THE BROWNS BOARD

Why the Cardinals will win the Super Bowl

BrownsFan17

That's a big "if" and the only reason I say that is because I believe he's been turnover free throughout the playoffs. Which is a nice run, but we both know Ben can go on turnover benders, and let's face it, he's due for some turnovers.

Not sure if that will be the case, he can continue his good play and the steelers will win by 17.

Not so big an IF...We have been Fine so far , and I am thinking that they may just have a little Extra FOCUS in this game that they call the "Super Bowl" !! One more game... I really think we can be focused. And think about this. Ben had 32 TD 11 Picks last year and was Hailed as an Up and Coming STUD !! So this year he tosses 15 Picks (Not really that much different) The Big difference is Less TDs.... Ben will be fine. The Cards have to Play out their Butts to win this. Pittsburgh has to play out their Butts to Blow out Arizona ! Add to that the Loss 21-14 in the desert last season. That will only further Focus the Steelers. Not that I think the Steelers CANT LOSE. I just think the are the Better Team in this match-up. They seen what Happened to NE last year...so Overconfidence shouldn't be an issue. The biggest questions to me are Warner against the Blitz is SOLID ! And Fitzgerald is a Beast ! SO our Offense HAS to be more than a Clock Eater.... they HAVE to help Win this thing. No FOR SURE..but we are a Better team. Execute and Win !

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
you sound like an angry Super Bowl outsider. I can't help it if the browns don't belong .

Funny. I was discussing the Cardinals but you keep bringing up the Browns. You really need to work on this obsession you have. It's kind of sad and pathetic.

:)

no, you are a bitchy Browns fan who is jealous of the Steelers making the Super Bowl ( I might remind you AGAIN!) and you are trying to stir things up by rooting for the Cardinals when you know that they do not stand a chance.

fans for the Browns failure to reach a Super Bowl.

you are trying to stir things up by rooting for the Cardinals

Dude, how dense are you? This is a CLEVELAND BROWNS message board. Who do you think we're rooting for? YOU???

And speaking of stirring things up, isn't that why you and your brethren are here in the first place? To stir shit up and get your rocks off on all of the pathetic Browns fans?

no, you are a bitchy Browns fan who is jealous of the Steelers making the Super Bowl ( I might remind you AGAIN!) and you are trying to stir things up by rooting for the Cardinals when you know that they do not stand a chance.

Quit blaming Steeler fans for the Browns failure to reach a Super Bowl.

The Cardinals do have a chance of beating you and you just can't handle the thought. They are a very good team (in case you haven't noticed-they did make it to the Super Bowl) with an offense that your D might just have a hard time handling plus your offense is below average. Those are the facts and they have nothing to do with whether or not I am a Browns fan. Face them.

It's OK to be confident but there's no need to be a pompous ass.

This is not a Cleveland Browns forum. The name says "the Browns board" but you discuss PGH and a host of other teams not to mention the draft.

Here's an anaolgy for you ok? There is a newpaper called the USA TODAY. Do you think this newpaper is only about what happens in the USA on any given day? No, they write about current events all over the world.

writes about other things besides Pittsburgh and they welcome letters from people all over the U.S. and the world.

This is a football forum and you are dead wrong in your unobjective analysis.

This is not a Cleveland Browns forum.

Funny, it is named the BROWNS BOARD.

I never ever thought I'd encounter someone this , well, wrong.

May I ask what brought you here in the first place, BOSSY? Was it the objective overall NFL talk or what...

Guest Masters
Funny, it is named the BROWNS BOARD.

I never ever thought I'd encounter someone this , well, wrong.

May I ask what brought you here in the first place, BOSSY? Was it the objective overall NFL talk or what...

What's really funny is on the front page of www.thebrownsboard.com, one of the forum links specifically says DISCUSS THE BROWNS in big bold on the front page. Gee, what ever could that mean?

We are dealing with a whole 'nuther level of stupid here.

I gotta say this is a level of stupid here that I 'm not so sure I've ever been privy to before.

It's actually kinda fuggin scary to be honest.

Well last time he was in a Super Bowl he sported a rating of 22.3 or some shit like that, so not sure if focus can come to your aid in this argument.

Hey, he might go out and toss 3TD's with no turnovers, it's certainly possible, but I also know trends in the NFL never go on forever, and when your due for something your due.

blaa blaa blaaa ...How Old was he ?? Is he More or Less experienced. Is he a Proven winner ? Did he make any plays in the midst of Sucking that game ? Come on dude thats so lame. We wouldn't even have GOT TO that Super Bowl with out Bens Play in those Playoffs. And Playing in ONE Super Bowl and what you did is Not a Trend. ... And ANY QB including Peyton Manning can go out and Lay an egg.... I am no More or less Worried about that stuff . We wouldn't even have MADE the Super Bowl without what Ben did in the Playoffs that season. IF ...we win THIS Game it will be a Total Team Effort. Thats how you win Super Bowls. Ben taking care of the Ball , YES , is a Big step.

fans for the Browns failure to reach a Super Bowl.

