THE BROWNS BOARD

Cb: Leon Mcfadden

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

weed is not physically addictive at all, but it can create a mental dependency

This distinction does not exist except as a justification used by potheads to keep toking. Addiction is only measured by your behavior, so this is completely meaningless. The "source" of the addiction doesn't matter in any way.

The way you know you're addicted is simple: Can you quit, yes or no.. and not just talk about it, but actually do it.

Potheads often assert they "could" quit.. but they don't want to, or they don't need to, or whatever.. and so their actions show addiction.

Pretty sure it's a fact that marijuana is not physically addictive. Not sure what you're getting at here.

I don't believe cocaine is physically addictive either - doesn't stop it from being the #1 import to America.

Mental dependency is a real thing, look at all the addicts and alcoholics who continually relapse.

This distinction does not exist except as a justification used by potheads to keep toking.

Addiction is only measured by the actions of the person who is addicted: People relapse because they're addicted and are not willing to commit to 12-step, the only outpatient process proven to actually eliminate addiction. It doesn't matter what the reason is: They did drugs, and they have control over their actions.

Look, if they don't WANT to change, then great: Go sick. Do as many drugs as you want, I don't care. But that is ultimately the point: They don't want to change their actions because they're addicted.

Again: There is no such thing as "physical or mental" addiction -- there's just addiction, because addiction is only measured by the actions of the person who is addicted. The definition of addiction does not make any distinction.. it's simply the term for the state of a person who doesn't stop taking drugs.

Ultimately that's the test -- If a potsmoker isn't addicted, then ask them to stop. Now. But they never do.. and that's why they're addicts, because of the action, not because of the ridiculous spin they invent to justify that drug use. If they can stop, but don't.. they're addicts. If they can't stop and don't.. they're addicts. Why? The same action happened -- they kept smoking weed. If they can stop and do stop smoking weed for an extended period -- they're not addicted. Simple.

Inpatient treatment also works because it removes the ability of the person to escape reality through their addiction.

Seriously, you're not an addiction professional -- it's truly bizarre to me that you actually think your "opinion" has validity. I think surgeries shouldn't need anesthesia, all those weak people really need is a musket ball and scotch! So damn those "doctors" who say things about pain, I've got a thought!

If your first sentence is a fact, paste the link to the peer-reviewed medical journal article supporting your assertion. When you can't find it, you're wrong.

Addiction is only measured by the actions of the person who is addicted: People relapse because they're addicted and are not willing to commit to 12-step, the only outpatient process proven to actually eliminate addiction.

Inpatient treatment also works because it removes the ability of the person to escape reality through their addiction.

Seriously, you're not an addiction professional -- it's truly bizarre to me that you actually think your "opinion" has validity. I think surgeries shouldn't need anesthesia, all those weak people really need is a musket ball and scotch! So damn those "doctors" who say things about pain, I've got a thought!

If your first sentence is a fact, paste the link to the peer-reviewed medical journal article supporting your assertion. When you can't find it, you're wrong.

haha damn buddy..

Cleary something you're a lot more passionate about than I am, way off the reservation here... we'll just have to agree to disagree I suppose.

"Chill on he needs monitored"???? You need to wake up before you post. He needs to be a MAN. We'll see if that happens, but nothing in his past says he will.

Mathieu obviously ignores the fact "weed" is NOT an accepted substance.

He ignores his responsibility to rules, coaching, & team play. MANY infractions by his own admission.

A year off football (gym wasn't closed) & has FOUR reps with weights at the combine?=LAZY!

Damn near illiterate (judging by a number of interviews).

Finally, there are so many red flags on Mathieu it's almost comical. Fill is pockets with $$$ and see what happens. I'm damn glad we didn't touch him. Our players & coaches are NOT babysitters.

Mike

Mathieu is nothing but RISK.

The guy knew he had millions waiting for him in a few months, yet continuously burned it down and failed tests.

I really don't think Mathieu will go back to his old ways, given the likely success on the field.

Additionally, we all know that contract he signed is a lot better for him if he stays clean..

I think our FO just didn't like him.

How many people do you know that can't get their lives together because of weed? I know people who will fail a drug test and stuff like that, but I don't know anyone who just can't live life because of weed.

