THE BROWNS BOARD

Dolphins Unveil New Logo; Uniforms

The Cysko Kid

I was going to ask you how you'd like a team in about 50 years calling themselves the Cleveland honkeys but you know, look though I might I couldn't find any characature of a white person that was totally fuckin' racist, so there's no visual aid like I hoped there would be.

Under one theory of the origin of the Cleveland Browns name, they could, indeed, be said to be named as a result of a racial identification.

That theory is that the Browns are named after Joe Louis and his moniker the "Brown Bomber", the operative word being "Brown". Of course, he was called the Brown bomber because he was an African-American (or black or negro, whichever you prefer).

So, if we were to be politically correct, we have one team in town essentially being named the Cleveland "Native-Americans" and the other team the Cleveland "African-Americans."

And the final team in town is named after the Aristocratic/Royalist supporters of King Charles I in the English Civil War. Unfortunately, the person the Cavaliers supported had his head chopped off by their opposition.

The origin of the word cavalier derives from the same root as the words Chevalier in French, and Caballero in Spanish, and essentially means "horsemen", though typically the English Cavaliers were not depicted in current times as riding horses, though they probably did. They are more known for their wardrobe: The buckled shoes, knee stockings, long hair in ringlets, bright clothing with laced cuffs and collars, and of course the large, plumed hats.

The French counterpart to a Cavalier would be the Musketeer, who were the Royal Guards of the French King.

They, too, eventually had their King's head chopped off...but with a Guillotine instead of an

axe.

The moral of the story? Perhaps it is better to have your teams named after birds or animals or the like.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry mik, but you're the drop dead worst insulter on this board. You couldn't hurt my feelings to save your life.

what you fail to realize little man is i don't give a fuck.

it's all too obvious for most of us here that it's all too important for you. maybe it helps to prop yourself up in your own mind and be something that you're not.

You tried to insult me so clearly you cared, but as usual, it was embarrassing. 'I don't care' is the typical territory of the pwned. This thread could have been a serious dicussion about logo change using an established NFL franchise as an example, but them you and a couple of other jokers turned it into bullshit. If you want to trade insults with me you'd better bring your a-game. And if you act like a dingleberry you're gonna get wiped.

Aw, eriedawg, are you upset because you never can get the best of me? Keep trying, bub, one of these days you'll say something mildly interesting. Practice makes perfect.

The fact that you repeatedly say its not bothering you tells me that it is. Psyc 101.

Another fact is you got all butt hurt when everyone said the dolphin logo sucked balls and you thought it was cool. So then you turn it into a browns and Indians logo bashing and start with the normal politically correct bullshit and say that chief wahoo is racist. If you really felt the way you do about gay rights you will slap that I support gay love bumper sticker on your car. But you won't because your a wishy washy fraud and a fake.

• 4 months later...

tampadawgs and cysco just came out the men's room together at halftime with chubs in their pants.

don't step on their dreams!

Miktoxic thats the second time you brought me up in a thread that I had nothing to do with, maybe you have a man crush on me with all this gay talking going on...HMMMMM

That and the color (teal or wtf) is about the gayest uniform I have ever seen.

It didn't look like teal even. It was really more of a powder blue color. I also noted that except for the nearly unnoticeable sun ring, they have completely lost the orange from their uniform.

Helmet used to have an orange stripe side by side of blue stripes. Now the orange stripe is gone. Also, their uniform numbers used to be highlighted with orange. Now the highlights are black.

And now, no orange piping on the pants.

I love dolphins. Don't like the Dolphins. Think the new logo is gay. Thought the gay dolphin was funny. They are next on our schedule I am already making fun of anything "dolphin".

Next, I will be told that dolphins can't really be gay sharks because sharks are fish and dolphins are mammals.

Folks ... their new helmet logo looks like it was designed for a feminine hygiene product. That's all I'm saying.

Zombo

Zombo really hates dolphins. I think he was raped by one...

Logos don't have to be realistic. OSU's is a fucking nut and no one seems to care

And the Browns' is...nothing.

No one seems to care about that either.

A lot of these guys just hate anything that isn't brown and orange and are adamant that it's all stupid. Close-mindedness at its best.

And the Browns' is...nothing.

No one seems to care about that either.

A lot of these guys just hate anything that isn't brown and orange and are adamant that it's all stupid. Close-mindedness at its best.

Or ... it's a really gay logo.

It sucks shark dick.

Zombo

I love dolphins. Don't like the Dolphins. Think the new logo is gay. Thought the gay dolphin was funny. They are next on our schedule I am already making fun of anything "dolphin".

Next, I will be told that dolphins can't really be gay sharks because sharks are fish and dolphins are mammals.

Folks ... their new helmet logo looks like it was designed for a feminine hygiene product. That's all I'm saying.

Zombo

I work next to a place called the Gay Dolphin. It's one of the largest gift shops on the East Coast.

Just think guys, you could enjoy these kind of uniforms:

cf0735ba-affe-e111-b4bb-002655e6c126_oriCall the team the "Soylent Greens"

Yeah remember when Nike got the high bid from the NFL, and everyone was afraid NIke was going to turn the NFL into the Oregon Yucks? Seems they started with the Dull-fans. Of course you know- but not everyone does- Phil Knight- owner and CEO of Nike is an Oregon Alum. Him springing for the unis is minor league- he also supplied THIS:

http://www.goducks.com/PhotoAlbum.dbml?PALBID=970348&DB_OEM_ID=500

JimBrown_display_image.jpg?1277434446

He looks like an idiot. Needs some flashy "piping", day glo orange pants, something "tough" on the helmets and a wild font for the numbers. Then he would play better because he was pumped up to be wearing such an exciting uniform.

Zombo

Archived