THE BROWNS BOARD

Colt Mccoy

bigbaddawgjr

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/article_external/still_talk_of_the_browns_trying_to_bring_in_mallett_could_phil_taylor_get_traded_to_new_england/13148767

I am convinced the Browns loaded up their defensive front with some talented guys in free agency. They still didn’t make a move to bring in a quarterback to compete with Weeden. Now the focus in some reports say the Browns could be working out a deal to send former number one pick Phil Taylor to New England.

Lets not forget the Browns still have Colt McCoy on the team. Presently McCoy is out-of-town representing his fellow Cleveland Browns at union meetings. McCoy is the teams union representative. People think the Browns are hell-bent to bring in a quarterback to compete because Haslam III said that Weeden would have to compete for the starting quarterback role. Well, lets not forget that McCoy is still on the team and if you listened to what Haslam said over the super bowl weekend, you would have heard him say the Browns were not going to trade any of their players.

If Jimmy Haslam holds true to his word, that means McCoy would be competing for the starter role. Some fans think McCoy out-played Weeden in last season preseason, they think McCoy should have been the starter going into the regular season. He wasn’t and his preseason performance was completely ignored by the moron that was running the team.

Jimmy Haslam III who loves college football, knows McCoy is a competitor. He knows what McCoy did in college and in his mind he thinks McCoy can win in the NFL. Colt McCoy gives the Browns something Weeden lacks, he has an incredible football I.Q. and he has the ability to scramble.

Before we trade a former first round player like Taylor to New England for another back up quarterback lets not forget that the competition Haslam wants to see could very well be between McCoy and Weeden in camp. This season could get a real chance to compete. Not like the 3 ring circus led by an idiot last season.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BAM! Call me Prophetic Poetic G. Exactly what I've been saying... read em and weep boys cause I'm holding all aces!

#1: They have already said, in about two straight interviews, that they will not be trading away any DL. They like the depth they had. Now if New England offered a good trade, say Rubin for Mallet and a handfull of mid round picks or their second, I could see our FO being swayed. Having said that Beli-tits doesn't make trades like that. He has an over inflated value of young guys on him team and he would demand a trade straight up or even require us to send over picks. That won't happen.

#2: While it speaks volumes for McCoys character and intelligence for him to be selected to represent the Browns at the meetings, it is a position that is picked by teammates, not the FO. It has no value based on talent. Case in point Fujita was the old representative. Super intelligent guy, not a good player.

This is Jimmy's team and he really likes Colt. Jimmy is a character guy and wants to keep the best character guys on the team...i have a feeling this may be one reasone that he didn't keep Josh (3 million other reasons as well, plus they like D. Robinson from UM in the 4th 5th if he is available to replae Cribbs) We need serviceable backups and Colt is one of those. He could be in this leauge till he is 50, he takes care of his body, is athletic, very instinctual and if anyone watched the radar gun his fastball got plenty fast last year. Plus he can hit on 95% of the throws, even across his body. My only true concern is that he is like Kyrie Irving he is a bit fragile. I would be very surprised if they let Colt go this year, i'm not saying he is our best chance of winning but i have a feeling that Colt will be here long after Weeden or whoever is gone...he is our Don Strock.

This is Jimmy's team and he really likes Colt. Jimmy is a character guy and wants to keep the best character guys on the team...i have a feeling this may be one reasone that he didn't keep Josh (3 million other reasons as well, plus they like D. Robinson from UM in the 4th 5th if he is available to replae Cribbs) We need serviceable backups and Colt is one of those. He could be in this leauge till he is 50, he takes care of his body, is athletic, very instinctual and if anyone watched the radar gun his fastball got plenty fast last year. Plus he can hit on 95% of the throws, even across his body. My only true concern is that he is like Kyrie Irving he is a bit fragile. I would be very surprised if they let Colt go this year, i'm not saying he is our best chance of winning but i have a feeling that Colt will be here long after Weeden or whoever is gone...he is our Don Strock.

This is the stupidest fucking post I have ever seen on this board. Jimmy is a character guy, so he let a guy walk to who thousands of dollars and hundreds of volunteer hours to the Cleveland area? Colt can make 95% of his throws, he will play till he is 50, he has a good fast ball? WTF kind of fairy land do you list in.

The only part of that post that is true is the fact that he will have a long career (not till he's 50) but he will be in the NFL for a long time. He will make a very good backup QB for a long time in the NFL because of all the reasons why these homos love him. He's a good guy, he works hard, he keeps his mouth shut and is always ready to play. Well..maybe he's not always ready to play based on that Denver game when he was throwing ducks into the dirt over and over again.

Nevertheless...he will have a long career. He just won't be the starting QB of the Browns next season.

Nevertheless...he will have a long career. He just won't be the starting QB of the Browns next season.