He was a college kid and he only went to rehab because he failed a drug test and it's what he had to do to improve his image. He passed his latest drug test and that should be the end of it. I hate when I see people talk about weed being so bad when alcohol is worse and I'm sure you consume a good amount of that.

What's the point of your link? That multiple drugs are addictive at different levels? So you agree that weed is addictive?

How, exactly, does my link not "support the magnitude of" my statement? Because you don't want it to?

You said it's "extremely addictive." It isn't.

yeah cal.

i betcha michael irving and LT went to church every sunday too. you'd have given you're left nut to have them on the browns.

fuggin hypocrites.

love to see what half of you have in your closets (besides your dead decaying wives).

How many people do you know that can't get their lives together because of weed? I know people who will fail a drug test and stuff like that, but I don't know anyone who just can't live life because of weed.

He was a college kid and he only went to rehab because he failed a drug test and it's what he had to do to improve his image. He passed his latest drug test and that should be the end of it. I hate when I see people talk about weed being so bad when alcohol is worse and I'm sure you consume a good amount of that.

It's not that he failed "A" drug test- he failed a truckload of them, and got kicked off LSU's team as a result. Slow learner, no? Hmmmm.... sort of like the drunk that picks up around 4 DUIs and loses his job because of it.

If I'm personnel director of XYZ company and a guy shows up wanting to work for me with 4 DUIs on his resume, you think I'm going to hire him? Probably not. :) Once is a mistake- a bunch of times? You have a major problem, pal.

Remains to be seen if the Rehab worked or not. He's going to have to have a massive lifestyle change. Lotsa luck TM.

Why is weed slowly being legalized for not only medicinal use but as well as recreational use in 2 states?

Why do people with ADD choose to smoke weed instead of taking the copious pills that doctors assign them to take? Cuz its healthier and safer for the human body.

Why do people insist on drinking coffee? That is a drug, Caffeine, and it affects people. And if u do enough of it, it will begin to affect u negatively, like EVERY substance known to man, even water can kill u if u drink enough of it.

Its being legalized and decriminalized because marijuana was a big money maker for the DEA and Reagen Era, and the view is outdated, and slowly but surely will be updated, 80% of what the DEA seizes is fucking marijuana, not coke, not meth, not bath salts. Weed.

When it is legailzed, and it WILL be legalized....then the moderations will be put into affect just like alcohol. One wont be able to have it within 5 ft reach in a vehicle, u cant drive high (same as a DUI) and u only do it in certain designated areas, just like alcohol.

I know stock brokers, business owners, teachers, bankers, executives (family) that burn down. Ive done it for 5 years and im not affected by it one bit. It is a privilege and commodity like alcohol, and can be socially consumed and active just like it.

This is a football forum, but i do feel passionate about marijuana use, and hope that more people can smoke it, and see what it does for mind, and thinking about life around us. Its made me a better, more open minded person. And i accept other peoples differences almost with more intrigue and excitement only because weed has shown me a different viewpoint of our own plane of reality here on little Earth. It is a beautiful thing and feeling, and u can bet before kickoff every Sunday, im burnin down then watching the browns, prolly my favorite thing to do ripped, watch Cleveland kick ass.

Thank you for reading.

Why is weed slowly being legalized for not only medicinal use but as well as recreational use in 2 states?

Why do people with ADD choose to smoke weed instead of taking the copious pills that doctors assign them to take? Cuz its healthier and safer for the human body.

Why do people insist on drinking coffee? That is a drug, Caffeine, and it affects people. And if u do enough of it, it will begin to affect u negatively, like EVERY substance known to man, even water can kill u if u drink enough of it.

Its being legalized and decriminalized because marijuana was a big money maker for the DEA and Reagen Era, and the view is outdated, and slowly but surely will be updated, 80% of what the DEA seizes is fucking marijuana, not coke, not meth, not bath salts. Weed.

When it is legailzed, and it WILL be legalized....then the moderations will be put into affect just like alcohol. One wont be able to have it within 5 ft reach in a vehicle, u cant drive high (same as a DUI) and u only do it in certain designated areas, just like alcohol.

I know stock brokers, business owners, teachers, bankers, executives (family) that burn down. Ive done it for 5 years and im not affected by it one bit. It is a privilege and commodity like alcohol, and can be socially consumed and active just like it.

