THE BROWNS BOARD

GBN Draft Projection

BrownsFan17

That GBN projection doesn't really shock me at all. Rey is going to fall. The only question is how far.

As far as us taking Orakpo? I like it a lot. I think we need someone to team with Rogers on that D-line and Orakpo would be a perfect fit. But, we also need LB. If we take Curry at #5, I'll be happy too.

Guest Aloysius

Very strange mock.

They've got Curry falling to the Packers at 9, who already have a lot of money devoted towards inside linebackers A.J. Hawk and Nick Barnett. Green Bay also has Desmond Bishop, a guy Phil Savage liked as a 3-4 ILB.

They must have Curry projected as a 3-4 OLB, which isn't right. If available, the Packers likely would take B.J. Raji (no way he falls to the Falcons at 24).

Guest Aloysius

I mean, he could play it, but his repertoire of pass-rush moves is limited & he projects very well inside.

And if you're switching to a 3-4, you can never go wrong drafting an elite NT (though the Packers may be content with having Ryan Pickett play that spot).

That GBN projection doesn't really shock me at all. Rey is going to fall. The only question is how far.

As far as us taking Orakpo? I like it a lot. I think we need someone to team with Rogers on that D-line and Orakpo would be a perfect fit. But, we also need LB. If we take Curry at #5, I'll be happy too.

Orakpo will be a OLB if he is picked by the Brown's. He won't be playing DE. He will be used like McGinest and Wimbley, hopefully with Ryan it will be a little more aggressive and not as basic. Meaning the rush will come from a bunch of different positions. So, yes we do need a SILB and a pass rusher at OLB.

Personally, I don't see Orakpo being taken by Cleveland at #5. Besides Curry, the only other impact player at the top is Crabtree. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Brwon's trade down. There are teams looking for QBs and that is a weak position in this draft. Also, there may be teams that fall in love with Crabtree since he is being compared to Fitzgerald and Andre Johnson.

I don't want to take anybody with the 1st pick who we plan on making a position change unless you are talking about a backer who played a 4-3 in college.

Lets get someone in here who doesn't have the added learning curve of a position change.

I don't want to take anybody with the 1st pick who we plan on making a position change unless you are talking about a backer who played a 4-3 in college.

Lets get someone in here who doesn't have the added learning curve of a position change.

Wimbley had everybody slobbering as a DE to convert to OLB in the 3-4. Pitts takes 4-3 DEs and converts them, but they don't take them at the top of the first round.

When you are picking #5 you should be looking for a sure thing impact player or trade down.

Guest Masters
Wimbley had everybody slobbering as a DE to convert to OLB in the 3-4. Pitts takes 4-3 DEs and converts them, but they don't take them at the top of the first round.

When you are picking #5 you should be looking for a sure thing impact player or trade down.

Well in fairness, how ofter is PIT drafting at the top of the first round.

Guest Aloysius

If we're drafting a front seven defensive player, there's going to be some sort of position change. Even guys who played 3-4 in college are likely to be fits at a different spot in the NFL.

Archived