THE BROWNS BOARD

Cb: Leon Mcfadden

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are you listening to this guy, Mathieu, talk? He graduated college? Are you kidding me. He sounds like a total bust.

Your opinion & mine are the same. Thank God it wasn't the Browns drafting him.

BTW, if I am wrong about Mathieu, I'll post as much.

Mike

Solid 3rd rounder. Drafting Mathieu would have been a bad fit for us given how small Skrine is. Adding another 5'8 guy would not be good.

McFadden is average size for a corner and has good enough skills to be a solid #2 corner. He will start day 1 across Haden. Exactly what we needed. Hopefully, a decent FS or G are available early tomorrow for us.

I'm certainly willing to cut the Browns some slack, but I was distrurbed by Mike Mayock's lack of enthusiasm for McFadden, who he thinks would be a good FIFTH ROUND pick. Mayock did like McFadden's quick feet! Mayock and company were very surprised the Browns didn't take Webb from William and Mary who they all graded much higher than McFadden.

hey i bleed brown and orange, no matter what.

but there are plenty of players with probs off the field this year whom other teams had no problem signing. i'll say that ogletree picked by NE and belichick was a much riskier pick than mathieu.

and if being articulate in the english language is a requisite for being a baller then mariano rivera should not be allowed in the bb HOF.

hell, don't go to east cleveland because you won't be able to decipher a single fucking word you hear.

All the draft Guru's are paid to guess and grade people. . Wacthing the draft, the espn guru's said Mcfadden was a great get for us, and if he was a little taller her would have been late first early 2nd.

Size doesn't matter if you don't know how to get into position and use it. From his highlight reel is seems that McFadden gets himself into a good position on a consistent basis. I love the pickup and hopefully if he works hard he can start opposite Haden.

...McFadden looks like a badass...might be a great pick..

and arizona gets mathieu right after us.

are we the dumbest team on the planet?

HAHAAHAHA, then there's a bunch of other teams CB needy that are equally dumb. The guy likes ganga more than Ricky Williams, and despite rehab, I'm betting it's odds on he's heading for a quick NFL suspension. Don't care if it's "only" weed, the NFL takes a dim view of pot heads. Blew off a couple teams for interviews last week, ya hear that one? Personally, sort of surprised he didn't pull a Burfict, and get the UFA treatment.

http://www.thebiglead.com/index.php/2013/04/26/tyrann-mathieu-blew-off-seattle-houston-last-week-said-he-was-sick/

Damn, I see visions of another hype machine Brian Bosworth

http://espn.go.com/espn/feature/story/_/page/Tyrann-Mathieu/hi-my-name-tyrann

I'm certainly willing to cut the Browns some slack, but I was distrurbed by Mike Mayock's lack of enthusiasm for McFadden, who he thinks would be a good FIFTH ROUND pick. Mayock did like McFadden's quick feet! Mayock and company were very surprised the Browns didn't take Webb from William and Mary who they all graded much higher than McFadden.

See that's the thing though, we shouldn't give 2 shits what Imaysuckcocks gotta say. Although I really don't trust Lombardi much either, I do have a lot of faith in our coaches. They obviously liked McFadden more than badger or anyone else that was available so I'm on board and can dig it. Over the last few months I've been getting a feeling from the Browns that I haven't felt for a long time. If we keep it up and make good picks tomorrow I believe were gonna be a shocker this year... I'm loving how its coming together so far!

Mathieu/Mcfadden and Mingo/Jones... I'll be watching the comparisons closely this year.

If I see Tyrann making the weekly top 10 I'm going to puke.

It is amazing that no matter who we pick people bitch! All I read for months was we need a CB we need a CB. Well we got one! And the analysts say it is a good pick just like many said Mingo was a good pick! So far so good from my perspective. It must be tough for some of you living your lives while being so damn negative all the time.

It's a Cleveland thing.

Your opinion & mine are the same. Thank God it wasn't the Browns drafting him.

BTW, if I am wrong about Mathieu, I'll post as much.

Mike

Mathieu couldn't put one coherent sentence together when ESPN was interviewing him. And if he was blowing off interviews, why would we want this guy. As soon as he gets suspended/arrested everyone on here would be like "why did we draft this guy knowing he had personal issues" blah blah blah. The draft is a crapshoot no matter the person or round.

We have: Joe Thomas, Joe Haden, Jackson, TJ Ward, Rubin, Richardson, GORDON(who would be an excellent role model) and the coordinator from AZ Horton. Besides, everyone needs to chill on the "he needs monitored" BS - IT'S WEED!! not CRACK or METH we're talking about, it's the same as somebody drinking a fucking BUDLIGHT and probably kills less brain cells. I don't fucking care anyways, yeah I'm pissed that he went the very next fucking pick so yeah, there's that. McFadden better fucking be legit, if he's another Skrine I'm going to lose it.... why does this FO consist in moving laterally instead up forward?

The Browns don't need a self-absorbed dumbass to play corner. That's why a lot of teams picked a real football playin cb.

McFadden plays SMART - great instincts, great timing...and we'll see. Team player, smart...

too bad they didn't have a second round pick though. There was a run on cb's.....