Why is that? Because you said so? Alrighty then DAD. I'm sure that will hold up when Colt has Weeden in the fetal position in training camp...

Why is that? Because you said so? Alrighty then DAD. I'm sure that will hold up when Colt has Weeden in the fetal position in training camp...

Why is that? Because he isn't good enough. He doesn't have the arm strength to run the type of offense that Chud and Norv have said repeatedly that they want to run. He can't throw the ball down field with anything on it. Why is that so hard for you to understand? Read EVERY scouting report on him coming out of college. Read EVERY scouting report on him from his time as a starter. They all say the same thing...he isn't good enough. Just because you have a very seriously creepy boy crush on him doesn't make his arm any stronger. Great...he has a lot of heart and can run and scramble. So could Charlie Frye...how did that work out for everyone? How did his NFL career turn out?

Colt's only chance was last year in the outdated WCO offense that Shurmur tried to force feed us the last 2 years. Unfortunately for Colt, Shurmur was also force fed Weeden who didn't fit the offense that Shurmur wanted. It's the main reason why all of those ass clowns are no longer here.

The QB may be Weeden next year and very likely could be someone else, either a draft pick (Geno Smith) or still a FA. But one thing is damn near for certain. Colt McCoy will not be the QB of this team next year. Haslam essentially said as much when he said that we would bring someone in to compete for the QB job. Where do you think that leaves Colt?

They stated very plainly that Weeden wouldn't be HANDED the starting position again this season. He said there would be a QB competiton that fair and puts the best guy out there. By that I'm reading that they believe that Colt was the better QB and should have won the job based on production and football IQ and leadership... all the things you look for in a starting QB. Who gives a FUCK if his arm isn't as strong as Weedens? Arm Strength isn't all there is to being a QB, just ask DA or the many fluke jobs before and after, it's about what goes on upstairs. Colt may not have a Pitchers Arm but he's got more than enough to be an excellent starter for us... You guys, what are you on?

They stated very plainly that Weeden wouldn't be HANDED the starting position again this season. He said there would be a QB competiton that fair and puts the best guy out there. By that I'm reading that they believe that Colt was the better QB and should have won the job based on production and football IQ and leadership... all the things you look for in a starting QB. Who gives a FUCK if his arm isn't as strong as Weedens? Arm Strength isn't all there is to being a QB, just ask DA or the many fluke jobs before and after, it's about what goes on upstairs. Colt may not have a Pitchers Arm but he's got more than enough to be an excellent starter for us... You guys, what are you on?

Your right, arm strength doesn't mean anything... in a vertical passing attack.

Colt is a stand up guy and I truly like him as a person. I'll agree with you that he never got a fair shake with the Browns. The one year we went out and got offensive weapons was the same year he was replaced. All of this being said amounts to this: he just isn't the right man for the job. Arm strength doesn't always matter. Someone can get it done with a weak arm if an offense is tailored to their needs. Drew Brees is short. That offense opens throwing lanes for him to see through since he can't see over his offensive linemen. Colt could maybe be successful if someone implemented a WCO that wasn't ancient like Shurmur's offense.

Here's why Colt won't be our QB. Our offense is going to be geared toward a high powered vertical attack. Colt simply doesn't have the skill set to pull it off. He has a weak arm which just won't fit with a vertical attack. Weeden's skill set is far more geared toward that attack and any QB we bring in through free agency or the draft will also have this same skill set.

Big arm. Big offense. Colt doesn't have it and you're going to just have to admit it. We all like the guy, but there is no way he'll be able to run our 2013 offense successfully. If he does, fine. I'll admit I'm wrong because at that point our team will be better and we're all on board for that.

Well PG listen up. Just because you want to believe it, won't make it come to pass. There are about $2.3 million reasons Colt won't be on the team this coming season. Just because there will be a "competition" doesn't mean it will involve Colt.

And please, please pull your head out of your a$$ before you start showing any more of Colt's COLLEGE stuff, because it doesn't mean jack s**t when you move up to the Big Boy league.

I wasted 7 minutes of my day critiquing those long gone Texas days, and here's what I OBJECTIVELY saw.

1) Colt will wind up on IR in a hurry trying to break off runs like that- players in the NFL are a tad stronger and faster.

2) Plenty of flutterballs to be seen.

3) Here's the most damning thing about those highlights. By NFL standards, maybe 5 of those "highlight" throws (tops) were made into what would be considered tight NFL coverage. Cripe, most of the time he had his wide receivers open by at least 5, if not 10 yards. One of those "highlights" was a totally blown coverage, the defender wasn't even in the picture!

So yup, kindly believe it when every armchair quarterback (or expert NFL scout) tells you Colt doesn't have the arm to rifle the ball into tight coverage.

