THE BROWNS BOARD

Dolphins Unveil New Logo; Uniforms

The Cysko Kid

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow.

Who's your favorite football team?

The Brownie Elf is a holdover from the 50's, Jim Brown had it on his uniform. The elf is holding a football. Football. Not swimming through the seas like a gay dolphin in a tampon commercial.

It's OK for your logo not to be "tough": the Brownie elf, the Cubs, the Orioles ... none of the bird logos are particularily scary, just because you put a mean face on a bird, it's still a bird. But it's OK, because its symbolic.

THIS ... is gay: dolphinslogo2.jpg

I seriously would expect to see that on a box of tampons.

This was not designed by a heterosexual or a football fan.

It screams "vagina".

Recap:

Old School Elf holding football: Cool.

Vagina-inspired sea mammal flowing around the sun: Gay.

Zombo

Dude it looks like something my 13 Yr. Old daughter could whip up on the puter in 5 mins. I'd be really pissed if I was a fins fan.

and the agency that came up with that SHIT billed out 250k for the job, at least.

the elf is the shit. put some timberlands on him and a backwards hat, drop the football (not literally , pleez) and put an ak in his hand with smoke comin out the end. or maybe have him holding back an angry pitbull. young and hip enough for ya cysco?

the elf was made back in the day where ad agencies were cool. martinis all day long. screw some big titted secretary on your desk during a pitch session, yeah, those were the days. now we got junior straight out of design or film school making terrible taco bell commercials.

as far as the dolphin logo goes it sucks and it's gay. but i'll leave all that and step aside and listen to what TCPO says on the subject. ya know he fucks dolphins right?

Once again, Google worst football logos. Apparently I'm not the only one who thinks the elf sucks. Where's your logic now, chummy?

My logic is just because some fag who doesn't follow the team thinks the team logo is gay, doesn't make it gay. You can change the logo to whatever you want and those fags still won't follow the team. So what does it matter what they think? Don't come on here like some 'gay' list takes precedence over what real fans of this team and members of this board think. You can print up that list and wipe your ass with it, chummy!

the elf logo has don draper and the leo burnett team written all over it. classic.

i don't know if the elf was ever the logo for the browns and don't care one way or the other. i think it could be used in some fashion on the new unis. like a patch on the chest (did they already do that?) but that's about it.

it's not like the browns will EVER have anything on the helmet besides the stripes. get that out of your friggin head now.

My logic is just because some fag who doesn't follow the team thinks the team logo is gay, doesn't make it gay. You can change the logo to whatever you want and those fags still won't follow the team. So what does it matter what they think? Don't come on here like some 'gay' list takes precedence over what real fans of this team and members of this board think. You can print up that list and wipe your ass with it, chummy!

So presumably that means that whatever we might think of the new Dolphins logo, doesn't affect whether it's 'gay' or not?

Nice try, stealing my phrases, bud, but you'll never be able to insult me as well as I can insult you. Many have tried, goatfucker, and failed just as miserably as you have. Keep trying and someday you may be able to come up with something mildly worth my time to read, but you'll never hurt my feelings so have at it. I love the browns but the elf is stupid. The elf is gay, there is nothing 'fun' or 'good' about the elf. It's the worst logo in professional sports history and in all the NFL history there's never been anything 1/2 as stupid as the elf. The only thing that's come close is the rakish dandy that was the Tampa bay buccaneer. So if you want to hold a candle for the lamest mascot of all time be my guest, but don't expect me go blow the elf with you. You can manage it all by yourself.

it's a change, that's all. if i were a dolphins fan i wouldn't like it because of the dolphin not having a helmet on it anymore. as an overall football fan i think it's important to keep the iconoc imagery of the league, that doesn't mean you can't modify or streamline something though. plus now we get to see throwback unis worn once or twice a year which is cool (even though some of them are horrid).

the worse change i've seen in 30+ years of watching the game is the patriots logo. what a fuck up that was. didn't like the buccaneers logo change. i understand their whole color schemed was ditched in an effort to flush all the bad memories but they coulda kept the 'buccaneer'.

imagine someone changing the raiders logo or doing something to the dallas star? iconic imagery. just like the browns color scheme and helmet. don't mind some of the streamlined flashy 'tints' to the colors but they will always be brown and orange and white with no logos on the helmets.

