THE BROWNS BOARD

Ernie Accorsi

DestinFunk

It has been reported that Accorsi is "consulting" Lerner through all of this...i guess that is why i am not as worried as if he had made all of these moves without a great football brain behind him...

Im sure Randy has tried..i hope...to get Ernie on staff a litle more concrete ..parcells role maybe?...

The guy is money and after all these years still gets it..look this from his wiki page..

>>>>Accorsi is also responsible for drafting stars Osi Umenyiora, Chris Snee, Justin Tuck, Matthias Kiwanuka, and Brandon Jacobs, as well as signing through free agency Antonio Pierce, Kareem McKenzie, Plaxico Burress, and Fred Robbins. He hired current head coach Tom Coughlin after the 2003 season dismissal of Jim Fassel.<<<<

Also the Manning draft trade..which i thought was a dumb move..and even on paper it still looks bad as they traded a pro bowl QB (Rivers) and a first rounder and a 3rd rounder...OUCH...difference?...Manning now has a SB ring.

He was the brains behind our Mid to late 80s/early 90s Browns teams that we all still talk about soo much...

Get this guy inked...hell give him some ownership for all i care...

Ernie is Money.

Make it so.

When this whole process started and people were getting all over Lerner for jumping the gun, I told everybody that Ernie Accorsi and Mara were assisting Lerner. Accorsi has been offered many times as a part time consultant and really isn't interested. He is advising as a friend of Randy's father and Lerner and Mara are very tight.

If he Lerner let Pioli walk while being advised by Accorsi and Mara then I have no regrets. Accorsi is very high on Kokinis.

Accorsi won't officially join the Browns because he still does some consulting with the Giants.

When this whole process started and people were getting all over Lerner for jumping the gun, I told everybody that Ernie Accorsi and Mara were assisting Lerner. Accorsi has been offered many times as a part time consultant and really isn't interested. He is advising as a friend of Randy's father and Lerner and Mara are very tight.

If he Lerner let Pioli walk while being advised by Accorsi and Mara then I have no regrets. Accorsi is very high on Kokinis.

Accorsi won't officially join the Browns because he still does some consulting with the Giants.

I had mentioned in another thread that Accorsi had put Kokinis up as one of the top 3 candidates for a GM job LAST YEAR. He really thinks Kokinis is an up and comer.

Guest Aloysius
One more quick tid bit (this is for ALOY)

Accorsi went to Wake Forest..I bet he has seen LOTS of CUrry.

Sold.

Actually, I've been a big fan of Accorsi ever since I read The GM (very good book).

He did a great job grooming Jerry Reese for the GM job. It'd be smart to bring him in to advise our young FO guys.

Sold.

Actually, I've been a big fan of Accorsi ever since I read The GM (very good book).

He did a great job grooming Jerry Reese for the GM job. It'd be smart to bring him in to advise our young FO guys.

Would love to see him get the itch and come back, even part time, to the Brown's FO. Sorry, Jim Brown, move over and let a real consultant in.

Archived