High character will only get you so far in the NFL. Ken Dorsey was another weak armed high character guy.

hated the colt pick. learned to like the guy. didn't get a fair shake.

such is life.

he'll have a long career...doing radio/tv broadcasts for texas u or the big 12 network.

Which did you hate worse, the colt pick or the Brandon pick. I wanted to throw the TV through the window when Goodell called Weedens name

Which did you hate worse, the colt pick or the Brandon pick. I wanted to throw the TV through the window when Goodell called Weedens name

i hated the pick of mccoy, but fuggin puked when they picked weeden. they (holmgren) had drafted mccoy 2 years before and was basically raising the white flag as an admission of 'i don't know what the fuck i am doing anymore' by drafting weeden in a reach.

i know the verdict is still out on weeds. he's our QB until someone knocks him off his perch and i'll support him or whoever it is......even though they make it hard sometimes.

i think the QB play is going to be the reason we make it to the playoffs or the reason we don't. not the defense. the the offensive skill positions or the line. it's time for our QB to step up.

I would say the verdict is very much in on Weeden- He's an old player already, one year removed from a rookie, who's basically a pitcher acting like a QB who plays with no passion and a very low football IQ. Seems pretty straight forward to me. He had his name made for him by Justin Blackmon who was always open and nearly was always covered by someone who was outmatched. I wanted to wake up when Weeden's name was called and couldn't believe the FO would pick a guy that wasn't even invited to attend the draft. They could have pulled a name out of a hat on draft day for the pick we WASTED on Weeden and our team would be better off.

You guys that are bashing me for Colt McCoy are off kilter if you think that I'm just blindly following the guy. If you think that he's anything like Charlie Frye I disagree. I liked Charlie Frye as a person, he was a good guy but he couldn't get the job done. He had Braylon Edwards and a host of other talented offensive players at his disposal. Who did Colt have? That therein is the rub, he's never been given a legit chance, never been given any weapons to work with, never had a chance to work with a coaching staff that had they combined their collective brains wouldn't have outwitted Wiley Coyote.

I know the difference between a nice guy and a football player. I know the difference. Colt was the best QB that came out the year that he did. He was better than Bradford, better than Tebow, better than Clausen. He fell to us because there was question about him not being able to win the big game... The game in which he was poised to win had he not been knocked out due to injury. An injury that he himself admitted that he was just getting over last season. I believe that the kid can flat out play and there is a very vast staple of fans that tend to agree with me.

There are those that say, "He didn't get a fair shake but that's life, next!" Well, what kind of shit is that? I want what's best for our team, I want us to win, that is the goal, that's what they play for, that's what we watch for. Why sell ourselves short(no pun intended) and not cover all our bases to find out if the kid really has it or not. In Colt I see a leader who our players will follow and respect. I saw that as Colt addressed the team as a rookie against the Pittsburgh Steelers and who continues to demonstrate his leadership even after being stabbed in the back by the FO.

This isn't about being "right" or having some kind of crush on the guy. I think that Colt has the tools and if given the chance that he can lead this team to 10+ wins this year, which would put us in the Playoffs. That is the goal, getting to the playoffs and contending for a championship. I believe Colt can take us there.

Short off going out and Getting Carson Palmer ,we have little options . I don't believe Weeden is the guy . I don't know what Mike was thinking . Can you Imagine walking in a room full of Football players and In your minds eye , Can you see Brandon Weeden as the A male archetype , A leader . This guys refuses to be coached . He turns down specific drill tailored for him .Christ he looks like Ron Howard

I think a little gay seed fell of of mike that day . Brandon Weedens not going to scissor kick the queer out of James Harrison.

It will take a better man . Colt was never given a real chance . so we need some competition .

Although Gayer things have happened in the NFL (Tom Brady )

Short off going out and Getting Carson Palmer ,we have little options . I don't believe Weeden is the guy . I don't know what Mike was thinking . Can you Imagine walking in a room full of Football players and In your minds eye , Can you see Brandon Weeden as the A male archetype , A leader . This guys refuses to be coached . He turns down specific drill tailored for him .Christ he looks like Ron Howard

I think a little gay seed fell of of mike that day . Brandon Weedens not going to scissor kick the queer out of James Harrison.

It will take a better man . Colt was never given a real chance . so we need some competition .

Although Gayer things have happened in the NFL (Tom Brady )

Joeb What?! :lol: Are you drinking? But seems how we apprear to be in agreeance, carry on, carry on.

Joeb What?! :lol: Are you drinking? But seems how we apprear to be in agreeance, carry on, carry on.

Great Lakes Conway's Irish Ale,But The problem Is Tomorrow I may still think Brandon is still a flake ,I Just think we could of had a safety Last year and if we truly wanted a Weeden , Ryan Fitzpatrick is available today . Same QB . They even Look alike .But that's hind sight . or is it

Archived