• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Raiders continue to strike free agency gold:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/04/09/raiders-sign-usama-young/

Raiders sign Usama Bin Young

Posted by Darin Gantt on April 9, 2013, 4:13 PM EDT

AP

The Raiders continue to collect bargain-priced defensive talent, and it helps if you have a connection.

Today’s acquisition, as announced by the team, was veteran safety Usama Young.

Young spent the last two years with the Browns, but was with the Saints (and secondary coach Dennis Allen, now the Raiders head coach) prior to that.

He joins former Saints teammate Tracy Porter there, along with a lot of new parts as they try to rebuild on the cheap.

"Brady Quinn beats out Matt Leinart for backup job."

A headline I so dearly wanted Shep to be reading five years ago.

Brady Quinn, Seattle Seahawks agree to contract

By Marc Sessler

Around the League Writer

Published: April 9, 2013 at 03:53 p.m. Updated: April 9, 2013 at 08:17 p.m.

After taking a look at four potential backups to quarterback Russell Wilson, the Seattle Seahawks are nearing a decision.

Free-agent tracker

NFL free agency is underway. Follow all of the latest player rumors and signings in our free-agent tracker. More...

NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reported Tuesday that the team is "heading toward" signing Brady Quinn on the heels of Monday's four-passer tryout in Seattle, according to a source informed of the decision.

Quinn worked out for Seattle brass along with Matt Leinart, Seneca Wallace and Tyler Thigpen. It doesn't say much for Leinart -- coach Pete Carroll's former quarterback at USC -- that he'd lose out to Quinn, who already has flamed out with the Kansas City Chiefs and Cleveland Browns.

Thigpen and Wallace offer read-option experience, but Quinn might have more upside with some solid coaching. There isn't much available on the free-agent market, and it wouldn't be a surprise to see the Seahawks draft and groom a more natural fit for their offense than Quinn or any of the above.

UPDATE: The Seahawks later announced Tuesday that they have agreed to a contract with Quinn.

A little off topic here... Unsympathetic, you're up in the mock draft brother. B)

Free Agents at Browns area of need still out there. Any interest in any of these guys?:

LBs/DEs:

Karlos Dansby

Dwight Freeney

Nick Barnett

Daryl Smith

James Harrison

John Abraham

Shaun Phillips

Leroy Hill

Ty Warner

Quincy Black

Rolando McClain

Rocky McIntosh

OGs:

Brandon Moore

Jake Scott

Ebon Britton

Leroy Harris

Deuce Lutui

CBs:

Quentin Jammer

Antoine Winfield

Nate Clements

Shantae Spencer

Cedric Griffin

Jacob Lacey

Safeties:

Quinten Mikell

Charles Woodson

Gerald Sensabaugh

Madieu Williams

Ronde Barber

Danny McCray

WRs:

Brandon Lloyd

Laurent Robinson

Austin Collie

Early Doucet

Steve Breaston

TEs:

Kellen Winslow II

Randy McMichael

Ed Dickson

Will Heller

Chris Cooley

raiders will lose another linebacker if mcclain signs with the ravens.

which lends the question: do you think they pick the top LB with the #3 or do they have a chance to trade down?

i personally don't think any team wants to trade up that high, but what's the difference between the #3 and 6 when it comes to compensation?

raiders will lose another linebacker if mcclain signs with the ravens.

which lends the question: do you think they pick the top LB with the #3 or do they have a chance to trade down?

i personally don't think any team wants to trade up that high, but what's the difference between the #3 and 6 when it comes to compensation?

Do we care if McClain signs with the Ravens? Is he worth a shit?

I mean, their big coup was getting Elvis Dumerville. Are they now just filling in holes with mediocre players?

no.

i wasn't asking about the ravens. i was talking draft and the fact that the raiders are picking #3 and have lost/losing another LB. so if they take a LB it's just another team that won't take millner.

i don't the the ravens scare anyone anymore, even with dumervil and this guy.

no way raiders let floyd get past them.. they have exactly one DL under contract now that they released Kelly.

McClain was actually released by the raiders first.. he was off the roster before the Ravens had any interest.

I wouldn't bother with any of the FA's remaining. it's like asking if you want to pay for Donte Whitner who made the Pro Bowl this year.. however, Whitner also gave up the most TD's of any safety in the league.

Archived