Nice try, stealing my phrases, bud, but you'll never be able to insult me as well as I can insult you. Many have tried, goatfucker, and failed just as miserably as you have. Keep trying and someday you may be able to come up with something mildly worth my time to read, but you'll never hurt my feelings so have at it. I love the browns but the elf is stupid. The elf is gay, there is nothing 'fun' or 'good' about the elf. It's the worst logo in professional sports history and in all the NFL history there's never been anything 1/2 as stupid as the elf. The only thing that's come close is the rakish dandy that was the Tampa bay buccaneer. So if you want to hold a candle for the lamest mascot of all time be my guest, but don't expect me go blow the elf with you. You can manage it all by yourself.

Wow. I don't think I even have to say anything more. Lmao.

That's just like your opinion man. I have seen some very badass elfs.

Nice try. How long did you sir around planning that one out? An hour? Couple more and I might be mildly interested in what stupid thing you have to say. I mean shit, I cared so much that I waited about fifteen hours to check back and see what the gay elf lovers had cooked up to try and burn me with. Yawn. At least the political board has posters good at insults.

That's just like your opinion man. I have seen some very badass elfs.

Yes, the dude, but that's not brownie the smirking gay elf is it?

To be fair, for you guys who are in love with the elf, its not even an elf. It's a brownie which, according to lore, is in the hobgoblin lineage. So, for a goblin, its pretty sissy-looking.

You used to drive to Cleveland as a kid? You were breaking laws even back then? :-)

Anyways...the real point why I was responding is I will always remember seeing that giant Chief Wahoo on the side of the old stadium, just like the sign on the other side for the Cleveland Browns. Used to always get me excited driving by there.

Chief Wahoo..Iconic

"Summers Eve" Dolphin....idiotic

Chief Wahoo..Iconic

"Summers Eve" Dolphin....idiotic

Chief Wahoo is one of the most tasteless racist crap logos of all time. I get that it's been around since nineteen dickety-doo, but that doesn't make it good.

it reminds me of this:

SouthParkFlag.gif

"we can't change the south park flag! that's our history"

Chief Wahoo is one of the most tasteless racist crap logos of all time. I get that it's been around since nineteen dickety-doo, but that doesn't make it good.

it reminds me of this:

SouthParkFlag.gif

"we can't change the south park flag! that's our history"

wow!! new graphics!!

nah, sorry, you're still a fag.

Chief Wahoo is one of the most iconic sports logos in the history of professional sport. Almost everybody can instantly distinguish what it represents.

Chief Wahoo will never be done away with. Even as the Indians are moving away from the logo on their caps and jerseys, Chief Wahoo merchandise will always exist.

For a guy complaining about a logo being racist, you sure don't mind throwing around homophobic terms. So what is it, PC or not PC? Or are you only PC when it suits you?

Chief Wahoo is one of the most iconic sports logos in the history of professional sport. Almost everybody can instantly distinguish what it represents.

Chief Wahoo will never be done away with. Even as the Indians are moving away from the logo on their caps and jerseys, Chief Wahoo merchandise will always exist.

For a guy complaining about a logo being racist, you sure don't mind throwing around homophobic terms. So what is it, PC or not PC? Or are you only PC when it suits you?

ssshhh.

her grandma is parental blocking this site as we post.

Wow.

Who's your favorite football team?

The Brownie Elf is a holdover from the 50's, Jim Brown had it on his uniform. The elf is holding a football. Football. Not swimming through the seas like a gay dolphin in a tampon commercial.