This is a football forum, but i do feel passionate about marijuana use, and hope that more people can smoke it, and see what it does for mind, and thinking about life around us. Its made me a better, more open minded person. And i accept other peoples differences almost with more intrigue and excitement only because weed has shown me a different viewpoint of our own plane of reality here on little Earth. It is a beautiful thing and feeling, and u can bet before kickoff every Sunday, im burnin down then watching the browns, prolly my favorite thing to do ripped, watch Cleveland kick ass.

Thank you for reading.

Well, this isn't a debate as to whether pot should be legal or not- which I would support incidentally. Uncle Sam is missing out on a multi billion dollar revenue stream. Um, the majority of the Woodstock Generation, which I'm a part of- probably tried every drug known to man at the time, at least once. & LOL, FYI, you can't drive stoned NOW. It's called "impaired driving", the cops don't differentiate if it's booze or drugs you've been doing.

Weed affects different people differently- and it's not quite as harmless as you're making it out to be. A little tired the next day at work after a big stoning episode? I've seen plenty of people get way paranoid, not mellow after lighting up too.

Finally- there's plenty of employers- mine included- that have zero tolerance for illegal (or legal) drug use. I show up for work with booze in my system or test positive for weed, I'm fired on the spot- sorry about that Charlie. Almost all trucking companies have the same policy, and Airlines are even more strict than that.

Well, this isn't a debate as to whether pot should be legal or not- which I would support incidentally. Uncle Sam is missing out on a multi billion dollar revenue stream. Um, the majority of the Woodstock Generation, which I'm a part of- probably tried every drug known to man at the time, at least once. & LOL, FYI, you can't drive stoned NOW. It's called "impaired driving", the cops don't differentiate if it's booze or drugs you've been doing.

Weed affects different people differently- and it's not quite as harmless as you're making it out to be. A little tired the next day at work after a big stoning episode? I've seen plenty of people get way paranoid, not mellow after lighting up too.

Finally- there's plenty of employers- mine included- that have zero tolerance for illegal (or legal) drug use. I show up for work with booze in my system or test positive for weed, I'm fired on the spot- sorry about that Charlie. Almost all trucking companies have the same policy, and Airlines are even more strict than that.

Lots of companies also have zero tolerance policies for tobacco now. This isn't a matter of whether weed should be legal or not, it is a discussion about whether these know pot users can stay clean. The NFL is a buisness and they have the right to tell their employees what substances they deem fit for use. Weed will never be one of them, regardless if it is legal country wide in the future or not, and there is a good chance tobacco can be moved to the banned list in the future as well.

21l4ja1.jpg

Source: The Lancet

I'm gonna go ahead and disagree with you on it being "extremely addictive." Also, the study that you linked does not support the magnitude of your statement.

cool at least now i'm down to the 1-2 level. years ago i would have been off the chart.

Addiction is only measured by the actions of the person who is addicted: People relapse because they're addicted and are not willing to commit to 12-step, the only outpatient process proven to actually eliminate addiction. It doesn't matter what the reason is: They did drugs, and they have control over their actions.

Look, if they don't WANT to change, then great: Go sick. Do as many drugs as you want, I don't care. But that is ultimately the point: They don't want to change their actions because they're addicted.

Again: There is no such thing as "physical or mental" addiction -- there's just addiction, because addiction is only measured by the actions of the person who is addicted. The definition of addiction does not make any distinction.. it's simply the term for the state of a person who doesn't stop taking drugs.

Ultimately that's the test -- If a potsmoker isn't addicted, then ask them to stop. Now. But they never do.. and that's why they're addicts, because of the action, not because of the ridiculous spin they invent to justify that drug use. If they can stop, but don't.. they're addicts. If they can't stop and don't.. they're addicts. Why? The same action happened -- they kept smoking weed. If they can stop and do stop smoking weed for an extended period -- they're not addicted. Simple.

blah blah blah.

you must be one laugh riot at a party. stiff.

A lot of people I know that smoked ended up quitting when they got a good job, or had children.

Why should anyone quit to pass your little test? Some people are Retards and will never quit, but we can't just assume this kid won't ever take responsibility for his life because he failed a bunch of drug tests in college.

