THE BROWNS BOARD

Dawson To 49Ers

BadNewsBrowns

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you're making a reference to LeBum, totally different situation. Dawson- native Texan, Bum- native NE Ohio. Dawson 14 years with team, nearing end of career. Bum, in prime of career, would rather play with his pals. Doubt anyone burned an Ilgauskas jersey- there's your apples to apples comparison.

Well considering you're still calling Lebron a name years later...

I'm pretty sure he left to go win, and did.

Oh I know its "how he did it"... my b

Oh I know its "his he did it"... my b

yeah he left to win. if bo schembeckler would have 'left to win' and deserted the wolverines you'd be still pissing shit out your dick about that.

so let me ask you after all these years: you're a browns fan that lives in michigan? you like the browns but hate everything else about cleveland: the college teams obviously, the cavs and indians too?

do yourself a favor and lay off other fans that have pulled for these teams since they were kids. stick to browns only topics cuz you won't win many people over by dissin people that still have ill will towards the biggest traitor in cleveland sports history besides art modell.

everyone should have known the dude was not legit when he showed up to indians games wearin a yankees hat.

fuck that fool.

Oh I know its "his he did it"... my b

That's right- what Mike said. Only thing similar between LeBron and Dawson is they left to win. Everything else is a horse of a different color. I'm sure you just love it when the rare Michigan born HS stud heads south to play for Ohio State. Multiply that by a factor of 100, and you'll get the general idea of how people in Cleveland felt when the hometown boy took his talents to South Beach, and spit in our face on National TV.

It would be far easier to forget about the betrayal if James wasn't from Ohio- in fact it wouldn't even have been called that- just another Superstar moving on for a bigger payday. The Indians wrote a book on that type of scenario- there were two ex-Indians pitching against one another in a World Series not so long ago.

yeah he left to win. if bo schembeckler would have 'left to win' and deserted the wolverines you'd be still pissing shit out your dick about that.

so let me ask you after all these years: you're a browns fan that lives in michigan? you like the browns but hate everything else about cleveland: the college teams obviously, the cavs and indians too?

do yourself a favor and lay off other fans that have pulled for these teams since they were kids. stick to browns only topics cuz you won't win many people over by dissin people that still have ill will towards the biggest traitor in cleveland sports history besides art modell.

everyone should have known the dude was not legit when he showed up to indians games wearin a yankees hat.

fuck that fool.

I am from Strongsville, suburb of Clevland. Outside of school, I've lived their my whole life. I have been a fan of Cleveland sports since I was a kid. I worked an internship last summer at a company on St Claire. I'd like to try to have a career here if I can find a good enough opportunity. I definitely don't "hate" Cleveland...

I could care less about CSU sports, as I'm guessing most users on this board don't either. I don't think Case has any sports.

I am a fan of the Cavs, the NBA has just never been a main league for me to follow.

I hate baseball and could care less about the MLB.

I think it is ridiculous that people burned Lebron's jersey. I think it made Cleveland sports fans look like idiots. I think the fact people actually think he "betrayed" us is laughable. Just because Lebron was from the area doesn't mean he owed anything to this team or city. Our owner didn't put enough around him to get him to stay, that's the owners fault. The NBA is a business, he left to further his and to win. He had every right to leave. If he didn't then contracts would be life long.

I think it is ridiculous that people burned Lebron's jersey. I think it made Cleveland sports fans look like idiots. I think the fact people actually think he "betrayed" us is laughable. Just because Lebron was from the area doesn't mean he owed anything to this team or city. Our owner didn't put enough around him to get him to stay, that's the owners fault. The NBA is a business, he left to further his and to win. He had every right to leave. If he didn't then contracts would be life long.

Absolutely had every right to leave, my issue with it was how it was done. It was completely classless and unnecessary. Being from the area, he should've known how the people in that city would react and should've handled it differently.

I was only a fan of the Cavs when Lebron was there because I wanted to see the city of Cleveland and its fans have a team win a title. Once he left and the Cavs stink, I dont even watch the NBA.

You forget Woody, most Cleveland\Ohio born athletes WANT to play for the hometown team. LeCharles Bentley, Joe Jurivicus, Dave Zastidil. Lifelong dream. Like Mik said, we should have figured out sooner LeBum was a frontrunning fraud when he showed up to Indians games wearing a Yankees cap.

