THE BROWNS BOARD

Ayanbadejo Available

Zombo

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000157099/article/brendon-ayanbadejo-to-be-cut-by-baltimore-ravens?campaign=Ext_Email_1st10_Daily&cvosrc=Ext.Email.1st10.Daily

The exodus of key figures from the Baltimore Ravens continues. NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reported on Wednesday that linebacker Brendon Ayanbadejo will be released.

The news originally was reported by ProFootballTalk.com and quickly was confirmed by Ayanbadejo on his Twitter account.

Free-agent tracker

NFL free agency is under way. Follow all of the latest rumors and signings in our free-agent tracker. More...

"I would like to thank the city of Baltimore and the Ravens organization for an amazing ride. We will forever be united as champions!" he wrote.

Ayanbadejo's name has been in the news plenty for his strong stance supporting gay marriage rights. He always was considered a risk to be released this offseason because his salary was relatively high for a special teamer, and his play declined some in 2012. Ayanbadejo shouldn't have a hard time finding a job in someone's training camp this fall.

Depth would be nice, but he is 36 now, so who knows how much more he has in him to play. Personally I would like to see more of Craig Robertson this year. He did pretty good last year for the most part.

Depth would be nice, but he is 36 now, so who knows how much more he has in him to play. Personally I would like to see more of Craig Robertson this year. He did pretty good last year for the most part.

Yeah forget Ayanbadejo, he'll be 37 when the season starts. Robertson played very well last year, and I think he deserves a shot at playing all 3 downs.

Archived