AZ is going to move Tyrann to Free Safety where he should do well in using his instincts to make plays.

The more I thought about it last night, considering that the Browns are drafting guys who aren't a stupid sideshow/distraction/locker room cancer...

McFadden shows he is quite a SMART football player.

And his size? How can anybody bitch about his size, and then want the honey badger?

Seriously?

Besides, Frank Minifield was 5'9", 180 lbs. Maybe....this next season is the return of

the barking with our corners... (along with BARKevious Mingo).

In fact, from Wikipedia, about Frank Minifield:

"Considered too small for college football at just 5'9" and 140 pounds, he walked on to the football team at the University of Louisville, earning a scholarship spot for his final three years. As a junior in 1981, he led the nation in average yards per kickoff return (30.4) and led his team in punt returns.

Judging by this pick, our corners are going to be asked to be on an island all day. There were many better overall corners on the board, but McFadden is highly ranked as a man cover corner.

Don't like this pick either, but I like it more than Mingo.

There is a huge difference between the "draft experts" boards and the actual boards of NFL GM's. You have no clue how Banner/Lombardi's board is lined up. For all we know they had a 2nd round grade on the guy and he fell to them.

We have: Joe Thomas, Joe Haden, Jackson, TJ Ward, Rubin, Richardson, GORDON(who would be an excellent role model) and the coordinator from AZ Horton. Besides, everyone needs to chill on the "he needs monitored" BS - IT'S WEED!! not CRACK or METH we're talking about, it's the same as somebody drinking a fucking BUDLIGHT and probably kills less brain cells. I don't fucking care anyways, yeah I'm pissed that he went the very next fucking pick so yeah, there's that. McFadden better fucking be legit, if he's another Skrine I'm going to lose it.... why does this FO consist in moving laterally instead up forward?

"Chill on he needs monitored"???? You need to wake up before you post. He needs to be a MAN. We'll see if that happens, but nothing in his past says he will.

Mathieu obviously ignores the fact "weed" is NOT an accepted substance.

He ignores his responsibility to rules, coaching, & team play. MANY infractions by his own admission.

A year off football (gym wasn't closed) & has FOUR reps with weights at the combine?=LAZY!

Damn near illiterate (judging by a number of interviews).

Sorry pal, if I drink A beer, it is a beverage. Weed is smoked to get high & it's banned...PERIOD! Please don't compare the two except in cases where beer is consumed in excessive amounts (to get high/drunk) every time it is consumed.

Finally, there are so many red flags on Mathieu it's almost comical. Fill is pockets with $$$ and see what happens. I'm damn glad we didn't touch him. Our players & coaches are NOT babysitters.

Mike

Chill? The dirtbag honey badger doesn't fit when you are workin on building a TEAM of guys who love the game, have a great work ethic,

and can stay on the field because they have character and don't get suspended, etc.

Why McFadden? He's a solid character, has excellent work ethic, will never be a locker room or off the field problem,

and he's smart and very well spoken.

Here:

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2013/04/cleveland_browns_third-round_p.html

Man, the more I listen to McFadden, I figure the Browns were seriously worried and waiting for the chance to draft him. Dammit, he's

a perfect pick for the Browns.... loves the game, team player to the max, confident, total classy football player and character off the field.

That's what we're talking about.

Outstanding draft pick !

Check it out:

Haden? The guy that got suspended for an illegal substance? You need to get your head out of your ass.

Also, let's not debate weed here (I'm for legalizing it FYI). The problem is he was given multiple chances and blew EVERY ONE. It doesn't matter what the substance was. He has red flags for days and we aren't a team that can keep him in check

100% wrong - Mathieu had exactly 2 interceptions the one year he started.

The way he "forced" those turnovers was not by playing his man.. it was by guessing the route and taking unsound chances.

Weed is extremely addictive and kills brain/lung cells just like other kinds of smoke. Don't get into abstract debates -- this is the word of Dr. Drew.

100% wrong - Mathieu had exactly 2 interceptions the one year he started.

The way he "forced" those turnovers was not by playing his man.. it was by guessing the route and taking unsound chances.

Weed is extremely addictive and kills brain/lung cells just like other kinds of smoke. Don't get into abstract debates -- this is the word of Dr. Drew.

Lol, I'd rather have potheads all around then guys who go get hammered every night.

Show your proof that weed isn't addictive. Your assertion is meaningless. "Proof" is a link to a peer-reviewed medical journal.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2797098/

I'd rather have no addiction if I'm paying people for their athletic abilities.. which is, conveniently, the entire point of this forum.

When it comes down to it character means nothing to fans.

A guy can be a woman beating rapist, play great and fans idolize him.

Then on the flipside be a bible thumping good ol boy from Texas play poorly and fans will act as if they want to lynch him.

Pretty sure weed is not physically addictive at all, but it can create a mental dependency which for some could be even worse.

Character means everything. A lot of teams have really paid the price for drafting pieces of crap that get suspended,

arrested, and lockerroom cancers hurt the teams they "play" for. All too often, they are wasted draft picks.

Some fans of some teams don't matter.

We're talking here about lifestyles, not some guy who made one mistake.

Archived