Well you cant honestly say they stand NO CHANCE. Crafty Solid Vet QB... Tough Running Backs... GREAT Receivers. Add to that Wiz and Grimm have working knowledge of us. Personally I expect a Battle. But I do ecxpect the BETTER Team to come out on top. However The NY Giants of last year are the Perfect Example of Counting Chickens before they Hatch !! Be Ready... dont assume anything... and dont take a DOWN Off....

blaa blaa blaaa ...How Old was he ?? Is he More or Less experienced. Is he a Proven winner ? Did he make any plays in the midst of Sucking that game ? Come on dude thats so lame. We wouldn't even have GOT TO that Super Bowl with out Bens Play in those Playoffs. And Playing in ONE Super Bowl and what you did is Not a Trend. ... And ANY QB including Peyton Manning can go out and Lay an egg.... I am no More or less Worried about that stuff . We wouldn't even have MADE the Super Bowl without what Ben did in the Playoffs that season. IF ...we win THIS Game it will be a Total Team Effort. Thats how you win Super Bowls. Ben taking care of the Ball , YES , is a Big step.

Ben will be fine and he will come out and play big in this game. He is more experienced now being in his 5th season as opposed to being in only his 2nd season back in 2005 in Super Bowl XL. He has even come out and admitted he had a huge case of the nerves in the Super Bowl in 2005. This time around he wont be, and I am sure he is chomping at the bit to redeem himself in this Super Bowl and erase that horrible passer rating and sub-par to mediocre performance he had 3 years ago in the Super Bowl.

Yes the REFS are always "Helping us" Like the BS Sissy Pass Int. call on McFadden against the Ravens on a 3rd down to Give them an early TD. Or the Holmes "Non-Catch" dont you think IF Theye were Chaeting us those calls would ENDED UP in our favor ? What a Retard , better check the curb and see if the "short-bus" is still waiting on you. Or the 8 times the James Harrison was put in a Sleeper Hold by The Ravens LT. You see everything You see through Brown-Stained Glasses. And you sound incredibly asinine !

Read what the hell I post before you reply, I already covered why not every call is going to go your way. People are watching these games and if every call went the steelers way everybody and there mother would know that something was up.

You have refs being paid in basketball for point shaving, you have players being bought for point shaving, but some how we are expected to believe the NFL is above reproach? Why because its YOUR steelers going to the superbowl again? The last superbowl YOUR steelers won was won on shady ass calls and everybody except steeler fans can see that.

The Refs for the NFL arent even full time employes of the NFL, they do it as a part time gig. How increadibly nieve are you to believe that everything is on the up and up? Hell just watch a game that isnt the Steelers playing, (so you dont have your blinders on) and tell me everything is on the up and up. There have been way to many calls that effect the outcome of a game, wether its just enough to make it a closer score for the point spread or or out right help a team win that shouldnt.

The refs should not be making calls that effect a game but you see it week in and week out, and some very shady calls at that. Hell, how about that call that went against you guys against SD in the reg season? A horrible ass call that didnt effect the game but it sure as hell hurt the point spread. Was there any blacklash from that? Very little. I didnt hear about a ref being fired, did you?

Sorry I'm not as nieve as you are to believe that everything is on the up and up but that doesnt mean I belong on a short bus you jackass, I know what the hell I see every damn week, and its some shady ass calls. The NFL is not above reproach, every sport deals with cheating, from college to the pros from basketball to football. So get off your high horse, you know as much as I do wether it goes on or not, which means you know nothing. I believe it does you believe it doesnt, but I have past history on my side showing that betting does effect sports and there legitimacy.

Boy the Browns fans are sweating bullets over the Steelers winning their 6th Super Bowl. Smell like
in here. peee yoooooo.

The smell didn't get here until you did.... so go figure.

Read what the hell I post before you reply, I already covered why not every call is going to go your way. People are watching these games and if every call went the steelers way everybody and there mother would know that something was up.

You have refs being paid in basketball for point shaving, you have players being bought for point shaving, but some how we are expected to believe the NFL is above reproach? Why because its YOUR steelers going to the superbowl again? The last superbowl YOUR steelers won was won on shady ass calls and everybody except steeler fans can see that.

The Refs for the NFL arent even full time employes of the NFL, they do it as a part time gig. How increadibly nieve are you to believe that everything is on the up and up? Hell just watch a game that isnt the Steelers playing, (so you dont have your blinders on) and tell me everything is on the up and up. There have been way to many calls that effect the outcome of a game, wether its just enough to make it a closer score for the point spread or or out right help a team win that shouldnt.

The refs should not be making calls that effect a game but you see it week in and week out, and some very shady calls at that. Hell, how about that call that went against you guys against SD in the reg season? A horrible ass call that didnt effect the game but it sure as hell hurt the point spread. Was there any blacklash from that? Very little. I didnt hear about a ref being fired, did you?

