THE BROWNS BOARD

Official Free Agency Activity Thread

TheClevelandSound

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

cribs and Patriots close to a deal. you know all I ever heard was cribs is a excellent tackler and athletic beast.

I have screamed for years for them to try him on defense lord knows they've had enough garbage time to try it. if he ends up being a pretty good strong safety or something I'm going to puke

what you think of the browns going for Rice if he is going to be released?

Sidney Rice could be in trouble in Seattle

Posted by Mike Florio on March 12, 2013, 4:37 PM EDT

Reuters

When the Seahawks struck a deal on Monday for receiver Percy Harvin, receiver Golden Tate sounded a little concerned.

But the guy who should be the most concerned could be receiver Sidney Rice.

Due to earn a base salary of $8.5 million in 2013, the receiver budget may not be able to bear both Harvin and Rice, who were teammates in Minnesota from 2009 through 2010.

But Rice has had limited effectiveness in Seattle, with only 748 receiving yards in 16 starts last season. The year before, he missed seven games due to injury.

Per a source with knowledge of the contract, Rice has $3.6 million remaining in signing bonus proration, and $3.5 million of his base salary is guaranteed for injury only. Thus, cutting him would create nearly $5 million in 2013 cap space.

Bennett is off the market, signing with the Bears. I never heard him linked to us, but important to note that one of the top 3 TEs is off the market.

The Bears were the main competition for Jared Cook's signature.. so hopefully we can get him at a reasonable price.

Archived