THE BROWNS BOARD

Some numbers, for Rich

Legacy Fan

Since these very figures have been used to quantify the eternal suck-factory that is George W. Bush, I thought I'd stop by and kill everyone's buzz.

Dow falls 332

The percentage decline [4%] was the biggest ever on the first day of an administration. That broke the old record of 2.9%, set on Nov. 22, 1963, when Lyndon Johnson took over after John F. Kennedy's assassination.

Or do we now go back to the school of thought that the President has nothing to do with the business cycle/economy?

If so, I need to go fix my clock & change the batteries in my smoke detectors. <_<

Since these very figures have been used to quantify the eternal suck-factory that is George W. Bush, I thought I'd stop by and kill everyone's buzz.

Dow falls 332

Or do we now go back to the school of thought that the President has nothing to do with the business cycle/economy?

If so, I need to go fix my clock & change the batteries in my smoke detectors. <_<

I understand your point to Rich, Leg but there are simply too many variables at work to claim that any single factor caused the markets - the world markets - to drop.

If the markets zoomed up - as I thought they might - we would be going through several posts claiming that one single factor drove the decline.

The problems are severe. Obama is a human being. Things will take quite some time to turn around.

Dow falls 332

That must be the change everyone is talking about. SUCKERS!

Just getting in a dig, John.

I've been praying for the guy (Obama), and hoping that he has a successful term(s). It sucks out there now, and unfortunately a lot of crap has been piled on his shoulders. No way just one guy can fix it (I'd invite my wife on here to share some stories from her patients at the hospital who strongly disagree with that statement and chose to "Wait til Tuesday," when they weren't satisfied with their care - but that's another thread). I just hope Obama can put together the gang that can.

It's official now, he's my President, and I support him. Give 'em hell, Barry.

Quit acting like mz the pussy's bitch.

Ha. Name one time John and I agreed on anything at all.

You don't talk politics on this side and you don't talk football on the other. What purpose do you serve?

Just getting in a dig, John.

I've been praying for the guy (Obama), and hoping that he has a successful term(s). It sucks out there now, and unfortunately a lot of crap has been piled on his shoulders. No way just one guy can fix it (I'd invite my wife on here to share some stories from her patients at the hospital who strongly disagree with that statement and chose to "Wait til Tuesday," when they weren't satisfied with their care - but that's another thread). I just hope Obama can put together the gang that can.

It's official now, he's my President, and I support him. Give 'em hell, Barry.

I agree, Leg.

The homophiles, femi-nazis, and their like will (quietly) complain about Obama and his policies before I do.

They truly believe that they had something to do with his election and that he owes them something.

"All of America" means "All of America".

They will castigate a President who actually does what he said he would do.

Archived