Agreed- LeBron didn't owe Cleveland anything- but as Mark said it was classless the way he left. To flip the coin, we don't owe him anything anymore either- except a pile of scorn. 20\20 hindsight says he was gone regardless, but James strung the Cavs and the city along as long as possible with the 3 month LeBron ego trip. So Gilbert and Ferry didn't put enough around LeBron? Har,har, har. Who do you think was the de facto GM of the Cavs? That would be LeBron. Whatever he wanted, he got. Not doing enough? You mean Gilbert wasn't paying LeBron's lackeys & hangers on adequately in their do nothing jobs? You forget about that one? I haven't. Jamison, Shaq, you name it as far as players. He probably had sores on his ass from Gilbert, Ferry and every one else in Cleveland kissing it. Apparently, that wasn't good enough for King James.

Booger probably never wanted to play in Cleveland in the first place. As far as bringing in talent, did James ever try and recruit anyone to play for the Cavs? Nope. But get to Miami, it was "come on down and help me win a Championship."

Furthermore, LeBron's little gambit to South Beach has ruined the NBA for me- and a lot of other fans for that matter. Suck up Stearns has let the inmates run the asylum by letting those guys get away with it. They just turned the NBA into the equivalent of MLB's Yankees. That's all you hear about now on the National Frontrunner Network (ESPN). It about wants to make me puke. Boy, the Heat are so damn great, will the Lakers make the playoffs? Like I give a rat anymore. How about some 1\2 balanced reporting on the other decent teams like San Antonio, OKC, and the Pacers?

There- I've had my rant. I've over it- but don't expect me to forget what might have been, and wish LeBron best of luck. I think James realizes now one Championship in Cleveland would be worth more than 6 in Miami.

As far as Lebron having a right to play wherever he gets the best deal?

Sure, to quote the Godfather after all we are not comunists.

Doesn't mean I have to respect him.

( Mostly I dislike him because he's a scumbag but...)

I suppose general Petraeus could make a nice buck if he went over and took charge of Iran's military.

Not to mention he'd be allowed to screw whoever he wanted...

But I think people might lose some respect for him.

WSS

That's right- what Mike said. Only thing similar between LeBron and Dawson is they left to win. Everything else is a horse of a different color. I'm sure you just love it when the rare Michigan born HS stud heads south to play for Ohio State. Multiply that by a factor of 100, and you'll get the general idea of how people in Cleveland felt when the hometown boy took his talents to South Beach, and spit in our face on National TV.

It would be far easier to forget about the betrayal if James wasn't from Ohio- in fact it wouldn't even have been called that- just another Superstar moving on for a bigger payday. The Indians wrote a book on that type of scenario- there were two ex-Indians pitching against one another in a World Series not so long ago.

FYI, if it weren't for the people from Ohio that are associated with Michigan football, that team would be on about the level of Indiana or Purdue.

I am from Strongsville, suburb of Clevland. Outside of school, I've lived their my whole life. I have been a fan of Cleveland sports since I was a kid. I worked an internship last summer at a company on St Claire. I'd like to try to have a career here if I can find a good enough opportunity. I definitely don't "hate" Cleveland...

I could care less about CSU sports, as I'm guessing most users on this board don't either. I don't think Case has any sports.

You are too young to remember Cleveland State's run to the Sweet 16. Until yesteday with Florida Gulf Coast CSU was the lowest seed ever to make it to the Sweet 16.

Mouse McFadden, Clinton Smith, Eric Mudd. Coached by Kevin Mackey. And if it were not for the refs allowing David Robinson to commit foul after foul on CSU players by going over the back for rebounds and charging every time he went to the basket (fouls not called) CSU would have made it to the Elite 8. They lost by only 2 points to Navy.

I am a fan of the Cavs, the NBA has just never been a main league for me to follow.

I hate baseball and could care less about the MLB.

What LeBron did was violate an oath that he made to the people of this area. He made a specific promise to "do everything in my power to bring a championship to Cleveland".

Maybe an oath, a promise like that means nothing to you or your generation where honesty and honor are just things to pay lip service to. But, to many of us, a promise, an oath like that is a sacred thing.