Sorry I'm not as nieve as you are to believe that everything is on the up and up but that doesnt mean I belong on a short bus you jackass, I know what the hell I see every damn week, and its some shady ass calls. The NFL is not above reproach, every sport deals with cheating, from college to the pros from basketball to football. So get off your high horse, you know as much as I do wether it goes on or not, which means you know nothing. I believe it does you believe it doesnt, but I have past history on my side showing that betting does effect sports and there legitimacy.

DUDE ..i agree that there is some "Iffy" Stuff going on at times. MY Point is don't play this BS that PITTSBURGH is getting all this preferential attention. Its BS. Like i said IF we were the "Team" to go to the Bowl this year ...then Damn sure Santonios Catch wasn't getting overturned... and the piddly Pass Intf. on McFadden ? No way. The BS by NFL Refs ...goes in ALL Directions. The Troy TD against SD (Reg. Season) was an eye opener.... and the NFL needs to clean it UP !!!

And on the Flip side ...if you think that EVERYTHING is Bogus , Orchestrated and set -up ....Then Why bother. I think its isolated ...but getting more apparent !

And on the Flip side ...if you think that EVERYTHING is Bogus , Orchestrated and set -up ....Then Why bother. I think its isolated ...but getting more apparent !

Me being a Browns fan, Im gonna stick it to the steelers when I can, so that is why you see alot of the steeler references but as you said, it is not isolated to the steelers. I bother because I love football and I love the Browns but if it continues down this path where it is obvious what is going on then in 5 years I may not be as interested in football.

I honestly feel that betting has taken over the sport of football and the refs have more to do with who wins then most want to believe, and I'm not just talking about the steelers here, I mean several games a week being affected by the powers that be.

There is way to much money on the line with betting to believe that its all legit, if someone can cheat to make a payday they will find a way to do it. Paying off refs is an easy way of doing it and it only takes a few bad calls at a key point in the game to change an out come. Think a momentum shift flag that kills a needed drive or a flag extending a drive that kills the defense's morale.

I don't think that the refs flat out throw the games. It would be too noticeable. However, it is my experience that no process that involves more than a nominal amount of money is a completely clean process. I have seen some really funky calls, dropped passes, weird interceptions, that maybe did not affect the outcome of the game but affected the point spread. That is the important part of the money end anyway, not who wins. It would be interesting to do a study of beating spread vs. not beating spread by ref crew. Of course they could bet either way and there would not be a pattern, in which case you are left with strange stuff happening but no smoking gun.

Yeah you Clowns fans keep dreaming.....It would be pretty sad though to have the Cardinals win a Super Bowl while you guys only dream of making one....haHaaa.

I can see though you pulling for the Cards....If I was you I would become Card fans as well that way you can finally have a winning team to support...because you'll never have one in Clevland that's for sure.

It's going to be awesome come next Sunday Night watching our team win it's 6th Super Bowl title.

LEt's see 7 Super Bowl apperiances.

Six Super Bowl wins.

The only team in NFL HISTORY to play in the Super Bowl 4-straight Decades.

Sleep on that one folks.

Yeah you Clowns fans keep dreaming.....It would be pretty sad though to have the Cardinals win a Super Bowl while you guys only dream of making one....haHaaa.

I can see though you pulling for the Cards....If I was you I would become Card fans as well that way you can finally have a winning team to support...because you'll never have one in Clevland that's for sure.

It's going to be awesome come next Sunday Night watching our team win it's 6th Super Bowl title.

LEt's see 7 Super Bowl apperiances.

Six Super Bowl wins.

The only team in NFL HISTORY to play in the Super Bowl 4-straight Decades.

Sleep on that one folks.

If you're going to try to piss people off. The least you could do is learn grammar and spelling first.

None of you pussies are even going to the superbowl because you are all bandwagon, front running, bitches. My own Aunt LIVES IN FRICKIN FLORIDA, and is not going. I told her you can bet your ass I'll be at the SB when Cleveland makes it in 2042.

How the hell can you twits claim to be true fans when you won't even go to the most important game in your teams history.

If nothing else, the Cards will win because Kurt Warner lives in fear that if he loses a game, he will be devoured by a terrifying monster...

scary.jpg

Okay, a bit of a cheap shot, but still...for God's sake, she looks like the love child of Christopher Walken and Johnny Unitas.

Dennis

If you're going to try to piss people off. The least you could do is learn grammar and spelling first.

None of you pussies are even going to the superbowl because you are all bandwagon, front running, bitches. My own Aunt LIVES IN FRICKIN FLORIDA, and is not going. I told her you can bet your ass I'll be at the SB when Cleveland makes it in 2042.

How the hell can you twits claim to be true fans when you won't even go to the most important game in your teams history.

Fully understand you first statement. As far as the rest ...Come one dude there are MILLIONS of Steeler Fans ( Browns Fans as well ) And I am thinking that The Stadium in Tampa has about 65,857

seats that last time I looked.... This think called MATHAMATICS , makes your statement ASININE !!! Add to that this other thing Call Economics, and supply and demand also Play a part in the fact that the VAST Majority of ANY Teams fans CAN NOT Go ...to the Super Bowl if their team happens to get there. So stop this Stupid rant about "What kind of fan are You " ...it makes NO Sense !!

Archived