THE BROWNS BOARD

Official Free Agency Activity Thread

TheClevelandSound

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How is it possible that Welker only gets 6 mil per year and Wallace gets double that? I would take two Welker's over one Wallace any day.

Two simple things that NFL teams seem to focus on when it comes to money. Age and speed. Two things Wallace has in spades compared to Welker.But it is obvious that Welker is leaps and bounds better than Wallace.

You can call me crazy , but I have a guy feeling we will be trading Rubin to New England, Hardesty to green bay/SF, and Gucong to Buffalo.

and Colt to Houston.

You think horton will bring in this guy from arizona too?

Kerry Rhodes | FS Previous Team: Arizona Exp: 8 years

Analysis: The veteran safety has been released by the Cardinals, ProFootballTalk.com reported Wednesday.

You can call me crazy , but I have a guy feeling we will be trading Rubin to New England, Hardesty to green bay/SF, and Gucong to Buffalo.

and Colt to Houston.

Based on the comments by Banner and Chud today, I would say you are wrong with at least Rubin and Gocong. Second is who the hell would give up a pick for Hardesty, Gocong, or McCoy? Hardesty hasn't produced, no one wanted McCoy last year when he had value, and Gocong is coming off a major injury and will turn 30 this season.

Based on the comments by Banner and Chud today, I would say you are wrong with at least Rubin and Gocong. Second is who the hell would give up a pick for Hardesty, Gocong, or McCoy? Hardesty hasn't produced, no one wanted McCoy last year when he had value, and Gocong is coming off a major injury and will turn 30 this season.

I don't know I been hearing for years how Belichick is in love with Rubin and would want him in New England. I could see some trade Rubin for Lombardi loved QB. Green Bay and SF was fascinated with Hardesty when he was in college and the reports in the past they were both interested in picking him up in the 3rd or 4th round but again are GM reached to high and got him. I think with McCoy he is a texas boy and Houston owner loves the texas boy's. Plus they are not sure on there QB there. So just a gut feeling.

Houston isn't sure about Matt Schaub? Are you kidding? I'll take him right now today and send Houston Colt McNoodlearm and Brandon Weedon. Hell, I'll throw in Lewis too.

I think Hardesty might have some very marginal value becuase he did play well in very limited opportunities last season and he stayed healthy all year.

I don't know I been hearing for years how Belichick is in love with Rubin and would want him in New England. I could see some trade Rubin for Lombardi loved QB. Green Bay and SF was fascinated with Hardesty when he was in college and the reports in the past they were both interested in picking him up in the 3rd or 4th round but again are GM reached to high and got him. I think with McCoy he is a texas boy and Houston owner loves the texas boy's. Plus they are not sure on there QB there. So just a gut feeling.

The only positive in the Rubin trade for Mallet would be that Rubin has more value, so we would come out with an extra player or some picks, but still I don't see it happening.

Houston isn't sure about Matt Schaub? Are you kidding? I'll take him right now today and send Houston Colt McNoodlearm and Brandon Weedon. Hell, I'll throw in Lewis too.

I think Hardesty might have some very marginal value becuase he did play well in very limited opportunities last season and he stayed healthy all year.

The only other team I could see taking McCoy might be Dallas, but they have Romo.

The only positive in the Rubin trade for Mallet would be that Rubin has more value, so we would come out with an extra player or some picks, but still I don't see it happening.

what you think of Rubin and weeden for Mallet and New England 1st or 2nd round pick? I think I am dreaming here. It probably be more like 2nd or 3rd round pick, because lombardi will give in to his old buddy.

The only other team I could see taking McCoy might be Dallas, but they have Romo.

McCoy isn't going anywhere to be a starter except for possibly Arizona or Buffalo since neither of those teams have anybody. Anywhere else in the league and he's a backup at best.

McCoy isn't going anywhere to be a starter except for possibly Arizona or Buffalo since neither of those teams have anybody. Anywhere else in the league and he's a backup at best.

I never said he will be a starter anywhere. He might work his way there, but doubt it. I think McCoy like Quinn, Frye, and Anderson they are all backup's.

Would rather keep hardesty. He was running better than trich last year

Amendola to the Pats 5 years 31mil. 10 mil gar. So they let Welker walk to sign a poor mans Welker for more than Welker signed for in Denver. And he has an injury history. I don't get it.

Amendola is hardly a "poor mans" Wes Welker. He's just never had a great quarterback. Who was Wes Welker before Tom Brady? Amendola is a dynamic receiver that once again never had an elite quarterback. They essentially got a younger, taller Wes Welker for the same amount of money. It's a tremendous signing and the very reason Bellicheat and the spy gate princes stay at the top of their game. His injuries have also been random. Arm, Collarbone etc. Nothing that would effect his play long term. He's going to light it up in New England. You heard it here first.

Amendola is hardly a "poor mans" Wes Welker. He's just never had a great quarterback. Who was Wes Welker before Tom Brady? Amendola is a dynamic receiver that once again never had an elite quarterback. They essentially got a younger, taller Wes Welker for the same amount of money. It's a tremendous signing and the very reason Bellicheat and the spy gate princes stay at the top of their game. His injuries have also been random. Arm, Collarbone etc. Nothing that would effect his play long term. He's going to light it up in New England. You heard it here first.

There is being injury prone to a specific area and just being injury prone. If your injury prone to an area you can at least try to protect it. Being injury prone in general means that anything can happen, you can't guard against it. It's way worse.

There is being injury prone to a specific area and just being injury prone. If your injury prone to an area you can at least try to protect it. Being injury prone in general means that anything can happen, you can't guard against it. It's way worse.

The Patriots wouldn't have given him that contract if they were worried about it. Let's be realistic and as I said he's going to be a beast in New England. He was having a strong season last year before the injury.

Archived