And you also have no clue what you are talking about. Dan Gilbert asked LeBron to help him to recruit Chris Bosh to play for the Cavs. LeBron either refused to do that, or put absolutely no effort into it. LeBron basically let Bosh lead him by the nose, when it should have been the other way around.

FYI, if it weren't for the people from Ohio that are associated with Michigan football, that team would be on about the level of Indiana or Purdue.

Then do a better job keeping talent in your state...

or don't knock us for recruiting in more than just our state

or offer the recruits more free cars, money and tattoos.... and then get a coach that can lie about it better

Then do a better job keeping talent in your state...

or don't knock us for recruiting in more than just our state

or offer the recruits more free cars, money and tattoos.... and then get a coach that can lie about it better

They do keep the best talent in state. Only the dregs go to Michigan.

Dregs R US

You are too young to remember Cleveland State's run to the Sweet 16. Until yesteday with Florida Gulf Coast CSU was the lowest seed ever to make it to the Sweet 16.

Mouse McFadden, Clinton Smith, Eric Mudd. Coached by Kevin Mackey. And if it were not for the refs allowing David Robinson to commit foul after foul on CSU players by going over the back for rebounds and charging every time he went to the basket (fouls not called) CSU would have made it to the Elite 8. They lost by only 2 points to Navy.

Remembering one bball team CSU had doesn't make you a fan of Cleveland college sports. Like I said, most people aren't and you don't need to be to be a "Cleveland fan"

What LeBron did was violate an oath that he made to the people of this area. He made a specific promise to "do everything in my power to bring a championship to Cleveland".

Maybe an oath, a promise like that means nothing to you or your generation where honesty and honor are just things to pay lip service to. But, to many of us, a promise, an oath like that is a sacred thing.

And you also have no clue what you are talking about. Dan Gilbert asked LeBron to help him to recruit Chris Bosh to play for the Cavs. LeBron either refused to do that, or put absolutely no effort into it. LeBron basically let Bosh lead him by the nose, when it should have been the other way around.

Oh yes, here we go. "Kids these days" "Your generation" BLAH BLAH BLAH

Shove it up your ass.

How about I am just a realist? I realize that the NBA is a business. Lebron didn't sign away his soul because he told his hometown team he was going to do whatever he could to win. Also, if you watched those games, he basically did. He couldn't get enough talent around him and it seemed like a lost cause. He played ou his contract and he left for somewhere where he could increase his brand. I am fine with that.

Sure I wanted him to stay. But I wasn't going to burn his jersey after he left and I'm not gonna hold a life long grudge like some 12 year old girl.

How do you know Lebron refused to recruit Bosh or that he didn't try? Maybe he tried a bunch but Bosh just wasn't interested in playing in Cleveland. Maybe our genius owner (the one that wrote the letter ripping on Lebron and basically making no FA ever want to come here) didn't put enough of HIS eggs in the basket when recruiting Bosh and offering a deal.

Remembering one bball team CSU had doesn't make you a fan of Cleveland college sports. Like I said, most people aren't and you don't need to be to be a "Cleveland fan"

Oh yes, here we go. "Kids these days" "Your generation" BLAH BLAH BLAH

Shove it up your ass.

OK, so? I take it by your reaction that having honor and keeping promises is a character trait you have no use for? Is that what they teach at Meeshagun? No wonder it deserves disparagement.

How about I am just a realist?

Then apparently your realism is a world of dishonor. Given your own apparent acceptance of that I can only assume you too lack that kind of honorable character.

I realize that the NBA is a business. Lebron didn't sign away his soul because he told his hometown team he was going to do whatever he could to win. Also, if you watched those games, he basically did. He couldn't get enough talent around him and it seemed like a lost cause. He played ou his contract and he left for somewhere where he could increase his brand. I am fine with that.

Sure I wanted him to stay. But I wasn't going to burn his jersey after he left and I'm not gonna hold a life long grudge like some 12 year old girl.

I don't hold a grudge like a 12 year old girl. I hold a grudge like a Mafia Don.

I just don't act on it like a Mafia Don would. My sense of honor says that wouldn't be right.

