THE BROWNS BOARD

A plea for Crabtree.

Guest mz.

Arizona just advanced to the Super Bowl based solely on their passing game.

As great as the Fitzgerald/Boldin combo is for Warner, an Edwards/Crabtree combo could be similarly devastating.

Maybe????

As great as the Fitzgerald/Boldin combo is for Warner, an Edwards/Crabtree combo could be similarly devastating.

Maybe????

I dont think so because the only reason we would ever go offense in rd1 is if we traded down to get more picks.

Guest Aloysius

The problem is that Edwards isn't as good as Fitzgerald and Crabtree may not be as good as Fitzgerald or Boldin (A smart draft guy recently compared him to Hines Ward).

Also, a big part of the Cardinals' success has been the sudden emergence of their running game and, perhaps more importantly, their defense. They've notched 7 sacks in three playoff games; we had 17 in the entire regular season.

So I still think the model for success is building a good to great defense. We've already got the pieces for a solid passing attack in Edwards & Winslow.

Why would you draft Crabtree when you need LB help and secondary help? WR has to be at the end of the need list, at least regarding a first round WR.

The draft is so deep in LB's he's looking for a way to draft a game changer on offense and still get the LB help we so desperately need.

Why would you draft Crabtree when you need LB help and secondary help? WR has to be at the end of the need list, at least regarding a first round WR.

I myself understand we need Lbers as it is the current weakness on Our team among other things but Hypothetically if say we got a Bart scott or a suggs on the team it could be a consideration...But Myself...Im leery of 1st WR's in the top half...Id rather go D-line or Lber...

I myself understand we need Lbers as it is the current weakness on Our team among other things but Hypothetically if say we got a Bart scott or a suggs on the team it could be a consideration...But Myself...Im leery of 1st WR's in the top half...Id rather go D-line or Lber...

100% Where do the Mocks have Orakpo going? I haven't been looking at the mocks. ;)

So I still think the model for success is building a good to great defense. We've already got the pieces for a solid passing attack in Edwards & Winslow.

Agreed.

I honestly believe we're one to two playmakers away from having the personnel necessary for a top 10 D. So, between the number 5 pick, potential emergence of an existing player into a playmaker, and free agency we have a shot for next year.

Our offense needs to be managed and its ego healed. Get Tucker back in the line-up and use the draft to find another RB, young OL talent to develop and maybe another receiving option.

100% Where do the Mocks have Orakpo going? I haven't been looking at the mocks. ;)

Honestly i dont know as i havent read any Myself but im sure someone here does...

I would really like to see us pick up some receivers, and would be quite happy with Crabtree. But I also think we would be better off getting a pass rusher in the first round, and picking up a guy like Hakeem Nicks in round two, or even Jarret Dillard later on.

I would really like to see us pick up some receivers, and would be quite happy with Crabtree. But I also think we would be better off getting a pass rusher in the first round, and picking up a guy like Hakeem Nicks in round two, or even Jarret Dillard later on.

Is Orakpo/Brown and Nicks a better use of our picks than Crabtree/Sintim?? Doubtful.

Guest Aloysius

Curry/Nicks is.

By the way, Herm Edwards didn't even show up to the Senior Bowl. With Tyler Thigpen's biggest admirer (other than Tony Gonzalez) gone, Kansas City could go QB at pick #3.

Let's hope Pioli falls in love with Mark Sanchez.

Like basically everyone else I was set on either Curry or Mays. Now if Curry's gone before our pick I don't have any guy I really want. Seems that just like Calvin Johnson rode the hype all the way up to #2 overall, the hype is dying on Crabtree and he's starting to fall. But still he was named the best receiver in the nation twice, as a freshman and sophomore. He doesn't have the blazing speed but he's definitely a big play guy and a real gamechanger who still hasn't even reached his full potential. That last play vs. Texas wasn't an accident.

And when you look at all the high drafted WRs recently you'll notice that the teams drafting them have no QB, no offensive line, and/or no running game. When we already have a good line, hopefully a good quarterback, Braylon strectching the field vertically and Winslow drawing more attention away, Crabtree would step right into that great cockpit we accused DA of being in, and make the offense incredibly dangerous.

Right now I still have my heart set on Curry, but if he's gone Crabtree is probably next on my list.

"Soley"? I don't think so. Not even close to being accurate.

People see these big catches by Fitzgerald and they think that's all there is. That's what they focus on.

At least mz the pussy must be focusing on that and nothing else if he thinks they got there "Soley" on their passing game.

Arizona got there with the 2nd best defensive team versus the rush throughout the playoffs and a well rounded offense, including over 100 yards rushing against a very good Eagle defense.

If you think this current Brown's defense is going to lead you to the promised land if the Browns would only add a big time reciever or two then you are going to be very disappointed.

And when you look at all the high drafted WRs recently you'll notice that the teams drafting them have no QB, no offensive line, and/or no running game. When we already have a good line, hopefully a good quarterback, Braylon strectching the field vertically and Winslow drawing more attention away, Crabtree would step right into that great cockpit we accused DA of being in, and make the offense incredibly dangerous.

Right now I still have my heart set on Curry, but if he's gone Crabtree is probably next on my list.

I just wonder when Crabtree and company would be able to get on the field with the defense the Browns currently have.

Is Orakpo/Brown and Nicks a better use of our picks than Crabtree/Sintim?? Doubtful.

no way sintim makes it through the first. with so many teams playing a 3-4 right now, he'll be in high demand, as will larry english, a guy i really, really like. he's looked fantastic in senior bowl practices so far.

Guest Aloysius

Yeah, I think Crabtree/Clay Matthews is a more likely scenario (though English could fall to Round 2).

Sintim's struggled a little bit adjusting to playing 4-3 SLB, but that was expected. More importantly, he's shown an ability to drop back and cover TE's, which is something he didn't do all that much at Virginia.

Matthews is good (I consider him a lunch-pail Lawrence Timmons), but he's far less 3-4 OLB ready and may not be as refined a pass-rusher.

Archived