THE BROWNS BOARD

Cb: Leon Mcfadden

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do not know much about him, but after looking him up he is what we need as a #2. 5'10" 190 is a decent size db. His combine numbers were not top tier, but his tape shows a guy who is a gamer, good pick in the 3rd. Its also nice to see the so called experts say this is a great pick!

Our db was not a bad pick, Tyrann, has a lot of growing up to do. he may be good, but he was not a must get for us.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/leon-mcfadden?id=2539300

http://www.nepatriotsdraft.com/2013/02/leon-mcfadden-scouting-report.html

Honey Badger blows. Our small corners will be fine with our 14 pass rushers creating havoc.

Minnifield was small and from a basketball school too.

Lombardi is showing balls taking guys he likes regardless of where they are slotted.

Z

It is amazing that no matter who we pick people bitch! All I read for months was we need a CB we need a CB. Well we got one! And the analysts say it is a good pick just like many said Mingo was a good pick! So far so good from my perspective. It must be tough for some of you living your lives while being so damn negative all the time.

It is amazing that no matter who we pick people bitch! All I read for months was we need a CB we need a CB. Well we got one! And the analysts say it is a good pick just like many said Mingo was a good pick! So far so good from my perspective. It must be tough for some of you living your lives while being so damn negative all the time.

Agreed man, so far we have made our D better, how can we be mad that we didnt get honey badger. Best of luck to him.

its called an opinion... so quit your bitching

Honey Badger blows. Our small corners will be fine with our 14 pass rushers creating havoc.

Minnifield was small and from a basketball school too.

Lombardi is showing balls taking guys he likes regardless of where they are slotted.

Z

You mean reaching

Solid 3rd rounder. Drafting Mathieu would have been a bad fit for us given how small Skrine is. Adding another 5'8 guy would not be good.

McFadden is average size for a corner and has good enough skills to be a solid #2 corner. He will start day 1 across Haden. Exactly what we needed. Hopefully, a decent FS or G are available early tomorrow for us.

No, Mathieu would have been a shitty pick here. We have no one to keep him in line. Zona does

agreed....if it was a later round in the draft maybe 6 or 7 then the risk vs. reward might be worth it......Still not sure about Mathieu's cover speed and height though, also non-existent twice against Bama in the biggest games...

Solid 3rd rounder. Drafting Mathieu would have been a bad fit for us given how small Skrine is. Adding another 5'8 guy would not be good.

McFadden is average size for a corner and has good enough skills to be a solid #2 corner. He will start day 1 across Haden. Exactly what we needed. Hopefully, a decent FS or G are available early tomorrow for us.

And lets not forget the level of competition brought in the off-season.

Size doesn't matter if you don't know how to get into position and use it. From his highlight reel is seems that McFadden gets himself into a good position on a consistent basis. I love the pickup and hopefully if he works hard he can start opposite Haden.

Badger is 5'9" an inch shorter than McFadden. NFL graded McFadden 80.7 .3 off of being 7th highest graded cb in draft. Badger graded 73, McFadden is compared to Brent Grimes who we looked at in FA was a pro bowler before injury. McFadden is described as a man to man corner.

he is almost 5'9", we have mcfadden now and he will be our #2. wont be getting his jersey but I do like the pick.

i love that we got a cornerback. so who's bitching you dumb fucks? (i was getting worried if they were going to be any decent ones left by the time we got our 2nd pick).

if would have been watching the espn coverage they showed the brown's pick of mcfadden and his highlight reel. 2 mins later they're showing the highlights of mathieu. there was no comparison. it was laughable how much better mathieu looked on that reel. besides he played in the best division in college football against NFL top tier talent.

again i'm glad we got the cornerback (and whoever thinks i'm whining can go fuck themselves) but why do other teams always take a chance on a guy except the browns? who cares if petersen is there to look after him? i would have had any behavioral issues affecting the team in a negative way written into his contract and could be a reason for financial repercussions etc. this is just my opinion.

i'm not saying mcfadden sucks. you know what i'm saying.

hell as long as he makes this team better in a position which we desperately needed help at hey, i'm a fan.

Archived