How do you know Lebron refused to recruit Bosh or that he didn't try? Maybe he tried a bunch but Bosh just wasn't interested in playing in Cleveland. Maybe our genius owner (the one that wrote the letter ripping on Lebron and basically making no FA ever want to come here) didn't put enough of HIS eggs in the basket when recruiting Bosh and offering a deal.

How do I know? Because it was reported all over the place at the time.

What else would you like to know about Cleveland area college sports? You asked specifically about CSU, and I gave you the top remembrance of that sport. I can also tell you that CSU had several NBA players. Franklin Edwards, first round draft pick, played at CSU when I was going to law school there. Darren Tillis, another first rounder played a couple of years later. Clinton Smith. The aforementioned Mouse McFadden. Norris Cole, current point guard for the Miami Heat is from CSU. And technically, so was Manute Bol. He transferred in, but never played here.

Then we can turn to Akron U. When I was young I watched Bobby Smith play. He then played some for the Goodyear Wingfoots, which also gave us guys like Larry Brown and others.

FYI, the Goodyear Wingfoots were a member of the NBL, forerunner of the NBA. They actually have had a continued existance as a semi-professional team since 1918...the oldest pro basketball team in the country.

Then there were the likes of Billy Turner and Lenny Paul when I went to school there. Turner played 5 years in the NBA.

Then there is football. Don Shula...heard of him? John Carroll grad.

If you saw my trivia one of the questions was who holds the NFL record for most fumble returns for TD. That would be Jason Taylor. Akron graduate.

Then I could recite the National Championships won by Baldwin-Wallace at the D-III level. And of course don't forget Mt. Union. One of the greatest football histories of any program at any level. Too bad the Browns couldn't pick up Pierre Garcon...Mt. Union grad.

And how about this for a tie-in: The very first Rock n' Roll Concert ever held, and the very first Cleveland Cavaliers game were held in the very same place: The Cleveland Arena. Which, by the way, prior to that served as the home of the NBA Cleveland Rebels....and also the Cincinnati Royals played a number of home games there before moving on.

Any more Cleveland sports stories? (hell, I didn't even talk about the Browns/Indians)

Yes Gipper...

I'm just a damn, dishonorable kid from this damn generation.

With their mobile phones, drug use and rock and roll

Its not your use of mobile phones and drugs and rock n roll that is at issue (hell, I probably did more drugs than you....and listened to a hell of a lot more rock n roll).

It is your character, honesty, and trustworthiness that is at issue.

Or maybe you are OK with all that its just that are willing to overlook those flaws in others.

If so, then don't complain about getting screwed. And certainly don't complain about some rival team that may commit some rules violation. You are saying that you approve of that sort of thing, from what I hear.

Its not your use of mobile phones and drugs and rock n roll that is at issue (hell, I probably did more drugs than you....and listened to a hell of a lot more rock n roll).

It is your character, honesty, and trustworthiness that is at issue.

Or maybe you are OK with all that its just that are willing to overlook those flaws in others.

If so, then don't complain about getting screwed. And certainly don't complain about some rival team that may commit some rules violation. You are saying that you approve of that sort of thing, from what I hear.

Oh my god I give up...

Lebron broke the rules now? Some how leaving when his contract expired equates to breaking NCAA rules then lying to the NCAA?

I don't even know anymore...

The hate for Lebron is just regurgitated disappointment.

Disappointment we never win in Cleveland,disappointment the hometown guy doesn't even like the hometowns teams and doesn't even consider Cleveland his hometown.

Disappointed that as good as a player he is he doesn't have the loyal,blue collar personality we wish he had.

He always hated Cleveland,never wanted to play for Cleveland.

Oh my god I give up...

Lebron broke the rules now? Some how leaving when his contract expired equates to breaking NCAA rules then lying to the NCAA?

I don't even know anymore...

Are you sure you are a college kid, and not in reform school, what with your reading comprehension issues? I never said LeBron broke any rules...he just broke his oath.

(read my post...in it I refer to "rival team". Any clue in that for you?)

My point is that if you wish to overlook and tolerate that a man violates his solemn oath and promise, then you CANNOT be heard to complain if some rival school breaks some rules. You no further have any cause to complain about ANY wrongdoing.

Archived