Look at Vontaze Burfict, he started for the Bengals last year and was pretty good despite his issues with marijuana. I'm confident he can have a productive career without 'relapsing.'

A lot of people I know that smoked ended up quitting when they got a good job, or had children.

Why should anyone quit to pass your little test? Some people are Retards and will never quit, but we can't just assume this kid won't ever take responsibility for his life because he failed a bunch of drug tests in college

Look at Vontaze Burfict, he started for the Bengals last year and was pretty good despite his issues with marijuana. I'm confident he can have a productive career without 'relapsing.'

Just because someone chooses to continue smoking weed throughout their life doesn't mean their Retarded. That's just an ignorant statement.

Why should anyone quit to pass your little test? Some people are Retards and will never quit, but we can't just assume this kid won't ever take responsibility for his life because he failed a bunch of drug tests in college.

Good points, and I agree.

However- the thought just occurred to me- you legalize weed, THC comes along for the ride. Any ex-hippie can tell you extracting hash or pure THC out of weed is child's play compared to Meth-heads making speed out of sudafed. It would take about two weeks before there'd be a subterranean market for tar-enhanced blunts.

Glad I gave up huffing cat piss.

i remember watching a documentary on nat geo about the different drugs and where and how they are affecting certain parts of the country.

well these meth heads in the NW figured that truckers must use some time of amphetamine or high octane speed (coke, crack or meth) to keep them going for days to make their money....well anyways the meth heads being so smart figured that the truckers wouldn't stop to take a piss and would want to keep going after ingesting these drugs meaning they'd piss in a gatorade bottle and toss it out the window as they drive down the HWYs.

so these peiople would walk up and down the HWYs looking for 'meth bombs'. yes actually drinking whatever liquid that looked and smelled like trucker piss. no lie.

i remember watching a documentary on nat geo about the different drugs and where and how they are affecting certain parts of the country.

well these meth heads in the NW figured that truckers must use some time of amphetamine or high octane speed (coke, crack or meth) to keep them going for days to make their money....well anyways the meth heads being so smart figured that the truckers wouldn't stop to take a piss and would want to keep going after ingesting these drugs meaning they'd piss in a gatorade bottle and toss it out the window as they drive down the HWYs.

so these peiople would walk up and down the HWYs looking for 'meth bombs'. yes actually drinking whatever liquid that looked and smelled like trucker piss. no lie.

Now that Mr. Mik, is the definition of "addicted".

Good points, and I agree.

However- the thought just occurred to me- you legalize weed, THC comes along for the ride. Any ex-hippie can tell you extracting hash or pure THC out of weed is child's play compared to Meth-heads making speed out of sudafed. It would take about two weeks before there'd be a subterranean market for tar-enhanced blunts.

i remember trading like a 20 of weed (back in the 70's) for a couple of grams of crystal 'T'. a 20 of weed back then was a five finger bag of whatever was going around. so i was in the experimental mode, did the swap snorted the a bump or two and ended up crawling out of a grave-like hole in the middle of the nite. 50 feet from my house.

seems like the hospital i lived right next to had dug a whole to get to some type of plumbing problem in the middle of the parking lot and forgot to tell me about it.

at least the construction crew guys saved my hat and jean jacket and gave me a big laugh while looking for my shit. never had it before or since but it was a concentrated form of THC that whacked me like a handle of jack.

2 pages of "weed" talk and Tyrann babble...it's done,over. And frankly McFadden is a better fit. Guess after the season stats can be compared and then the arguement can be fought! And I told you so's once again for 3 pages...

and you my friend are a newbie. so your opinion means spit to me.

now go get the krispy cremes and i like my chai light and sweet with half and half.

thanks for showing up though so soon after your briss.

Honey Badger blows. Our small corners will be fine with our 14 pass rushers creating havoc.

Minnifield was small and from a basketball school too.

Lombardi is showing balls taking guys he likes regardless of where they are slotted.

Z

but God forbid when heckeet reaches regardless of where a guys slotted he is stupid

No, Mathieu would have been a shitty pick here. We have no one to keep him in line. Zona does

I am so sick of hearing about us not taking the guy because of character issuesbut then we turn around and get a drug dealer that was selling weed during football practice. keep spinning this s*** till it turns out right for your own opinion I guess.

Archived