yabba Dabba Do University.

As for my daughter, she too chose to go to a small school....but instead of an isolated place like Kenyon she is in one of the biggest cities now in the nation: San Antonio. But, it is a nice small school in a big city. And it was her first and only choice. So we didn't go through the same process as with my son.

And her major is going to be sports managment and marketing, so being in a bigger city with internship opportunities around her for doing that is better.

Though, I have given her the website to try to get an internship with the Browns and Indians next summer. Who knows?

No one gives a shit that they sold their awards. OSU fans ALWAYS miss this point. They broke a rule, whether or not you agree with it, but that wasn't the main point. It was that Tressel LIED to the NCAA to keep ineligible players on the field. That's the scandal. Throw in Pryor driving around in a different brand new car every few weeks, Maurice Clarette, past player statements, and everything that went down at YSU and you've got a dirty coach.

You really think you won that argument? Lol. And you follow that up with "Maybe Oberlin is as good as Harvard".lol .

You posted some "Top Liberal Arts Schools" ranking that had these schools 30 and up. I responded with ranking After ranking of top 20, 10, and 5 program rankings at Michigan. Many of which These LACs have. But now its not fair cuz they're tiny? Alright... "Oberlin doesn't have that.... or that... or that.... or that... but its totally superior!"

How is it superior? What have you shown to say it is? Michigan has vastly more programs and they're all some of the top programs in the country. What have you shown? People from Ohio think Oberlin is Harvard? Oh boy!

Premeditated? Never fucking said that. Don't put words in my mouth, even if its your best strategy here. He punched a player on the other team and got fired. You can write that off as "some poor guy getting caught up in the moment" all you want. Almost every other coach in history seems to have avoided punching a player on the other team just fine.

You are telling ME that I'm putting my head in the sand? HAHAHA. Oh man that's great. Yeah, keep pulling at phantom academic fraud and a scandal from decades ago. Its not like you guys just fired a coach, had wins revoked, and missed a bowl game or anything...

There is a good SI article on Tressel about his time at YSU. You should read it.

And now its just a "name game". "Oberlin is better just because. Also prestige isn't everything anyway so there!"....

Alright. sure, you totally "won" this argument.

Nope just stating the facts rated 5th in the country.

Here is the review;

The University of Michigan-Ann Arbor

Positives: This campus is known mostly for its colossal student body and football team (which means lots of "curious" athletes!), but what many don't realize is that it has perhaps one of the country's finest musical theater programs.

Negatives: Do you know how cold it gets in Michigan? Also, there's not much to do in town off-campus, but with a campus this large, it shouldn't matter.

Which Gays Should Go There: Show queens.

LOL!!

Archived