THE BROWNS BOARD

Official Free Agency Activity Thread

TheClevelandSound

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Paul Kruger would be a good start, we need some more linebackers. Kruger would be a starter I'd assume, so we'd have Kruger, DQ, Gocong and Sheard. With Rubin, Taylor and Winn and Hughes down front. What do you guys think?

Paul Kruger would be a good start, we need some more linebackers. Kruger would be a starter I'd assume, so we'd have Kruger, DQ, Gocong and Sheard. With Rubin, Taylor and Winn and Hughes down front. What do you guys think?

You are forgetting JMJ, Acho, Robertson and Fort.

I think the question does have to be asked: if we are going to a 3-4, along with DQ will any of these holdover LBs fit the bill? Include Gocong because I am not sure his position is secure by any means. Not in my view.

I also still see Sheard as a DE even in a 3-4.

So, we all say we need a few LBs. Do we have many of them on hand?

Oh man, the anticipation is killing me! 4 O'clock can't come soon enough. I just hope that Kruger isn't THE BIG ONE. Yeah, he's decent but not a franchise changing type of player, I wouldn't call him a game changer in all due respect. We need a Premier cornerback or Safety or something like that. Kruger has a cool last name and the orchestra celebration after a sack is priceless but I need a little something MORE!

How long to you think it will be after 4 hit until we sign our first player???

You are forgetting JMJ, Acho, Robertson and Fort.

Personally, I like Kaluka Miava more than any of these guys but that's not to take away from their potential... they just need developed.

It's just refreshing to hear the browns at least are trying for the top guys in FA this year. I've learned quite quickly to not get my hopes up with the Browns though. If Kruger and Cook come along with a solid second CB (there's a bunch out there) I might actually believe in the Browns for once. But alas only time will tell.

The Browns in the past 10 years have been Retards in FA.

Hopefully they nab Kruger, or Avril and a good CB. Experience is what the team needs as the Browns are extremely young across the board, but our youth is very raw talent...stress "talent". This FA period is certainly an indicator of what direction the Browns will go in the draft.

Kruger will strike it rich in Cleveland

Posted by Mike Florio on March 12, 2013, 3:54 PM EDT

Getty Images

There’s another guy named Kruger who’ll be looking to donate some excess year-end money to the Human Fund.

Per a source with knowledge of the situation, Ravens linebacker Paul Kruger is expected to sign with the Browns after the league year begins. The contract is expected to be in the range of $8 million to $9 million per year.

The Colts were also reportedly after Kruger.

Maybe now he can afford a jersey that fits.

Kruger will strike it rich in Cleveland

Posted by Mike Florio on March 12, 2013, 3:54 PM EDT

Getty Images

There’s another guy named Kruger who’ll be looking to donate some excess year-end money to the Human Fund.

Per a source with knowledge of the situation, Ravens linebacker Paul Kruger is expected to sign with the Browns after the league year begins. The contract is expected to be in the range of $8 million to $9 million per year.

The Colts were also reportedly after Kruger.

Maybe now he can afford a jersey that fits.

Sheard is an OLB, make no mistake. The DL rotation for next year is: Taylor/Rubin/Hughes, with Winn as the first off the bench. I don't want Avril - not good enough against the run. Abraham and Freeney are too old.

I'm glad the Bears already signed Bennett -- they were our major competition for Jared Cook.

Smoke= fire.....and it's usually a negative in Cleveland. good to see that trend may change

didn't that happen to the river in cleveland back in the days.:) please no fire!

I hope crap like this doesn't happen all day!

Jumping of the gun begins: DeAngelo Hall has not signed in Detroit

Posted by Michael David Smith on March 12, 2013, 4:20 PM EDT

Reuters

With the new league year underway and millions of NFL fans desperate for any free agency news they can get, expect at least a few reports that jump the gun about a player signing with a new team.

One such report came out of WUSA-9 in Washington, D.C., which said that cornerback DeAngelo Hall, who was just released by the Redskins, had signed with the Lions. In an instant, the original WUSA report had been posted on Twitter so many times that “DeAngelo Hall” was a trending topic across the United States.

One problem: The report was false.

After the Hall-to-Detroit rumor had gone halfway around the world, other reports began to surface saying that Hall had not, in fact, signed with the Lions. Eventually, the Lions posted on their official Twitter account that they haven’t signed Hall.

So DeAngelo Hall is still a free agent. And we have a good reminder that at the start of NFL free agency, you can’t believe everything you hear.

Archived