THE BROWNS BOARD

The LeCharles Bentley story really is a sad one.

Guest mz.

I mean, the man really wanted to play but obviously just couldn't.

A Pro Bowl center who was a prized free agent signing of the Browns in 2006, Bentley hasn't played football since tearing his patella tendon on the first day of training camp that year and needing three additional surgeries for what he said was a life-and-limb threatening staph infection. Bentley asked for his release from the Browns last June and the team complied.

"There's still offers out there, but I'm not entertaining anything right now," Bentley said. "I've lived the NFL dream, better than 90 percent of the guys have ever lived it."

As for playing again, Bentley said, "I play football every day, I've got three boys. That's what I'm doing now."

via here.

I mean, the man really wanted to play but obviously just couldn't.

via here.

I don't know what offers he could possibly be getting. He has his expectations way to high, he wants to come in and start and with his injury history it just isn't going to happen. He gave it a go with the Steelers and he never got on board. It's a really sad story because he was a great center or guard. It does sound like he's happy and really that's all that matters. Hopefully he's smart with the cash he earned and can parlay it in to something else.

Through that entire ordeal after the injury, he displayed an attitude & demeanor that needs to be bottled & sold to some of these coddled athletes. We lost a great one, that's for sure.

Glad to hear he is now enjoying his family.

Hey, do we need an O-line coach??

Mike

He's rich, he's alive, his leg made it, he has a good family, he has a roof over his head, and he was a really good football player in both college and the NFL. I think he's a very lucky guy.

Yeah, but there is something to be said for that intrinsic satisfaction derived from doing what you truly love doing.

Archived