THE BROWNS BOARD

Shurmur To The Eagles?

ClevelandFanForLife

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/20/pat-shurmur-expected-to-join-chip-kellys-staff-in-philadelphia/

Shocking. Kelly had a high flying offense and Shurmer runs the most outdated schemes known to man. Eagles brass must have made this move to help Kelly adjust to the NFL. Thoughts?

If Lombardi's hire makes some of us whine and cry, I can only imagine what Shurmur's hire does to Eagles' fans...........I hope the Philly suicide hotline can handle the volume.

I just don't get how pro sports work sometimes. I swear because you're a name or fall on some coaching free you get a million chances even though on the field results are terrible. Shurmer sucked as a OC for the rams and sucked for an OC AND HC for the browns. How many chances does someone get?

I just don't get how pro sports work sometimes. I swear because you're a name or fall on some coaching free you get a million chances even though on the field results are terrible. Shurmer sucked as a OC for the rams and sucked for an OC AND HC for the browns. How many chances does someone get?

Well look...A dumbass like Haslam is giving Lomtardi a 6th not 2nd chance.

1358697859[/url]' post='323697']

http://profootballta...n-philadelphia/

Shocking. Kelly had a high flying offense and Shurmer runs the most outdated schemes known to man. Eagles brass must have made this move to help Kelly adjust to the NFL. Thoughts?

Doesn't make a lot of sense, but seemingly hiring someone in the NFL doesn't require a good resume or how well they do, but more on friendship and experience.

Good point you should ask brian daboll that.

This just makes no sense to me. You have Chip Kelly who's coming in and is supposed to bring his up tempo offense with him. Why would you go out and get a guy as OC who has a polar opposite approach?

I guess we'll see how this is supposed to come together later, but as for right now it doesn't seem like the pieces fit so well in Philly.

This just makes no sense to me. You have Chip Kelly who's coming in and is supposed to bring his up tempo offense with him. Why would you go out and get a guy as OC who has a polar opposite approach?

I guess we'll see how this is supposed to come together later, but as for right now it doesn't seem like the pieces fit so well in Philly.

Im guessing but. Maybe Kelly sees Murmur and figures he can change the offense to a somewhat semi-conventional NFL offense but still infusing his ideas. hey Maybe Holmgren for QB coach next LOL~

• 3 weeks later...

What if Philly does a 180 ?

Would shurmur have anything to do with it?

What exactly is his title in Philly anyway?

Not likely. the eagle fanbase is in panic mode right now. Vick signing was not popular at all.

at least shurmer c what it feels like to not call every play with the oc position

Not likely. the eagle fanbase is in panic mode right now. Vick signing was not popular at all.

at least shurmer c what it feels like to not call every play with the oc position

I was watching nfl network a day or so ago and willie mcginist and another guy were talking about the hire of pat. The one guy said no way in hell shurmur and kelly can work. And Willie was smiling saying he wants to see where it can go.

But look at some of the hires, pat shurmur, some guy from the sports science labs.... either the guy is a complete genius or a fucking idiot.

Just think it could of been us, i'm thinking banner and haslam did the right thing pulling the plug on the kelly interview.

I was watching nfl network a day or so ago and willie mcginist and another guy were talking about the hire of pat. The one guy said no way in hell shurmur and kelly can work. And Willie was smiling saying he wants to see where it can go.

But look at some of the hires, pat shurmur, some guy from the sports science labs.... either the guy is a complete genius or a fucking idiot.

Just think it could of been us, i'm thinking banner and haslam did the right thing pulling the plug on the kelly interview.

They saw that the guy was a complete flake and backed out. Hopefully that shows that they are good at character judgment. But then, there is that Mike Lombardi thing. Maybe that will work out....but the skeptics about that are rampant, yours truly included.

I see the Eagles are collecting mobile QBs by re-signing Vick and signing Dennis Dixon.

I am getting a "Steve Spurrier" feeling about Chip Kelly's stay in Philly: revolving QBs, forcing a system that has never had NFL success, etc.

Dixon can be Kelly's Danny Weurffel.

Zombo

I see the Eagles are collecting mobile QBs by re-signing Vick and signing Dennis Dixon.

I am getting a "Steve Spurrier" feeling about Chip Kelly's stay in Philly: revolving QBs, forcing a system that has never had NFL success, etc.

Dixon can be Kelly's Danny Weurffel.

Zombo

Dixon will never play for the Eagles. The heir apparent is Foles, Jelly is in love with him.

Dixon is there only to be a mentor in implementing Jelly's system.

Dixon will never play for the Eagles. The heir apparent is Foles, Jelly is in love with him.

Dixon is there only to be a mentor in implementing Jelly's system.

Honestly I see Dixon as a backup and foles being the starter In K.C. maybe Buffalo, Jets, arizona, Hell with the new regime maybe even cleveland.

Honestly I see Dixon as a backup and foles being the starter In K.C. maybe Buffalo, Jets, arizona, Hell with the new regime maybe even cleveland.

Chip Kelly loves Nick Foles, he's been absolutely sucking his dick way too much for it to be just coach-speak. He could be trying to up his apparent value, but I think it's more that Foles' skill set fits in very well with Kelly's philosophy.

It all depends on how "long term" Kelly is thinking.

Archived