THE BROWNS BOARD

Dolphins Unveil New Logo; Uniforms

The Cysko Kid

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's funny. I have said since I was about 10 years old that the Dolphins have the worst color scheme & logo in the NFL. Well, this "improvement" is worse IMHO.

2-444.jpg

1966-96: Studly Dolphin wearing a helmet ... three super bowls and playoffs practically every year.

1997-2012: Cartoon Dolphin wearing helmet trying to look all bad ass ... bad team.

2013: Artistic Dolphin without eyes or any football reference splashing about like he's in a tampon commercial ... may never win again.

Zombo

It's not any less gay than their previous logo. Zombo, seriously now, if caring about apperances is gay, you must be one fat, schlubby, mother f'r, since apperances are gay to you.

Appearances are important to me. I don't like for my football team to appear gay. That logo is flipping gay.

Zombo

Appearances are important to me. I don't like for my football team to appear gay. That logo is flipping gay.

Zombo

Bro...your avatar is the brownie elf. Easily one of the three gayest looking football logos of all time...right up there with the old buccaneer.

Bro...your avatar is the brownie elf. Easily one of the three gayest looking football logos of all time...right up there with the old buccaneer.

Tried to think of a defensive comeback, but came up short

Wow.

Who's your favorite football team?

The Brownie Elf is a holdover from the 50's, Jim Brown had it on his uniform. The elf is holding a football. Football. Not swimming through the seas like a gay dolphin in a tampon commercial.

It's OK for your logo not to be "tough": the Brownie elf, the Cubs, the Orioles ... none of the bird logos are particularily scary, just because you put a mean face on a bird, it's still a bird. But it's OK, because its symbolic.

THIS ... is gay: dolphinslogo2.jpg

I seriously would expect to see that on a box of tampons.

This was not designed by a heterosexual or a football fan.

It screams "vagina".

Recap:

Old School Elf holding football: Cool.

Vagina-inspired sea mammal flowing around the sun: Gay.

Zombo

Wow.

Who's your favorite football team?

The Brownie Elf is a holdover from the 50's, Jim Brown had it on his uniform. The elf is holding a football. Football. Not swimming through the seas like a gay dolphin in a tampon commercial.

It's OK for your logo not to be "tough": the Brownie elf, the Cubs, the Orioles ... none of the bird logos are particularily scary, just because you put a mean face on a bird, it's still a bird. But it's OK, because its symbolic.

THIS ... is gay: dolphinslogo2.jpg

I seriously would expect to see that on a box of tampons.

This was not designed by a heterosexual or a football fan.

It screams "vagina".

Recap:

Old School Elf holding football: Cool.

Vagina-inspired sea mammal flowing around the sun: Gay.

Zombo

Logo designs are becoming more minimalist. The Dolphins were on the right track, but didnt quite nail it.

The Brownie elf can look cool, it has potential. But it's a holdover from a different era of design and it just doesn't hold up well today.

Dude. Google "worst football logos" guess what will be the very first result. Go on, guess.

I didn't say the logo was "bad", I said it was "gay".

Google gayest football logos. Then Google it again next week and you'll see the tampon box dolphin.

Zombo

I respect your love of the browns z, but go ahead and put the elf in black and purple what do you think of it then?

I'd think someone messed with a football icon.

And if I was a Dolphin fan I'd be pissed they took away the Dolphin's helmet and made him a Kotex salesman.

Zombo

Their old logo was both gay and absurd then. Why the fuck would a dolphin have a helmet?

For the same reason an elf has a football, a man has a head that is a baseball (Reds), a dinosaur is dribbling a basketball (Raptors), and a Penguin is skating and holding a hockey stick ... because they are just fun symbols for incorporating the team name and the sport.

It's fun.

I used to drive to Cleveland as a kid and I'd see a 50 ft. tall red-faced Chief Wahoo swinging a bat. I knew Indians didn't really have bright red skin. I knew no one was throwing him a ball. I didn't question why he was swinging a bat because I was going to a fucking baseball game.

This Dolphin is not fun ... it's humorless, does not render the sport or the spirit of the team and it belongs on a box for Summer's Eve.

Zombo

Their old logo was both gay and absurd then. Why the fuck would a dolphin have a helmet?

ABSURD....ABSURD...How bout thinking your 'favorite' team has the gayest logo. Don't try and get logical with that type of shit falling out of your jaws.

I used to drive to Cleveland as a kid and I'd see a 50 ft. tall red-faced Chief Wahoo swinging a bat. I knew Indians didn't really have bright red skin. I knew no one was throwing him a ball. I didn't question why he was swinging a bat because I was going to a fucking baseball game.

Zombo

You used to drive to Cleveland as a kid? You were breaking laws even back then? :-)

Anyways...the real point why I was responding is I will always remember seeing that giant Chief Wahoo on the side of the old stadium, just like the sign on the other side for the Cleveland Browns. Used to always get me excited driving by there.

ABSURD....ABSURD...How bout thinking your 'favorite' team has the gayest logo. Don't try and get logical with that type of shit falling out of your jaws.

Once again, Google worst football logos. Apparently I'm not the only one who thinks the elf sucks. Where's your logic now, chummy?

a simplified and more representational logo is better than the old one where they tried to short-bus the fuck out of a constipated dolphin who had to wear a helmet. I'm not crazy about either logo, but at least they got rid of the Retard helmet and the stink eye. No one should have ever been proud of that trainwreck.

Affinities have no standing in logic base arguments.

Whether or not someone loves the Browns is immaterial. When "gayest NFL logo" is Googled, the Brownie elf appears. That's logical because it is fact.

Personally, I like the elf. I think if it's redone right, it could easily be one of the best logos in sports

Archived