It's OK for your logo not to be "tough": the Brownie elf, the Cubs, the Orioles ... none of the bird logos are particularily scary, just because you put a mean face on a bird, it's still a bird. But it's OK, because its symbolic.

THIS ... is gay: dolphinslogo2.jpg

I seriously would expect to see that on a box of tampons.

This was not designed by a heterosexual or a football fan.

It screams "vagina".

Recap:

Old School Elf holding football: Cool.

Vagina-inspired sea mammal flowing around the sun: Gay.

Zombo

Got around to putting in my .02- would make a nice Logo for "Sea World", put it on a football helmet, not so neat. EDIT: Just thought- they could give the dolphin red eyes, like the Raven's bird logo- to make it look "meaner".

What are you talking about? I was probably the only one supporting your stance on gays in the locker room. Do your homework. I'll reference south park again.

"What? You think we meant GAY fags? That's not cool."

What are you talking about? I was probably the only one supporting your stance on gays in the locker room. Do your homework. I'll reference south park again.

"What? You think we meant GAY fags? That's not cool."

No, you weren't the only one.

For what it's worth, you can't really call our logo gay and tell guys to "go blow it", and then also claim to be a proponent of equality.

That's like saying "all them there niggers should be free to pick their own damn cotton sonewhere else".

No, you weren't the only one.

For what it's worth, you can't really call our logo gay and tell guys to "go blow it", and then also claim to be a proponent of equality.

That's like saying "all them there niggers should be free to pick their own damn cotton sonewhere else".

Well yeah I can because of something called context. Before homosexuals appropriated it Gay had a much different meaning. Well guess what? A whole generation re-appropriated it. Sorry if you don't like it but its happening all over. That's why lgbt's have put forth their whole think about what you're saying campaign. Yeah well, the logic works the other way too. 'Gay', even 'fag' and 'N*****' don't equate. Not even a little bit. In the says of yore when the town was having their barn dance or whatever no one was having a 'niggers' time. British people will buy a packet of fags. Nobody goes to the corner store to pick up a pack of 'niggers' to smoke. 'Niggers' is derogatory. It's always been derogatory and its never been anything else. Not the same, sorry.

Just being a proponant of equality doesn't mean you have to be a p.c. bitch. Oh, I'm sorry, does that mean that I think women should be barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen now, too?

Jesus Christ you're dull man. You don't seem to understand context. (Now, look I've gone and offended God. I must be an athiest god-hater, right?)

I was going to ask you how you'd like a team in about 50 years calling themselves the Cleveland honkeys but you know, look though I might I couldn't find any characature of a white person that was totally fuckin' racist, so there's no visual aid like I hoped there would be.

Well yeah I can because of something called context. Before homosexuals appropriated it Gay had a much different meaning. Well guess what? A whole generation re-appropriated it. Sorry if you don't like it but its happening all over. That's why lgbt's have put forth their whole think about what you're saying campaign. Yeah well, the logic works the other way too. 'Gay', even 'fag' and 'N*****' don't equate. Not even a little bit. In the says of yore when the town was having their barn dance or whatever no one was having a 'niggers' time. British people will buy a packet of fags. Nobody goes to the corner store to pick up a pack of 'niggers' to smoke. 'Niggers' is derogatory. It's always been derogatory and its never been anything else. Not the same, sorry.

Just being a proponant of equality doesn't mean you have to be a p.c. bitch. Oh, I'm sorry, does that mean that I think women should be barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen now, too?

Jesus Christ you're dull man. You don't seem to understand context. (Now, look I've gone and offended God. I must be an athiest god-hater, right?)

dude your an idiot! go post on your transvestite blog and stfu!

you know what if I bought the biggest gay rights rainbow sticker that i could find would you put it on the back window or trunk of your car? Time to see if your balls are as big as your mouth. now run upstairs and ask meemaw if she cares about you putting stickers on her car, then get back to me.

Archived